Is there a P&O shuttle in Venice

LUCKYBLACKCAT

Can anyone tell me if there is a P&O shuttle in Venice please, and what it costs?

Thanks

Not any more, you have to either make your own way in via vaparetto or buy a ticket for the port provided shuttle launch from the port to near St Marks, I think it costs about 15 euros return.

Serious?! Please can you tell me where you heard this! I was told there is a coach that takes you from Marco Polo to Venice?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on this cruise in May. Coach will pick you up from airport direct to ship. No need to collect luggage, it will be delivered to your cabin. Transfer took about 20 minutes and straight on board after check in at port.

The P&O site has the following info for Venice :

From the berth (Stazione Marittima), Water shuttleswill run to St Marks Square - this is a a charged for service and information regarding this service will be provided to you onboard a few days before the call. For full time wheelchair users a shuttle bus will operate from the ship to the Vaparetto station.

all port shuttle info can be found at https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/on-shore/Port_Shuttle_Info

Serious?! Please can you tell me where you heard this! I was told there is a coach that takes you from Marco Polo to Venice?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry I was talking about ships that are visiting Venice, not those that start or finish their cruises there. The OP wasn't clear on what the question related to. :)

I was in Venice in late June on Aurora. There was a P&O waterbus shuttle from the ship to St Marks square which cost £15. The shuttle does not go down the Grand canal but goes the same route as the ships use down the Giudecca canal.

Personally, I prefer to buy a 12 hour ticket for the vaporettos, which costs €18 and gives you unlimited travel anywhere in Venice and the islands.

Brian

There seems to be confusion with this question.

Are you asking about fly cruises that start/end in Venice (to get from the airport to the ship), this will be provided by p and o free of charge

Or a shuttle from where the ship docks in Venice to St Marks square. If the latter, replies as above.

We were in Venice in July and we walked from the ship to St Mark's Square. It took no more than 10 mins to walk from the ship into Piazzale Roma (where that People Mover takes you). It was sign posted very well and we seemed to arrive in Piazzale Roma at the same time as passengers who caught the People Mover. It then took a further 30 mins to walk to St Mark's Square. The walk was worthwhile as all the way there was a selection of shops, bars and cafes and the prices were much cheaper than on The Grand Canal. If you are able to walk medium distances it is worth doing the walk:)

The P&O site has the following info for Venice :

From the berth (Stazione Marittima), Water shuttleswill run to St Marks Square - this is a a charged for service and information regarding this service will be provided to you onboard a few days before the call. For full time wheelchair users a shuttle bus will operate from the ship to the Vaparetto station.

all port shuttle info can be found at https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/on-shore/Port_Shuttle_Info

I was able to use this free shuttle in Venice when I had limited mobility following an accident. The bus took us both to the Tronchetto stop where the commuters come into Venice. It was supposed to be easy there to get from the quayside onto the vaporetto in a wheelchair.....but not that easy. The P&O shuttle is a good option because you can go up and down to St Mark's as often as you like and it's much faster than the vaporetto.