Cab from Galveston to Houston

Slowboat2

Could anyone tell me how much the taxi cab fare from Galveston to Hobby Airport in Houston would cost. Has anyone ever done this. I am wondering

if we didn't get of the ship in time to take the 10:00AM shuttle, we could take a taxi cab. Thanks for any help.

I live close to Galveston and do not use the taxi services but you can call them and ask their rates. Hobby it's about 45 miles from the cruise terminal. The 26 miles posted above is to Houston city limits. You can also check on the cost of a private shuttle service. I don't know what time your flight is scheduled but when you furnish that information to the cruise line they try to let the people with early flights off first. You can also keep your luggage and do a walk off if your luggage is on wheels and you can manage it. They let walk-offs go as soon as the ship clears customs.

hobby Shuttles-

Airport Shuttle America (counter not manned) 281-530-6660

Texans Shuttle (counter not manned) 713-781-6660

Galveston Limousine 800-640-4826 They were the only one that had their rates posted for Hobby to Galveston @ $35pp oneway or $60pp round trip. Counter not manned but it appeared that they may have just stepped away.

Clearlake Shuttle (no counter just a phone number.) 281-333-3873

Houston Professional Airport Shuttle (no counter just a phone number) 713-988-5126

Super Shuttle (This was the only manned counter during my short time in the baggage claim area.) She said they had a flat rate from Hobby to Galveston of $100 each way but this could be for 1 or more people. That's what she said but you better confirm this and get it in writing. 800-258-3886

Could anyone tell me how much the taxi cab fare from Galveston to Hobby Airport in Houston would cost. Has anyone ever done this. I am wondering

if we didn't get of the ship in time to take the 10:00AM shuttle, we could take a taxi cab. Thanks for any help.

Hi Bob:cool:

We paid $86 for a taxi (mini-van) from Hobby to Galveston's Holiday Inn Sunspree this past February . . . . it was Sunday evening about 10 pm so there was no traffic to contend with. If you can recruit a couple of extra people to share a van with you, you could save some bucks.

FYI, when we got off the ship, we did not have return transportation booked since our flight was not until the next day and we were hoping to book the Carnival excursion to the Space Centre. Unfortunately, those were no longer offered. Instead, we were "walk-ups" to get on a Galveston Limosine Shuttle curbside. We were allowed to board their second shuttle that came along, and paid cash to the driver. :)

We took yellow cab from the pier in Galveston to Hobby in January. Cabs charge a flat rate of $85 (plus tip) and are lined up at the pier. It was worth a little extra $ as we had an early flight and didn't want to deal with the cruise line bus shuttle.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...