Local Food Recommendation, Please!

Ms411

My favorite restaurant near the ships is Pier 69 in strand square, awesome food and great people! I eat there at least once a week, if you're lucky you'll land on rib day. Dennis (Chef and owner) smokes his ribs all day and they fall off the bone.

If you want to eat on the beach check out Teres Veho/Freedom City Surf Shop just down the beach from the fort. They do great beach food (Try the shrimp tacos!!) and awesome drinks on a beautiful deck over the sand.

Rum Runner is our favorite! :D

The chef, Lance, is especially good at working with fresh local seafood.

LuLu

Rum Runner is delicious! If I'm going to go to the far end of the world I prefer Angry Nate's but to each their own. :)

Food that I usually can't get in the States. Rum Runners has Cobb salad on the menu as well as other State side staples. For me one of the fun things of traveling is trying new foods.

I don't order ribs out, because been disappointed too many times.

Food that I usually can't get in the States. Rum Runners has Cobb salad on the menu as well as other State side staples. For me one of the fun things of traveling is trying new foods.

I don't order ribs out, because been disappointed too many times.

Ah I see, that's a shame about the ribs. Just a heads up, every restaurant is going to offer stateside staples because they have to sell something to the less adventurous.

The only "Unusual" things we eat locally are roti and breadfruit tostones. Villa Morales in estate Whim (just east of Frederiksted) does awesome tostones and goat stew but they are closed on sundays and I don't know when your ship is coming. The Roti truck is parked across from kmart west (keep going east on centerline road past Whim) and they make great stuff.

Blue Moon on the Frederiksted waterfront has an awesome mix of local and cajun food. It's a little pricey for me but you'll probably enjoy it.