Diamond Plus Discount Question

This question may have been asked before, and if so I apologize in advance...

Can the Diamond Plus discount be combined with the going, going, gone sale?

Thanks,

Barb

Never used it on one of those, but have used it on several BOGOHO bookings. Best thing to do is call C&A and ask.

This question may have been asked before, and if so I apologize in advance...

Can the Diamond Plus discount be combined with the going, going, gone sale?

Thanks,

Barb

It worked for us just this week!

When I price cruises without logging in, I see some of the sale prices. When I log in, I see more (and better) sale prices. Also when I am logged in, my C&A balcony discount is already subtracted from the sale price where applicable. So, the prices look really tempting when one logs in:D

Yes it can, I booked one last night. My TA had to talked to a supervisor at RCCL because the RCCL agent said I couldn't use my D+ or my next cruise booking as the going, going, gone sale was only for new bookings and a next cruise open booking is not new (made no sense to me). So anyways, after she talked to a supervisor I was able get both next cruise booking and the D+ balcony discount.

Why does RC make it so difficult for its loyal cruisers to get the discounts they have earned?????

Barb

Bottom line -- revenue. Good for you to question what they are telling you. How many people just accept whatever they are told, and many times end up paying a higher price? JMO

Edited by travelgoddess1

Bottom line -- revenue. Good for you to question what they are telling you. How many people just accept whatever they are told, and many times end up paying a higher price? JMO

Agree...I just was criticized on another post for doing this exact same thing..calling back to question what was an obvious price reduction on my booked cruise...Luckily I was right to persist and saved $537.00.

I was told last night that since the price of this particular balcony was so low, RC was not allowing the use of the diamond plus discount.

If it was on the ggg sale, (the old Tuesday sale?) it should get the discount.

That the price 'was so low' isn't grounds for denying the discount.

I'd call back again.

I'm looking at a D1 on the 12/11/14 sailing on the Brilliance and logged in I don't see the Diamond discount. But I do on a D2. Will have to call about that.

I just did it and saw the C&A discount and the bogoho.

Stateroom Stateroom Total $774.20 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $506.00 $506.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $70.60 $70.60

Discount: ($125.00) ($254.00)

Per Person Total: $451.60 $322.60

(that was a D+ discount)

Edited by marci22

I just did it and saw the C&A discount and the bogoho.

Stateroom Stateroom Total $774.20 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Discount: ($125.00) ($254.00)

Per Person Total: $451.60 $322.60

(that was a D+ discount)

If you try it with Military checked and FL, it goes away. Changes to this for me, interesting. The D discount should be applied on top of the military or resident rate.

Guest 1 Guest 2

Discount: ($192.00) ($192.00)

Per Person Total: $384.60 $384.60

But that Cat X price at $249 + $100 off is almost too good to pass up.

Edited by sr4mjc

If you try it with Military checked and FL, it goes away. Changes to this for me, interesting. The D discount should be applied on top of the military or resident rate.

Guest 1 Guest 2

So weird that yours came out that way. I tried every possible combination.

There is no Fl discount. There is a military, of $131 pp, but when I put in my C&A it prices out as

Stateroom Stateroom Total $766.20 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Discount: ($256.00) ($131.00)

Per Person Total: $320.60 $445.60

So it shows the military plus C&A for the first person, military for the second.

If you add that and divide by 2 it comes to 193.5 discount pp. So it looks like you are getting military and C&A discount, and that is the lowest price possible. A little glitchy on the 192 vs 193.5 but it's Royal.

Guest 1 Guest 2

It looks like they're applying the combination that gives you the lowest price (albeit only $5 in this case)

If it was on the ggg sale, (the old Tuesday sale?) it should get the discount.

That the price 'was so low' isn't grounds for denying the discount.

I'd call back again.

"....This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer, including, but not limited to Shareholder Benefits, dollars off and onboard credit offers, MyCruiseSM Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise promotions and benefits....."

If the company deem that "so low" price to be a restricted fare, the fine print gives them the right to deny the balcony discount. I so a GGG balcony 7N for $349 pp, which would be $237 pp if they allow D+ discount:eek:; maybe we can understand if that seems too low to the company.

So weird that yours came out that way. I tried every possible combination.

There is no Fl discount. There is a military, of $131 pp, but when I put in my C&A it prices out as

Stateroom Stateroom Total $766.20 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Discount: ($256.00) ($131.00)

Per Person Total: $320.60 $445.60

So it shows the military plus C&A for the first person, military for the second.

If you add that and divide by 2 it comes to 193.5 discount pp. So it looks like you are getting military and C&A discount, and that is the lowest price possible. A little glitchy on the 192 vs 193.5 but it's Royal.

Yours makes more sense. I just wasn't used to seeing the (discount) the same for passenger 1 and 2 when a C&A discount is involved. But like you said, it's glitchy RCCL. Still showing that way for me, with only military checked. But the math works. Just when you think you have it all figured out :roll eyes:

$769.20 for a D1 or $639.20 for X. I think I may roll the dice, it's only a quick 4 nighter.

"....This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer, including, but not limited to Shareholder Benefits, dollars off and onboard credit offers, MyCruiseSM Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise promotions and benefits....."

If the company deem that "so low" price to be a restricted fare, the fine print gives them the right to deny the balcony discount. I so a GGG balcony 7N for $349 pp, which would be $237 pp if they allow D+ discount:eek:; maybe we can understand if that seems too low to the company.

Terms and Conditions: Going, Going, Gone is valid for new individual bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any promotional offers or discounts with the exception of Crown & Anchor benefits and NextCruise Onboard Booking Bonus.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Can they change their terms and conditions because the price of this particular balcony 'was so low?' I'm calling shenanigans.

Edited by marci22

I had the last cabin in that category on hold, so rebooking would have been tricky.

It came down to a matter of principle. RC should follow their own policies without the customer having to explain the policies. When I was originally trying to book this cruise, I asked to speak to a supervisor. She was probably one of the rudest people I have ever spoken to. She spent several minutes explaining the world-wide reservation system, etc.

I just want RC planners to know how to properly reserve and cost cruises. I'm sure that is a wish far beyond RCs control.

Barb

Terms and Conditions: Going, Going, Gone is valid for new individual bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any promotional offers or discounts with the exception of Crown & Anchor benefits and NextCruise Onboard Booking Bonus.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Can they change their terms and conditions because the price of this particular balcony 'was so low?' I'm calling shenanigans.

Well, per the balcony discount fine print, they can restrict its use with certain fares. I suspect legally that means they could decide restrict it's use, for example, for balconies costing below $X or if discount is more than X% of the commissionable fare.

We might consider a lot of fine print and legalese to be shenanigans, but it still happens.

Well, per the balcony discount fine print, they can restrict its use with certain fares. I suspect legally that means they could decide restrict it's use, for example, for balconies costing below $X or if discount is more than X% of the commissionable fare.

We might consider a lot of fine print and legalese to be shenanigans, but it still happens.

No. Those are the terms and conditions for that sale. They can't go changing things around.

Don't try to excuse CSRs who don't know what they're talking about.

Edited by marci22