Specialty dining questions

maraze

Cruising the Epic Western Mediterranean in July, just had a few questions:

1. Is the Cirque show with dinner covered by the specialty dining package?

2. How do a la carte restaurants work under the specialty dining package?

3. We have a 3 night specialty dining package, the only restaurants we are really interested in are Cagney's and Le Bistro. Not sure which one to book twice, so we were thinking to try both in the beginning and decide where to go for our final night. Can anyone tell me which one tends to have more vacancies, so I can book the other one?

Thanks.

Cruising the Epic Western Mediterranean in July, just had a few questions:

1. Is the Cirque show with dinner covered by the specialty dining package?

2. How do a la carte restaurants work under the specialty dining package?

3. We have a 3 night specialty dining package, the only restaurants we are really interested in are Cagney's and Le Bistro. Not sure which one to book twice, so we were thinking to try both in the beginning and decide where to go for our final night. Can anyone tell me which one tends to have more vacancies, so I can book the other one?

Thanks.

Don't wait too long because there are very few vacancies on the last few nights since everyone is trying to use their SDP credits.Best advice is to book Cagney's in advance and switch later. Or make your 3rd dinner the Cirque show for the upcharge.

1) https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

2) https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

3) Probably close to equal. Flip a coin. Cagney's holds 170, Le Bistro holds 126. I'd book Le Bistro and bet on Cagney's having an opening. But who really knows? Or book both, and cancel one once on board.

I went to the NCL link posted and read something that I'd like some clarification on: "Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro."

And are you even allowed to make two bookings then cancel one?

Thanks.

You can make as many bookings as you like. If you book an a la carte restaurant prior to boarding, you will not be charged because they don't know much you will spend. On the other hand, if you book a fixed-price restaurant, you have to pay when you make the booking. Both Cagney's and LeBistro are a la carte, so you should be fine. Just be nice and cancel the one you won't be using as soon as you know to free up that spot for someone else.

I went to the NCL link posted and read something that I'd like some clarification on: "Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro."

Basically, if you use a dining package at Cagney's and/or LeBistro, you are allowed to order only 1 entrée (as opposed to the MDRs where you can order the entire left side of the menu if you choose). If you just cannot decide between 2 entrées, you can order both, but you will be charged the menu price for the second one; the first entrée will be covered under the dining package along with your appetizers and dessert.

Have heard really good things about LeBistro but we just liked the menu better for cagneys. Just ate there twice on Dawn.

We had all our reservations done ahead of time. Once on board we changed times and cancelled LeBistro for third night in Los Lobas. We did have concierge so it was easy.