Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 36

pierces

We got several Banana peppers and a few hot peppers. DH loves peppers but I am not allowed to eat them anymore.

Rain that began in May was horrible for us -- 56 days out of 60 had nothing but rain. Now we are in a draught.

We live 20 miles southeast of Pittsburgh and all the majority of the storms keep missing us.SIZE]

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

We got several Banana peppers and a few hot peppers. DH loves peppers but I am not allowed to eat them anymore.

Rain that began in May was horrible for us -- 56 days out of 60 had nothing but rain. Now we are in a draught.

We live 20 miles southeast of Pittsburgh and all the majority of the storms keep missing us.SIZE]

When I was in the area in late April, it was snowing. Crazy.

Nicely done!

Details?

Dave

Thank you Dave! :)

Blend (flower) photo with texture (lots of them freely available on Flickr) using layer masks and brushes in PSE11.

On the subject of PSE11 - I'm still debating whether it's worth upgrading to PSE13 (at a cost of A$99) Your thoughts?

Uschi

Start photo

DSC36732.JPG

My latest 'project'

20965277709_d2a27b0471_b.jpg

Iris mélodie africaine | African Iris melody by boeckli, on Flickr

On the subject of PSE11 - I'm still debating whether it's worth upgrading to PSE13 (at a cost of A$99) Your thoughts?

Since you're getting into working with pictures after the fact, $10/month will buy you a "Photographers" subscription to Adobe's creative cloud which includes Lightroom and Photoshop CC ($850 if purchased outright and all future updates and upgrades are included in the subscription). Photoshop has a steeper learning curve than Elements and while Lightroom is arguably is best combination of an organizer and editor out there, it too can be daunting at first. On the other hand, there's about a million hours of tutorials freely available on the web.

If you aren't ready to make the leap, PSE13 has a lot of new actions and wizards as well as some layer tools that have trickled down from the full Photoshop. It is a good package and the guided edits may actually be worth the price of the upgrade.

Be aware that Elements 13 no longer supports Windows XP, Vista or OSX 10.7 and earlier.

Dave

After stopping of in Rome for a whirlwind visit whilst on a cruise a couple of years ago, we decided to go back for longer visit.

A couple of samplers

Bramante stairs 1505. Vatican

Stairs%20VCM.jpg

Part of painting in the Vatican Museums, had to be part, loads of people around.

VCM%20Painting.jpg

One of many ceilings in St Peter's Basilica

StPCeiling.jpg

One of may arched ceilings, this towards an alter.

StPBasilca.jpg

Dickie

Edited by Jack_Tar

Maybe a more knowledgable bird lover than me can tell me what this is. I took it yesterday while seal watching on an excursion in Saguenay Fiord.

Looks like a juvenile seagull, it's similar to what we are surrounded by on the Sussex Coast in the UK

Dickie

Edited by Jack_Tar

If this looks familiar, it's because it appeared in the "I got out and used my camera today" thread. As it turned out, it was also my favorite of the week.

Open for Beesiness

p1456811317-5.jpg

Dave

Edited by pierces

Some really amazing shots during this period - a lot of travelers too - lovely shots of Montreal and Rome. Great artistic work with the flower art, love the B&W rock & branch image, and the bee and flower.

As usual, I got out and did some birding during the labor day weekend - with the mirrorless camera:

Young tricolor heron in flight over the wetlands:

original.jpg

Black-bellied whistling duck flying right by me, nice and close:

original.jpg

Roseated spoonbill in a tree:

original.jpg

And a couple with the big rig DSLR and 150-600mm lens:

Black-bellied whistling duck momma, proud of her huge brood of 15 ducklings:

original.jpg

A roseated spoonbill doing what he's named for - 'spooning' around in the waters for food, with a lovely reflection:

original.jpg