car rental shuttle mia

doug419

• 2 weeks later...
Unless something has changed and not been reported on this board, National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free shuttles between MIA and POM.

I am doing just the opposite. Renting a car from National after disembarkation for one day and flying home the next day out of MIA. Talked to a National rep today on the phone to verify that they offer a shuttle from MIA to POM and in my case POM to MIA. She said they DON'T!!

I told her I've read on here and Trip Advisor that they share a shuttle bus that goes from MIA to POM with Alamo. She said that my "3rd party" sources must be incorrect.

I don't believe her, as I've read on here too many times posters stating it is so. I'm going to try to call the local Miami National offices tomorrow, not the toll free call center number and get more information. May even call Alamo, since they share the shuttle.

If I have to taxi back to MIA to pick up a rental car, she said I could pick it up at Collins Avenue but then I'd have to return it there, is it the same flat rate of $27 from POM to MIA as it is from MIA to POM?

Why not use a downtown location and a cab for the driver who picks up/delivers the car? Under 5 minutes, no hot shared shuttle packed with people? It sure isn't the cost of the short cab ride right? Saves a lot of time too.

Sixt has a great (and less crowded) downtown location. Hidden gem. :D

I am doing just the opposite. Renting a car from National after disembarkation for one day and flying home the next day out of MIA. Talked to a National rep today on the phone to verify that they offer a shuttle from MIA to POM and in my case POM to MIA. She said they DON'T!!

I told her I've read on here and Trip Advisor that they share a shuttle bus that goes from MIA to POM with Alamo. She said that my "3rd party" sources must be incorrect.

I don't believe her, as I've read on here too many times posters stating it is so. I'm going to try to call the local Miami National offices tomorrow, not the toll free call center number and get more information. May even call Alamo, since they share the shuttle.

If I have to taxi back to MIA to pick up a rental car, she said I could pick it up at Collins Avenue but then I'd have to return it there, is it the same flat rate of $27 from POM to MIA as it is from MIA to POM?

Asked and answered by a rep at the actual MIA location.

They DO have a free shuttle back to MIA from POM and it is free as long as you have your reservation to show as a boarding pass.

YES!!:p