Budget Car Rental, POM shuttle?

photogineer

Hey all,

Next cruise is booked! We are sailing out of Port of Miami this time, we usually do Port Canaveral. I am looking to rent a car from Budget at FLL (couldn't get a good flight in to MIA) and drop it off near the cruise ships and get a shuttle to the ships, like we've done in the past at Port Canaveral. In searching the forum I came across a number of posts saying for Budget you had to drop off near the port and take a cab ride over to the ship, but I was searching Budget's website and found this location: http://locations.budget.com/us/fl/miami/p2f.html

I was expecting I could rent the car at FLL and drop it there, one way rental and get a free shuttle to the ship, but the posts I've seen on here suggest otherwise. Does anyone have any experience with that drop off locaiton and getting a shuttle? Also, can we do the same in reverse? Take a shuttle from the port to that location to pick up the car for our return trip to FLL?

Thanks

There have been some recent post indicating that Budget (and maybe Avis) do offer shuttles, while others say they don't? :confused: If a shuttle is offered, take it - otherwise the cab fare is only about $12 to POM (same from POM back to Budget).

National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free POM shuttles from their MIA airport location - in case you want to consider another car rental agency.

Good luck! :)

You can easily rent a vehicle from Budget at FLL and drop it off at the downtown Miami location that is located very close to the Port Of Miami. I have read numerous posts in the last few years that state the downtown Budget office doesn't provide shuttle service to the Port Of Miami. If you rent from either Dollar, Thifty, Alamo, National, or Enterprise you can drop off the vehicle at the Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport and take their free shuttle service to the Port Of Miami. At the conclusion of your cruise you can take the free shuttle back to the Rental Car Center and pick up the rental for your return to FLL. I've done this numerous times in the last thirty five years and it's easy. Hertz and Avis have downtown Miami locations but I'm unsure if they provide free shuttle service to the Port Of Miami.

Yes, Budget does provide a free shuttle from their P2F location close to POM. We did this for our Feb. 15/15 cruise with no difficulty. Understandably, since there were 7 ships in port, there was a bit of a line up to get on the shuttle (approximately 10 minutes) but once on the shuttle, the service was friendly, efficient and included in the price of your rental.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Problem is I found the change of PU and drop off location premium is ridiculous. I just wanted a two day rental. Price went from $80 PU and drop off at MIA to $340 to PU at FLL and drop off at MIA. Anyone else see this kind of premium charge?

• 1 year later...

Does anybody have current info whether or not Budget does offer a free shuttle to their facility from the Port of Miami? I'm getting so much conflicting info. We normally cruise out of Port Canaveral so we were hoping it would be a similar set up.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Does anybody have current info whether or not Budget does offer a free shuttle to their facility from the Port of Miami? I'm getting so much conflicting info. We normally cruise out of Port Canaveral so we were hoping it would be a similar set up.

Thanks in advance for any info!

If they do not a taxi will only be about $10-12 -- if travelling with family I would drop the group off with bags, return the car and then shuttle/taxi back solo.