Is Best Western of Long Beach decent?

Just to clarify, this is the one located at 1725 Long Beach Blvd. Can anyone tell me if this hotel and location is decent? I don't want to spend $300+ just for a place to rest our heads the night before our cruise. Also, does it provide a shuttle to the Carnival port?

Just to clarify, this is the one located at 1725 Long Beach Blvd. Can anyone tell me if this hotel and location is decent? I don't want to spend $300+ just for a place to rest our heads the night before our cruise. Also, does it provide a shuttle to the Carnival port?

IMHO....NO...

The neighborhood is NOT very nice...

I've long published my list of where to stay in Long Beach...and there are reasons for it...

Long Beach is a BIG city...population over half a million. There are some very nice areas and some very BAD areas...like most any other city of its size. The true "Convention Center" area--the area near the Aquarium, the Pike, Shoreline Village et al--is very nice...You can walk around, you've got a free shuttle around the immediate area and to the Queen Mary. You've got lots of nice restaurant choices, etc. The area where that Best Western is located is sort of scuzzy...You won't want to walk nearby and won't want to leave the hotel at night...OF course, there is nothing to do nearby, so it won't matter.

And, you don't have to pay $300. Try Priceline or Hotwire. Try asking for the Carnival code at the Maya Doubletree. If all else fails, before I would stay at that best western, I would go to the other side of Long Beach--to the Current or the Golden Sails--and, at least, those are in decent neighborhoods even if not particularly convenient to the pier...and, ask to be certain, but I believe they may have shuttles to the pier...

Try asking for the Carnival code at the Maya Doubletree.

Thank you! I did read your list and checked all of them, but really hoped for a lower cost option. I asked the Maya hotel directly if they had any special rates for Carnival cruisers, and was told no. I did see some post a corporate and another type of code on here, which do work, but I was concerned they would question me upon arrival and end up charging us full rate. What do you know about this?

I stayed there. It's not the best neighborhood, but not the worst. I felt safe enough, and it was just my teen daughter and myself. I wouldn't walk around the area. The breakfast was nice and the rooms were clean albeit pretty basic. If you are leaving a car there, the parking is in an underground garage. Would I stay there again? Sure.

I should also clarify there are six of us, so we have to get two rooms, which is why it will cost us so much more.

We are staying at that Best Western. Have spent a fortune on this upcoming cruise, so tried to save a few dollars. The price was $112.00 before taxes. Looked yesterday and the price jumped to $139.00. The Golden Sails was $121.00, Hotel Current was $125.00. Our night before will only be a trip to Shoreline Village for something to eat and back to the hotel. BW Downtown provides a shuttle to the port, dont know about Golden Sails, or Hotel Current.

have you tried VRBO or AirBNB for a 2 or 3 bedroom place? I don't know if they do one night only but you may find renting 2 nights cheaper than 2 hotel room nights.

We just stayed at Hotel Maya a few weeks back using the code on here and had zero problems. My opinion other than the view this hotel is overrated but it sure was nice being so close in the morning when we went to get on the ship. We've also previously stayed at the BW and felt totally safe there but we don't venture too far out in unfamiliar neighborhoods on foot anywhere.

We just stayed at Hotel Maya a few weeks back using the code on here and had zero problems. My opinion other than the view this hotel is overrated but it sure was nice being so close in the morning when we went to get on the ship. We've also previously stayed at the BW and felt totally safe there but we don't venture too far out in unfamiliar neighborhoods on foot anywhere.

What code did you use? I've seen a couple, but have been so nervous about trying it. I would love to be close, but it's hard to justify the cost.

have you tried VRBO or AirBNB for a 2 or 3 bedroom place? I don't know if they do one night only but you may find renting 2 nights cheaper than 2 hotel room nights.

I have, and it's not any better than hotel pricing, and we only need one nights stay.

Best Western Golden Sails has a park n cruise package with a shuttle.

You might also try the Pacific Inn @ Seal Beach. Both of those are farther out, but are decent hotels.

We are flying in, so no parking needed. I tried contacting them(Golden Sails) about a pre-cruise price without parking and they never responded.

What code did you use? I've seen a couple, but have been so nervous about trying it. I would love to be close, but it's hard to justify the cost.

We used this one 0560018220 and it worked no problem. If I was paying full price I know there is definitely nicer options in the area but that's just my opinion. Like i said the view was definitely great!