Bernards or do it on our own? Advice needed

wendyb43

Hello

I've heard great things about Bernards and have no doubt that it would be a great day. However, I've also been to Maho on my own (male friend and son) but this time am travelling with just my teenage daughter.

I'd like to go to Marigot to check out Sarafina's and then go to Maho and maybe end up at the beach by the cruise ship pier later in the day.

Can anyone make a recommendation about whether Bernard's tour would be more fun or just the do it ourselves day. I'd really appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Thanks

We're booked with Bernard's for the same reasons you listed. Would like to go to Marigot and stop at Sarafina's and also Maho. We're not familiar enough with St Maarten/St Martin to do it on our own.

Hello

I've heard great things about Bernards and have no doubt that it would be a great day. However, I've also been to Maho on my own (male friend and son) but this time am travelling with just my teenage daughter.

I'd like to go to Marigot to check out Sarafina's and then go to Maho and maybe end up at the beach by the cruise ship pier later in the day.

Can anyone make a recommendation about whether Bernard's tour would be more fun or just the do it ourselves day. I'd really appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Thanks

I would taxi to the places that you mentioned. I would not swim or recommend swimming in the town beach though as it has ongoing documented pollution issues.

I would taxi to the places that you mentioned. I would not swim or recommend swimming in the town beach though as it has ongoing documented pollution issues.

You could take the town bus to Marigot for 2$ ppJust make sure you ask where to get off. in Marigot you can go to the Marketplace, Serafinas and even climb Fort St Louis for magnificent views. Your daughter will love the Yves Rocher French cosmetic store in the town. we returned by bus about 1 pm back to Phillipsburg but I believe you can take the bus to Maho. if not taxi it there. coming back from Maho you want to taxi back port. I loved Bernard's tour but his time we wanted to focus on Marigot.

Hi, Glad they worked out for you.

Did you reserve ahead or just find them on the pier?

Did you take Tour #1 or Tour #2?

You would need to reserve in advance. The only difference between Tour 1 and Tour 2 is that Tour 2 gives you approx. 2 hours on Orient Beach. Both tours go to Marigot and Maho Beach.