Diamond Plus Discount Question

No. Those are the terms and conditions for that sale. They can't go changing things around.

Don't try to excuse CSRs who don't know what they're talking about.

I have no interest in excusing CSR's who do not know what they are doing. Drives me nuts when I experience that.

I'm simply trying to say that not only does the sale have conditions, but the balcony discount also has terms and conditions. Because of that fine print, the bean counters may well have the right to place a restriction on combining D+ discount with some very low sale prices; if the bean counters do so, even the sharpest CSR may not be able to add the discount.

I think it would be a very bad idea for them to place such restrictions on the balcony discount, but they probably can make that decision if they wish. Not like it would be the first bad idea...

Agree...I just was criticized on another post for doing this exact same thing..calling back to question what was an obvious price reduction on my booked cruise...Luckily I was right to persist and saved $537.00.

Ha! As long as I'm not doing anything illegal or immoral, I couldn't care less if someone cares to criticize me while I'm saving $537.00! :cool:

I have no interest in excusing CSR's who do not know what they are doing. Drives me nuts when I experience that.

I'm simply trying to say that not only does the sale have conditions, but the balcony discount also has terms and conditions. Because of that fine print, the bean counters may well have the right to place a restriction on combining D+ discount with some very low sale prices; if the bean counters do so, even the sharpest CSR may not be able to add the discount.

I think it would be a very bad idea for them to place such restrictions on the balcony discount, but they probably can make that decision if they wish. Not like it would be the first bad idea...

When someone has a pricing issue, I usually try to book myself to see what they could be doing wrong. I tried booking several balconies on the ggg using my C&A D+ discount. All of them went through, and I was using the cheapest balconies I could find. I think one was $349. All of them showed the C&A discount. One even showed the C&A discount along with a BOGOHO, which surprised me.

Possibly the rep was newer, and she knew that *some things* were not combinable. Maybe she thought no other discounts applied, including C&A. I don't know. But if the OP was simply looking for a C&A discount with her ggg, she should get it.

You can't change T&C at your whim. And on every ggg page, it says that C&A benefits are allowed.

If there is another discount going on, resident, senior, etc, it might be cheaper than the C&A, in which case *that* discount should override, according to their new system. But if she is just looking to get a C&A discount on the ggg price, she should have gotten it.

It is possible that the rep just explained her options poorly, but that is no excuse. If you can't communicate properly, you shouldn't be advising people in any capacity.