Anyone returned yet from Fly cruises in mediteranian

asda

Please let us know how your fly cruise in the mediteranian went. And any tips that you can think of.

In genoa was there a shop near by to buy cans of pop.water or wine.

Did you have to Collect luggage at airport or was it transferred to ship.

How much were the shuttle buses.

In venice were was the nearest vaporretto stop to the ship.

Did p&o provide fact sheet with a small map of port area and things to do.

Did the drink prices seam to be a lot dearer

And anything ales that will help plan our cruises. Thanks

Please let us know how your fly cruise in the mediteranian went. And any tips that you can think of.

I don't go until next month but have been before!. Try googling Venice vaporetto map and you can get a downloadable map showing all the routes and stops.

there is a stop right there in the Stazione Maritima. It is line 'B' and goes direct to St marks Square, however it does NOT go down the Grand Canal and I believe has its own ticketing system.

The best thing to do is to catch the people mover from outside the port area (1 euro) and go to Piazza Roma where there are lots of vaporetto stops. IMO the best one is route 2 which goes down the grand canal to St Marks Square and continues on to the Lido.

another useful question might be -Where is the Thomas Cook check in desk at Gatwick South Terminal?

Someone has reported that the baggage goes from room to UK airport direct and one assumes the other way as well. Bar prices will be higher if you are on a cruise which is all in EU. The one which has docked in the past day or so started in Malaga had Spanish tax throughout.

P&O always give you a map of the port. One or two are OK.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We would like to know what shows/acts/entertainment is onboard at the moment? I know most acts don't do the whole season and most fly out to do their spot and fly back but just to get a general idea.... Thanks!

just come back off ventura fly cruise had lovely time weather was windy and cold in Barcelona not to bad in palma Toulon and monti carlo .our luggage went to our rooms .on way home picked our cases up at east mid flew from genoa so did not see what was there .10% on drinks .entertainment was good enjoyed theatre shows fitting them all in was our problem .we tried to have early evening meal . so could do theatre at 8.30 then go to Havana at 10.30 or other way round .hope you enjoy your cruise im sure you will :)

just come back off ventura fly cruise had lovely time weather was windy and cold in Barcelona not to bad in palma Toulon and monti carlo .our luggage went to our rooms .on way home picked our cases up at east mid flew from genoa so did not see what was there .10% on drinks .entertainment was good enjoyed theatre shows fitting them all in was our problem .we tried to have early evening meal . so could do theatre at 8.30 then go to Havana at 10.30 or other way round .hope you enjoy your cruise im sure you will :)

Hi,glad you had a good cruise. Was your cruise booked under vantage/ select fare. If so did you get the cabin you wanted?

we booked a balcony cabin vantage was very pleased with cabin d deck in the middle we found out cabin number about 2 weeks before .we just fancied trying a fly cruise . we have also booked for caribean on britania thought it was to risky to wait as not sure how quick it would fill up

we booked a balcony cabin vantage was very pleased with cabin d deck in the middle we found out cabin number about 2 weeks before .we just fancied trying a fly cruise . we have also booked for caribean on britania thought it was to risky to wait as not sure how quick it would fill up

My parents have booked ventura for june on a select fare cabin A435 balcony. They have opted for any upgrade if available . So fingers crossed. but if not they are in an excellent position on the ship.

We're going on the 23 July ventura fly cruise but did it through cruis118 and got a night before in Genoa tagged onto the front of the holiday so we're hoping to pick up some soft drinks before we board on the departure day!

Hint for looking around- it's not amazing quality but if you use google maps street view, you can work out where stuff is in comparison to roughly where your ship will be! Still looking for shops near the port where we can pick up soft drinks and wine/spirits lol!

Anyone else on that cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going out on the 30th of April from Genoa and was also wondering about buying soft drinks and snacks.

Apparently we do not sail till 9pm and we land at 9am so I figure plenty of time to find a supermarket or similar.

I asked on the Genoa forum on trip adviser and got a couple of helpful replies one of which gave me this link to a map. The no 1 is a supermarket

http://www.tuttocitta.it/mappa/genova%20%28GE%29?id=E12A7FC8-8133-66C3-E040-A8C08F26360C

If you want to have a look at trip adviser Genoa forum you can see my thread there with its replies.

I am going to post on one of the roll call boards for people who are cruising before me to ask the same question.

If I don't find anything out before I go - I will let you know on our return

Going out on the 30th of April from Genoa and was also wondering about buying soft drinks and snacks.

Apparently we do not sail till 9pm and we land at 9am so I figure plenty of time to find a supermarket or similar.

I asked on the Genoa forum on trip adviser and got a couple of helpful replies one of which gave me this link to a map. The no 1 is a supermarket

http://www.tuttocitta.it/mappa/genova%20%28GE%29?id=E12A7FC8-8133-66C3-E040-A8C08F26360C

If you want to have a look at trip adviser Genoa forum you can see my thread there with its replies.

I am going to post on one of the roll call boards for people who are cruising before me to ask the same question.

If I don't find anything out before I go - I will let you know on our return

Thanks for that,we would like to go and get some pop and water before sailing. If you can when your have had your cruise please will you post as much as you can . What trips are you planning on doing or are you doing your own thing?

We are also flying out on the 30th April for seven days - good to know we will be able to see a little of genoa as we thought that by the time we get on onboard the ship will be rest to sail. !

We have a roll call for the April 30th sailing here, come & join us !

We get back on the 23rd April, going Genoa to Venice. I will let you know if the supermarket is where the map says and if its any good. We also arrive at 9am and i am thrilled we have so long in Genoa, but the down side to that is we wont get much time in Venice. we arrive Tuesday lunch time and we are there overnight but as we are first on we will be off the ship first and early:(

So, does the luggage go direct from plane to ship?

David.

It should be possible for the luggage to go straight to the ship if the flight is a charter and all the passengers are heading for Ventura. My Thomas Cook flight is a charter as they don't normally fly to Venice Marco Polo an hopefully there will be no boring baggage reclaim.

For the med you collect it at the airport, put it on the transfer coach and they take it to your cabin, only Barbados do they do it all. As per " help" on P&O.com.

If you read the P&O website it says luggage from charter flights for Med fly cruises go straight to the ship. Hope so as we leave from Newcastle on Wednesday.

Jim.

On another social media site, some of the first returnees are reporting that luggage was transferred direct from airport to ship and vice versa.

If you look up "What is bonded luggage" on P&O Med. fly cruises it explains it.

Jim.