Two day plan Istanbul

We arrive at 1pm on Monday and leave the next Tuesday at 8pm. To visit Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque Topkapi and Harems, and the Grand Bazaar; what order do you recommend doing them, as I know some are closed certain days?

Thanks

You'll need to do Topkapi on Monday (it's closed on Tuesdays).

Similarly Haghia Sofia is closed on Monday, so it will need to be on your Tuesday agenda.

I'd suggest doing Topkapi first (including the Harem), then if it is still light and the line isn't long, visit the Blue Mosque.

Next day, start with Haghia Sophia, then take a few minutes out to visit the nearby Basilica Cistern. Have lunch somewhere in the vicinity. Then go to the Grand Bazaar.

Iluvcruising2's itinerary looks pretty good!

The Topkapi Palace (and the Harem) is closed on Tuesday, so you should plan to do that as soon as you arrive. Hagia Sophia is closed on Monday, so you have to come back the next day for that. Everything else in that neighborhood (Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Basilica Cistern, etc.) you can squeeze in either day. For the bazaars (Grand Bazaar and Spice Market), it depends how much time you want to spend there, if you plan to buy stuff (in which case you should schedule your visits for the end of the day, so you can go right back to the ship with your purchases instead of lugging them around all day).

I want to look around and get a few items from the Bazaar so I'll add it to our end of day itinerary. Does anyone know when the Bazaar closes?

Iluvcruises2

I have been enjoying your videos! We are doing the Jade as well so I am doing a lot of the same things.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I want to look around and get a few items from the Bazaar so I'll add it to our end of day itinerary. Does anyone know when the Bazaar closes?

Iluvcruises2

I have been enjoying your videos! We are doing the Jade as well so I am doing a lot of the same things.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Glad you found the videos useful. Have a great cruise. The Jade is a very good ship.

You'll need to do Topkapi on Monday (it's closed on Tuesdays).

Similarly Haghia Sofia is closed on Monday, so it will need to be on your Tuesday agenda.

I'd suggest doing Topkapi first (including the Harem), then if it is still light and the line isn't long, visit the Blue Mosque.

Next day, start with Haghia Sophia, then take a few minutes out to visit the nearby Basilica Cistern. Have lunch somewhere in the vicinity. Then go to the Grand Bazaar.

Also, visit the Hippodrome (Constantinople's Circus Maximus) and the Blue Mosque.

I hope you plan on going into the harem in the Topkapi Palace - that was the highlight to me. If time gets short, you would not have to go to the Grand Bazar - there is shopping everywhere! all along as you head back to the ship. IMO the Grand Bazar is a bit overwhelming and also, be aware you can get quite turned around / lost! as you wander and exit the bazar. Rick Steves has a backstreets walk in his Istanbul guide that takes you thru the maze of alleys near the spice market - I have never seen such a quantity of stuff as in those back streets. Enjoy you visit - it's a great city!

• 2 weeks later...