Dubrovnik port into Old city

4AUSTRALIANS

Can someone please tell me how far and how to get to the old city in Dubrovnik from the port.

Also can someone please explain how to find a forum that relates to any other questions that I may have. I find this extremely confusing.

Thanks

Here's a link for a site that should have all the info you need on transportation. It's extremely easy to take the public bus from the port to old town (and I can't even figure out how to take a bus in my hometown, so trust me when I say this is easy :D)

http://cruiseportwiki.com/Dubrovnik

To make my day there even a bit easier, I pre-purchased the "Dubrovnik Card" online (this way, I didn't need to worry about having exact change as soon as I got off the ship). The price included bus fare, a ticket to walk to wall (a must do!) and some other discounts and passes to things like museums we didn't use. Here's the link for the site:

http://www.dubrovnikcard.com/

Dubrovnik is absolutely one of my most favorite places to visit. I know you will have an amazing time there!!!

Melissa

:)I think I have finally worked out how to use the site. Thankyou all

for your help and suggestions. Between saving that link in my favourites and seeing the other link for Mediterranean ports I now know what to actually look for.

This card looks exactly like what we need.

I have checked out the site but it says you pick it up once you purchase

online and show them your voucher. Where did you pick up yours?

Is there somewhere near where the cruise ship docks that you can do this? We are sailing on Celebrity so I don't know if this makes a difference

as to where we will be.

We always like to take the bus when we are away as to us it feels like we are mixing with the locals and doing things their way a bit more.

Here's a link for a site that should have all the info you need on transportation. It's extremely easy to take the public bus from the port to old town (and I can't even figure out how to take a bus in my hometown, so trust me when I say this is easy :D)

http://cruiseportwiki.com/Dubrovnik

To make my day there even a bit easier, I pre-purchased the "Dubrovnik Card" online (this way, I didn't need to worry about having exact change as soon as I got off the ship). The price included bus fare, a ticket to walk to wall (a must do!) and some other discounts and passes to things like museums we didn't use. Here's the link for the site:

http://www.dubrovnikcard.com/

Dubrovnik is absolutely one of my most favorite places to visit. I know you will have an amazing time there!!!

Melissa

Hi Cruiserbruce

Ok so I thought I had it. I clicked on this link you gave me then went to search up the top right and typed in Valetta. A whole lot of information came up from others. Now when I go in for another city and to look at Valetta again nearly all the forums appear to be from the cruise lines themselves not actual cruise critic members which is where I get all the answers to my questions. What am I doing wrong ???

If you make this the "Home Page" where you come into Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php

it will help you see the "big picture" of Cruise Critic. Add it to your browser "favorites".

Hi Cruiserbruce

Ok so I thought I had it. I clicked on this link you gave me then went to search up the top right and typed in Valetta. A whole lot of information came up from others. Now when I go in for another city and to look at Valetta again nearly all the forums appear to be from the cruise lines themselves not actual cruise critic members which is where I get all the answers to my questions. What am I doing wrong ???

Instead of doing a search, scroll down the page that is in the link. You will see "Ports of Call" section. Click on "Europe" and that will take you to information about all of the Europe ports. Find the area you are interested in and happy reading.

Here's a link to the Europe ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Edited by vjblk

Hi Valerie

So I have done this again and I tried before. I go to the Mediterranean ports which is say Dubrovnik but it brings up ports all over Europe and you have to search multiple pages for something that relates to what you want. So I thought the next thing you do is search the cities name.

When I am doing this that is when all the cruise ship information comes up. Is there a simple way to find a forum that may relate to questions I may have rather than starting a new forum for each one?

=vjblk;46074881]Instead of doing a search, scroll down the page that is in the link. You will see "Ports of Call" section. Click on "Europe" and that will take you to information about all of the Europe ports. Find the area you are interested in and happy reading.

Finally I have worked it out. I was going to search at the top of the page,

not search this forum to the right of the page I was on. That's what I had

done earlier and I didn't realise it.

Thanks for your help Valerie. I shall now have lots of reading to do.

Irene

Hi Valerie

So I have done this again and I tried before. I go to the Mediterranean ports which is say Dubrovnik but it brings up ports all over Europe and you have to search multiple pages for something that relates to what you want. So I thought the next thing you do is search the cities name.

When I am doing this that is when all the cruise ship information comes up. Is there a simple way to find a forum that may relate to questions I may have rather than starting a new forum for each one?

=vjblk;46074881]Instead of doing a search, scroll down the page that is in the link. You will see "Ports of Call" section. Click on "Europe" and that will take you to information about all of the Europe ports. Find the area you are interested in and happy reading.

Good. I am glad you found your way around. I forgot to mention the search the forum feature. You found it. Cruise critic doesn't always have the best search feature. Have you joined your roll call to chat with others on your cruise? That is always fun too.

Yes I have, that I had figured out a few cruises ago. I got no further

really. Have fluked upon things in the past but not even sure now.

I am now on the right track. Thankyou.

The roll call has been great especially for getting together with others on tours.:)

Good. I am glad you found your way around. I forgot to mention the search the forum feature. You found it. Cruise critic doesn't always have the best search feature. Have you joined your roll call to chat with others on your cruise? That is always fun too.

We were there last year and just caught a taxi. He took us for a drive over the new bridge and up to the top where the cable car goes. He then dropped us at the city gates. I can't remember the price but was cheap by Australian standards. Coming back it was just as easy. Lots of cabs just outside the gates. We bought our wall tickets when we got there it was all the same queue if you had tickets or not. It is a beautiful city.

I would encourage everyone visiting Dubrovnik to read up on the Siege before they go. It will help understand the city views you get from the wall. The "abandoned" roofless buildings, the aged tiles, the bright new tiles are there for a reason.