FLL or close to that area...

buckeye12

Looking for a hotel that has at least airport shuttle from FLL and close to the beach...is that even possible? Would be nice if it had a complimentary breakfast too..thanks in advance..

Looking for a hotel that has at least airport shuttle from FLL and close to the beach...is that even possible? Would be nice if it had a complimentary breakfast too..thanks in advance..

I don't know of any 'close to' beach front hotels with shuttles (most of the hotels with shuttles are near the airport or the 17th Street (near the cruise port) areas. You can start by looking at http://www.sunny.org; it has a list of hotels with shuttles. Also, taxis are inexpensive in Fort Lauderdale and the airport and cruise port are within sight of each other. As far as complimentary breakfast goes, Fort Lauderdale has all the hotel brands that offer that.

If you want recommendations from folks here, it helps to tell us when you are traveling, how many people, and your budget.

Edited by capriccio

You are limiting yourself when asking for free shuttles. And the hotels that do as stated are nearer the airport so you'd need a cab to the beach.

Know this...the airport to the beach hotels and port isn't that far...figure only a $15 cab ride. 15 min. or so.

There is little to do near the airport. So unless you are coming in late and not looking for something to do like beach, I'd head into town for the night.

Depending on the date, I'd start with valuetrips.com, for the deal they offer on Hyatt Place convention center which is off the very popular 17th St. Walking distance to stores, restaurants and you can pick up the sun trolley to the nearby beach. They DO offer shuttle from the airport and a breakfast. Seems it would meet your criteria. Popular dates however can be blacked out.

Scan this board for other ideas.

I've stayed at the Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport (it's address is in Dania Beach) which has a free airport shuttle and walked to the beach. But it wasn't a short walk. 1.3 miles according to Google Maps.

I was out for a walk and just ended up there. I wasn't specifically going to the beach. Sidewalks the whole way though. Just go straight down Sheridan St. until you get there. You can't get lost.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn is the only chain hotel in the beach area that has complimentary breakfast buffet. Some of the small hotels like Alhambra have complimentary continental breakfast. Just figure $20 for a taxi from FLL airport and to port.

Rodeway Inn & Quality Inn in FLL has free parking, and free shuttle. Haven't stayed there so I can't offer anything on the quality.

It is nowhere close to the beach and is a pretty lousy motel.

They do offer day rooms however.