hotel help

buckeye12

I've been trying to figure out hotel arrangements for a while now. We have a group of 20 so we will need several rooms at least 5. I have narrowed it down to a few hotels but with me not really knowing the area, never cruised out of there or even been there. So ANY input on these hotels would be greatly appreciated. Embassy Suites, Gallery One (Double Tree) Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Regency and Lago Mar. or any other recommendations I have been through sunny.org several times in the last few days :)

Thanks in Advance

Tiffany

When will you cruise and how many nights in the hotel? :confused:

Budget? :confused:

Arriving in the afternoon and cruising the next day? :confused: We (and lots of other cruisers) like the Embassy Suites - big rooms, nice pool, great breakfast, lots of dining and shopping options close by and free happy hour! :D Cab from FLL is about $13-15 and a cab to the port the next day is usually under $10.

Book something now that you can cancel if you find something better.

The Doubletree Gallery One has bedrooms with 2 double beds and a separate living room with a sofa bed. Also has a small kitchen.

Your budget should be fine - you are almost a month after Easter but before schools get out so prices and availability should be good. I would call the hotels you are interested in directly - not the 1-800 reservation number - to ask about group rates/discounts.

As mentioned above, book something soon that you can live with and then keep shopping. You may find a last minute deal when one of the hotels sees lots of inventory and offers a sale. Good luck! :)

sorry staying two nights..april 22-24 2016 and would like to keep it under $350 a night preferably. And if I book now do rates usually go up or down as time gets closer?

I would go with the Doubletree just because it is both near the beach, on the water taxi route, and within walking distance of a lot of good dining and shopping.

If you want to be on the beach, go with the Lago Mar. It's spectacular.

I'm kind of in a similar situation as Tiffany, have been considering the Comfort Suites on Federal Hwy mostly because of shuttle from airport, free breakfast, shuttle to cruise port. Appreciate the recommendations given above, just wondering thoughts on the Comfort Suites there?

I would go with the Doubletree just because it is both near the beach, on the water taxi route, and within walking distance of a lot of good dining and shopping.

If you want to be on the beach, go with the Lago Mar. It's spectacular.

For a large group for two nights, looking at your list I totally agree with this hotel. Just hits all the boxes for getting around and being near the beach.

Altho the Lago Mar is a beautiful spot right on the beach, it is set back in a quiet neighborhood. If you want to see the city and visit restaurants, stores etc, you definitely will need cabs to leave the property.