Dinner arrangement

puzz

Hello all cruise fanatic's. I hope someone can answer my question. We are a group of 13 coming from Canada,and have 3 relatives that have booked from Chile,South America. This is on Carnival Cruise line. Is it possible to have them moved to our group for dinner.How do I go about doing this?Our travel agent was not able to do anything for us.

Link the booking together. You have to have all the booking numbers. Not sure if you can do it on line, but call carnival with information and they should be able to do it for you. To be on the safe side i would have names and booking numbers. Hope this helps..

Hello all cruise fanatic's. I hope someone can answer my question. We are a group of 13 coming from Canada,and have 3 relatives that have booked from Chile,South America. This is on Carnival Cruise line. Is it possible to have them moved to our group for dinner.How do I go about doing this?Our travel agent was not able to do anything for us.

You got a dud, as in terrible, TA.

The very reason I will not use one again.

you can try calling carnival your self and linking your bookings together.

You will need all the booking numbers.

YES I agree with you,i will keep trying thanks.

If it can be arranged it looks like you will have to get some cooperation from Carnival.

Contact them... you might have to insist that your TA make an effort (Carnival doesn't typically talk with customers who have booked through TA)

You would have to have all the booking #'s and explain your situation and hope they are willing to accommodate you.

If you still get a " sorry " response, I would try to contact John Heald...you can find his "blog" on the Carnival web site or on facebook. Explain your situation and ask if he could help and if not who you should contact.

The further out your cruise is the more likely you will be successful.

Good luck

Have a great cruise

I totally agree with DUD part, I've NEVER used TA. Have a PVP thru carnival and she is a dream. Never had a problem she couldn't or wouldn't take care of within minutes of talking with her. Don't know what I would do without her.

Call your ta and explain that you want all the bookings linked. He/she should have all the booking numbers if he/she booked the cruises. If he/she will not comply, insist on speaking to a supervisor.

If that fails, upon embarkation check the Fun Times. There will be a time range listed for when you can go to the dining room and speak with the maitre d' about getting everyone together. I think you'll need all the cabin numbers.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep on squeaking.

Not necessarily a DUD for a TA. If the friends from Chile booked with a non-US travel agency, it might not be possible to link the reservations. My excellent TA was not able to link us with friends on a Cunard cruise because we booked in the US and they booked in the UK. If this is the case, see the Maitre d' on boarding. EM

Anyone on here can give you the email addresses for the maitred of each ship, just ask if you don't already have it. [emoji4]

Not necessarily a DUD for a TA. If the friends from Chile booked with a non-US travel agency, it might not be possible to link the reservations. My excellent TA was not able to link us with friends on a Cunard cruise because we booked in the US and they booked in the UK. If this is the case, see the Maitre d' on boarding. EM

Seeing MD on embarkation probably would not work as large table typically would be filled up already.

I would not wait until you get on the ship. I would email the maitre'd with all the information. I was told they prefer to get the request about a week prior to your cruise.

Agreed. We had a table problem awhile back and the email worked. On another thread recently I posted the email addresses for the matre'ds. Email early in the week before you sail - I got the feeling that those guys work on the seating for the next cruise soon after the current passengers are on board and situated. They don't reply to the request, just normally do the change so I would check in the dining room as soon as I boarded to be sure.

Contacting John Heald is another possibility. Explain your problem - he'll probably advise you to send him the booking numbers the week before and he'll forward your request.

Call Carnival and have the 3 from Chile linked to the rest of your bookings. Don't wait until you get on the ship.

I would definitely try calling like justusfour says ... if that doesn't work then try the suggestions I made above :D

If you are able to get all three booking numbers, send an email to cclsupport@carnival.com. Mischelle will try to help. There are no tables for 13 or 16, so you will have to be at two tables.

I know people are telling you to email the Maitre D' but he isn't required to respond to email from passengers, even though most do. Other Maitre D's don't reply but do what is requested.

Carnival won't talk to you when you are booked through a TA as the agent is the point of contact with Carnival. Mischelle has helped me a few times and works with John Heald too

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.