$8 Towards Alcoholic Drinks?

sakigemcam

We just booked our first X cruise after several Royals (I do like the really big ships but the food....meh) and our package comes with $8 towards spirits, cocktails and frozen drinks, and $9 towards wine. My daily fruity cocktail on Royal was at least $10 plus gratuity. This seems odd to me. I can't imagine my pomegranate mojito would be only $8 on Celebrity.

We got a great deal through our agent, who books us on land trips also, so booked early for March 2018!

Any insights? Thank you!

We just booked our first X cruise after several Royals (I do like the really big ships but the food....meh) and our package comes with $8 towards spirits, cocktails and frozen drinks, and $9 towards wine. My daily fruity cocktail on Royal was at least $10 plus gratuity. This seems odd to me. I can't imagine my pomegranate mojito would be only $8 on Celebrity.

We got a great deal through our agent, who books us on land trips also, so booked early for March 2018!

Any insights? Thank you!

It's more likely you have a package and there's drinks available in all levels or you can upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You have the classic package free with booking, and yes, I've found celebrities drinks to generally be lower than other lines. That being said, it used to be that you could not pay overages with the classic package (so a $7.75 drink is free, a $8.25 drink is $8.25). But it's been reported recently that they are now allowing you to pay the overages (so a $8.25 drink would be $0.25).

At this point I think it will be wait and see on which policy will be in effect in 2018. Either way, it's always been the case that you can upgrade your package for $11.80 a day if you prefer the premium package, believes it covers everything up to $13 a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have the classic package free with booking, and yes, I've found celebrities drinks to generally be lower than other lines. That being said, it used to be that you could not pay overages with the classic package (so a $7.75 drink is free, a $8.25 drink is $8.25). But it's been reported recently that they are now allowing you to pay the overages (so a $8.25 drink would be $0.25).

At this point I think it will be wait and see on which policy will be in effect in 2018. Either way, it's always been the case that you can upgrade your package for $11.80 a day if you prefer the premium package, believes it covers everything up to $13 a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Classic package now includes drinks up to $9 and just the difference plus 18% for drinks over $9