Retin-A. Can anyone confirm this is still available without a perscription?

watermelonqueen99

So I've been reading threads saying that antibiotics are no longer available in Coz without a script. Can any recent cruisers confirm they were able to buy Retin-A cream in Cozumel without a prescription? I bought 3 tubes in Belize last month and I'm hoping to stock up when we visit Cozumel in January. Thanks.

It was either $21 or $28 dollars for 3 tubes, can't quite remember. :)

Thanks so much! Just got a RX and went to pharmacy, it is $170 for one tube with insurance!! I definitely will get some in Belize in January!!

Edited by Level six

ok, quick question:

Can you take your prescription there and have it filled?

I bought the Retin A about 5 years ago and it was about 17 back then. It looks like it doubled but wondered how they work the prescription aspect of it when it comes from US.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the full scoop on this because my sister just researched it in preparation for our Jan 2016 cruise.

If you have searched earlier threads, you may have read about Bobbie who has a pharmacy above the Forum Shops (I think it was across from the Royal Caribbean terminal in the downtown area). Her email address was on this forum so my sister emailed her directly. First of all, they now have a new location:

<snip from email>

Nov 25, 2015

We have secured and are in the process of opening a new location. We are still on the waterfront, one block north of the original Forum Shops, where we used to be located. The address for our new store is Rafael Melgar between 6th and 8th Avenue. Our new store is right beside, Guido's restaurant. All the taxi drivers are familiar with this restaurant. We hope to be open December 1st.

We are in the process of having our website built (should have done it sooner!) so that we can let people know our new location. It will be http://www.cozumeldrugstore.com it should be completed and working in the next couple of weeks.

We are grateful to all our loyal customers that we have acquired over the years and hope to be up and running in our new location next week!

Thank you being such a valued customer,

Bobbie and Fernando Tellez

And in an earlier email from Sept 2016, she quoted these prices:

We have retin a 0.1% gel (in a green box) 40 gr tube for $25 usd. We also have retin A .05% 40 gram tube for $31 usd. We also have retin a generic, .05% , in a 40 gram tube that sells for $10 usd and we have a special of buy 2, get one free! That gives you three tubes for $20usd. This is my best seller, same quality, much lower price.

And if you want to contact Bobbie directly her email is ferbambam@yahoo.com

Hope this helps!

Denise

I have the full scoop on this because my sister just researched it in preparation for our Jan 2016 cruise.

If you have searched earlier threads, you may have read about Bobbie who has a pharmacy above the Forum Shops (I think it was across from the Royal Caribbean terminal in the downtown area). Her email address was on this forum so my sister emailed her directly. First of all, they now have a new location:

<snip from email>

Nov 25, 2015

We have secured and are in the process of opening a new location. We are still on the waterfront, one block north of the original Forum Shops, where we used to be located. The address for our new store is Rafael Melgar between 6th and 8th Avenue. Our new store is right beside, Guido's restaurant. All the taxi drivers are familiar with this restaurant. We hope to be open December 1st.

We are in the process of having our website built (should have done it sooner!) so that we can let people know our new location. It will be www.cozumeldrugstore.com it should be completed and working in the next couple of weeks.

We are grateful to all our loyal customers that we have acquired over the years and hope to be up and running in our new location next week!

We have retin a 0.1% gel (in a green box) 40 gr tube for $25 usd. We also have retin A .05% 40 gram tube for $31 usd. We also have retin a generic, .05% , in a 40 gram tube that sells for $10 usd and we have a special of buy 2, get one free! That gives you three tubes for $20usd. This is my best seller, same quality, much lower price.

Hope this helps!

Denise

Wow, thank you, this is very helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

I was there this past weekend and the shop across from the port was open and in business. I didn't buy any retin A but did see it for sale. They had your ED drugs and just about everything else.

Edited by PSU2LSU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

<snip from email>

Nov 25, 2015

We are in the process of having our website built (should have done it sooner!) so that we can let people know our new location. It will be http://www.cozumeldrugstore.com it should be completed and working in the next couple of weeks.

Hope this helps!

Denise

Bobbie is awesome and you will get great service from her. I bought Retin-A (and other things) from her in July. Probably the best pharmacy in Cozumel.

• 2 weeks later...