Paradise Bch or Mr Sancho

The forever cruiser

If you are comparing the PAYG side I would choose Paradise over Mr. Sanchos - larger, better facilities IMHO, and a HUGE pool. Similar beach and water toys. Paradise does charge a $3 admission/chair rental fee.

I haven't been to Mr. Sanchos, but I can tell you about Paradise Beach. It's huge, for one thing. There were four ships in port the day we were there and we didn't find it to be crowded at all. The pool is fantastic, the service is great.

There is a $3 charge and they ask you to spend $10 in food/drink. It's another $15 if you want to use the big inflatables, kayaks, etc.

• 1 month later...
What is the best mode of transportation to get to Paradise that seems like the best option for a pure beach day

Taxi, about $17+tip each way for up to 4 passengers in the cab (so pair up with others and save $$ for more margaritas :D). There will be a board with fares to popular tourist spots near the taxi line for your pier -- there are 3 cruise ship piers on Coz so be sure you remember which one to go back to . ;)

The All-inclusive side of Mr. Sanchos is very nice, but also costs about $50 per person. The PAYG side of Mr. Sanchos is very small.

If you want AI go with Mr. Sanchos; if you want PAYG, choose Paradise Beach.

Food/drinks/service at both are very similar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The All-inclusive side of Mr. Sanchos is very nice, but also costs about $50 per person. The PAYG side of Mr. Sanchos is very small.

If you want AI go with Mr. Sanchos; if you want PAYG, choose Paradise Beach.

Food/drinks/service at both are very similar.

We are not looking for all inclusive since we have that on the ship and don't want to pay extra for it for just a few hours. Thanks for all of the recommendations I think we are leaning towards Paradise Beach. Looks like a great pool, beach and water activities plus a few snacks and drinks. Sounds like a great day to me!

We did Mr. Sanchos Paygo in Jan 2014 and had a great time. There were four ships in port that day with about 9,000 people, didn't seem crowded at all. Had a great time. Mr. Sanchos tends to be more lively and party oriented. Our upcoming trip we decided to book at Nachi Cocom which costs the sames as Mr. Sanchos AI but they only take 100 people each day and advertise being more laid back and quiet.

I would look at the number of people on the island that day, not nessecarily the number of ships. 4 large ships can put a lot more people on the island than 6 small ones. Check cruiseTT. On average Cozumel has between 10 and 12 thousand people each day from the cruise ships. In Jan 2016 however they have several peak days with 20+ thousand people.

Its also a large island that is the most visited in the Caribbean, they are good at handling lots of people so unless you there on a 20k+ day, I wouldn't worry about the crowds and pick the resort that has the ammenities that are important to you.

We too were trying to decide which to go to. Anyone know if the AI menu is the same as the paygo that is shown on the Trip advisor listings? Also since we do not drink alcohol is there a cheaper rate. Can we prepay before we go as I hate surprises on a vacation and find that if you pay there you sometimes get a little overcharge when the bill gets to you. Really found this at Jamaica.

We too were trying to decide which to go to. Anyone know if the AI menu is the same as the paygo that is shown on the Trip advisor listings? Also since we do not drink alcohol is there a cheaper rate. Can we prepay before we go as I hate surprises on a vacation and find that if you pay there you sometimes get a little overcharge when the bill gets to you. Really found this at Jamaica.

Doesn't matter if you drink alcohol or not. The price is the same ( this is why wife and i don't go ) :(

I notice a lot of people say go to Sanchos if you want AI and Paradise if you want to pay as you go.

I would like more opinions on which one is actually nicer, cleaner, clearer water, friendly staff, better food....better experience.

We really couldn't care less if we save $5 by not doing AI or if we spend $8 more because we had an extra dessert and drink at PAYG. I dont want to spend my time worrying if I have saved every possible penny. (not that we never worry about funds but I dont see the possible $20-30 difference at this port making a huge difference)

So if there is anyone who sees this who has been to both, if they were both priced the same...then which would you pick?

All of the popular beach clubs, including Mr. Sanchos and PB are located on the same side of the island and are lined up next to each other - so the sand and water quality will be similar at all of them. We've been to both and have good food, drinks & service. IMHO the facilities and pool are nicer at PB.

Many choose an AI club like Mr. S because they do not want to worry about everything they order - pay $50 or so up front and order everything you want.

If you do not drink, or do not plan to eat much many choose a PAYG beach club like Paradise Beach. Admission is only $3 so it is also a great spot if you only want a couple of hours at the beach instead of all day.

Both offer water toys and other options for extra fees.

The difference between the two is largely in amenities - what do you want, how long will you stay, and what are you willing to pay for? Choose accordingly - you'll likely have a great time at either spot.