government shutdown?!?

fayerussell

Ok, so I am leaving for Hawaii a week from Friday for a trip that I have been planning for over a year. Now I hear that if the government does shutdown the national parks will close!?! So that means Volcanoe National Park for sure. What about Pearl Harbor??? anything else.....???

That would totally make me soooo mad!!!!!:(:(

Ok, so I am leaving for Hawaii a week from Friday for a trip that I have been planning for over a year. Now I hear that if the government does shutdown the national parks will close!?! So that means Volcanoe National Park for sure. What about Pearl Harbor??? anything else.....???

Oh, I couldn't agree with you more--I hope for your sake this does not happen!!!

I agree, it would be very disappointing.:( However, those type of things have been threatened in the past and when push comes to shove it usually gets worked out.

DH would be very disappointed to miss PH in particular, but since we will be in Hawaii it would not be the end of the world. We would be forced to spend the day relaxing at our resort instead of standing in lines in the hot sun. Gotta look for the benefits when things don't go our way!;)

I believe that while Pearl Harbor is on US Navy property the tours are run by the National Park Service.

If the federal govt. does shut down- then yes- that means national parks would be closed. Such as Volcanos Park, and Haleakala on Maui.

Not sure about Pearl Harbor- since it is run by the Navy.

Yes, I believe it will shut down.

Let's hope that things get resolved sooner rather than later.

Keith

I'm not sure what this all means :rolleyes:, could you explain what happens with the shutdown of the national parks and maybe Pearl Harbour :confused:

Thanks

I'm not sure what this all means :rolleyes:, could you explain what happens with the shutdown of the national parks and maybe Pearl Harbour :confused:

Thanks

Very simple. There will be no one to unlock the entrance gate at Pearl Harbor, no one to run or show the video, no one to run the little museum there and finally no one to take guests to the memorial as the launches while run by the Navy are not considered essential personnel. BTW essential personnel are the only government employees allowed to work during a government shutdown.

Uh Navy is US Government last time I checked:rolleyes:

Wow- thanks for the clarification.....

I would guess that the US Military would be considered "essential" and NOT shut down - however- the US parks service would be considered to be non- essential.

Sorry not to have clarified that

Wow- thanks for the clarification.....

I would guess that the US Military would be considered "essential" and NOT shut down - however- the US parks service would be considered to be non- essential.

Sorry not to have clarified that

Military personnel in war zones are of course essential personnel. Even military personnel guarding the president is considered essential personnel (go figure) :) .

Military personnel stationed in the States are NOT necessarily essential but depends on what job they perform.

One other area you may see affected is TSA. It is possible that not all TSA agents will be considered essential and therefore you'll see longer lines at the airport.

Military personnel in war zones are of course essential personnel. Even military personnel guarding the president is considered essential personnel (go figure) :) .

Military personnel stationed in the States are NOT necessarily essential but depends on what job they perform.

One other area you may see affected is TSA. It is possible that not all TSA agents will be considered essential and therefore you'll see longer lines at the airport.

It appears that ALL TSA employees will be essential personnel after all. So screening should not be affected.

Thanks! It looks as if I will be getting off the ship when you are getting on. I will try to keep her in good shape for you.;)

We are getting on May 28 so we hope all of you take good care of the ship for us too!

Counting down the days!

Archived