Cabin info needed? M178 elation

smarks

Hi, I have booked the Elation and will have 2 kids with me. I would like to know if anyone knows what the large white area is beside this cabin? If it's not a mechanical room of some kind it would be ideal for the little one who will be rolling over and banging into the wall at night. If it's really loud, it wouldn't work. Thanks for any help form anyone that has stayed in this cabin.

I would agree with the idea that it's the channel for the stacks as that blank space runs the entire height of the ship. As to how much (if any) noise might come from it, I don't know. Perhaps someone who has stayed in that cabin, or another similar cabin on a higher or lower deck, can provide some feedback.

Thanks for the replies. I thought it might be something big. I have googled it and tried youtube.com and have come up empty. If I can't find out anything before our cruise, I will come back to let you know what it is. Not much to choose from with a family of 4. No OV or balconies left. There are a few other interiors I could choose if I need to. Thanks again.

It is definitely the stacks from the engine room.

Thank You. I hope we don't get funky smells and loud banging. I will come back and let you guys know. At least I have an idea of what it is now. Maybe won't be to bad. Thanks again for the reply.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank You. I hope we don't get funky smells and loud banging. I will come back and let you guys know. At least I have an idea of what it is now. Maybe won't be to bad. Thanks again for the reply.

You have a room above and below so that should not be a problem. Check out this site cruisedeckplans.com