Quen Elizabeth to start Gallipoli Poppy Wall in Auckland

I would think so, but as Gallipoli is mainly a Aus/NZ thing it is likely to mainly get contributions while in our waters.:D

well only 4 hours later heres what it looks like....I dont think there is much room for the Ozzies to put any poppies on, the front and back are both chocka!

Maybe they'll discretely remove some so there is room??? mmmmmm

Anyway great response. After the ship departs tonight The "100" will reappear in Sydney then go onto Gallipoli.

100.jpg.310cd4c310ba165e61d33f456d927f64.jpg

174108993_qe.jpg.2103da4382a1ebd6071a28935dcfef4f.jpg

Thank you for the photos and the updates. Its getting a lot of media coverage which should ensure the wall grows and grows throughout the day. I believe some of the RSA's (RSL in AU) have been making poppies and will be taking them down as well.

You must have been up real early Roscoe:D Great shots:)

no earlier than you Kiwi Kruizer! I think you've hit the docks pretty early in the past. She docked at 6 and had a great view of her sailing up the harbour from 5.30.

well only 4 hours later heres what it looks like....I dont think there is much room for the Ozzies to put any poppies on, the front and back are both chocka!

Maybe they'll discretely remove some so there is room??? mmmmmm

Anyway great response. After the ship departs tonight The "100" will reappear in Sydney then go onto Gallipoli.

Fantastic, still plenty of room to squeeze more in.:D Thanks for the update.

Fantastic, still plenty of room to squeeze more in.:D Thanks for the update.

you better hurry...im putting another on there when I go down to wave her off...can't let you ozzies think us kiwis are forgetting the cobbers and diggers...

Maybe they should order another '100' or an 'ANZAC'.

hoping you can report once it gets to Sydney and let us know how they managed it...i think they might take some off perhaps...but the ANZAC addition is a pretty good one....

been a great day on the docks hope the visitors enjoyed it.

hoping you can report once it gets to Sydney and let us know how they managed it...i think they might take some off perhaps...but the ANZAC addition is a pretty good one....

been a great day on the docks hope the visitors enjoyed it.

Yes, I am not in Sydney, but there are a few shutterbugs around that may catch a pic or two for us.:D

Well done K one's W one's.

Though I hope they've got something for the Aussies to fill.

shes gone, and unfortunately I didn't get there early enough to take a last pic but the news on tv has been full of it. Great publicity and helps bring awareness....especially relevant in these times.......

qeab.jpg.720abca2c28d15d5d756deab2a8cfe56.jpg

see you next time....sigh...

shes gone, and unfortunately I didn't get there early enough to take a last pic but the news on tv has been full of it. Great publicity and helps bring awareness....especially relevant in these times.......

[ATTACH]341669[/ATTACH]

see you next time....sigh...

I'm not in Sydney which may have something to do with it, but I've heard nothing here, I hope they've been dong something to get people to take Poppies down to OPT to add.

I'm not in Sydney which may have something to do with it, but I've heard nothing here, I hope they've been dong something to get people to take Poppies down to OPT to add.

Im sure they will do something closer to the ship arriving in Sydney. It is too good a marketing opportunity not to.

just in case you are interested...

a fluff video piece on Campbell live, this was in addition to a news item earlier..

http://www.3news.co.nz/tvshows/campbelllive/kiwi-couple-aboard-anzac-cruise-to-gallipoli-2015022719#axzz3SvlD614p

and from the national newspaper..

http://events.nzherald.co.nz/2015/cunards-queen-elizabeth-anzac-voyage/auckland

Im sure they will do something closer to the ship arriving in Sydney. It is too good a marketing opportunity not to.

just in case you are interested...

a fluff video piece on Campbell live, this was in addition to a news item earlier..

http://www.3news.co.nz/tvshows/campbelllive/kiwi-couple-aboard-anzac-cruise-to-gallipoli-2015022719#axzz3SvlD614p

and from the national newspaper..

http://events.nzherald.co.nz/2015/cunards-queen-elizabeth-anzac-voyage/auckland

Thanks for those links, really hope they plug it in Syd.

They have the '100' in Sydney. Saw it on TV and it looks like they started with it clean again - maybe, hopefully, a second one. It would be awful for those who put their poppies on the Auckland one to have them removed.

Hoping to get in to see it tomorrow.

They have the '100' in Sydney. Saw it on TV and it looks like they started with it clean again - maybe, hopefully, a second one. It would be awful for those who put their poppies on the Auckland one to have them removed.

Hoping to get in to see it tomorrow.

Agree with that, sure hope there are two.