Rooftop restaurant and bars

freeon

I searched online I found a lot of rooftop restaurants and bars in Rome however most are on top of hotels. Do you have to be a guest at the hotel to eat at the restaurants? Also if there are particular ones that you would suggest please do.

I searched online I found a lot of rooftop restaurants and bars in Rome however most are on top of hotels. Do you have to be a guest at the hotel to eat at the restaurants? Also if there are particular ones that you would suggest please do.

No,you do not need to be a guest to eat at the rooftop restos,but it never hurts to ask. I have always said here on the board the Hotel Forum is super just for the sights alone IMHO. It is on the pricey side,but for once I would have to say worth it just for the view alone and the food was really good.Very preety rooftop as well and the service very nice.

The Westin Regina for us:D

Dine on the grand terrace. Does not get better;)

No,you do not need to be a guest to eat at the rooftop restos,but it never hurts to ask. I have always said here on the board the Hotel Forum is super just for the sights alone IMHO. It is on the pricey side,but for once I would have to say worth it just for the view alone and the food was really good.Very preety rooftop as well and the service very nice.

Every search I did on rooftop restaurant had the restaurant from the Forum Hotel at the top of the list so your not the same one that feels that way. I checked the prices and they look reasonable. Will definitely consider booking this hotel. Thanks

Rooftop bar at the Grand Hotel de la Minerve. Right behind the Pantheon. Loved to sit up there at the end of the evening, sipping a tasty adult beverage…

If you venture to Florence, absolutely go to the rooftop bar at the Westin Excelsior!!! Great nighttime view of Florence at night, and excellent barmen make great drinks!

Did not have to be a guest at either place (although I was staying at both).

P.S. Almost forgot. It's not rooftop (no way could I afford La Pergola), but you can sit outside on the patio of the Rome Cavalieri, enjoy a beverage and appetizers and look out on Rome from the top of Montemario. One of my evenings, there was a thunderstorm - watching the lightning over Rome was very cool.

Edited by slidergirl

Every search I did on rooftop restaurant had the restaurant from the Forum Hotel at the top of the list so your not the same one that feels that way. I checked the prices and they look reasonable. Will definitely consider booking this hotel. Thanks

I have stopped at the Hotel Forum rooftop bar several times to have a glass of wine and watch the sunset over the Forum (and I was not a guest there). It is a delightful but not inexpensive pleasure. I haven't eaten there but seems like it is well recommended by many.

Its not a restaurant but for a nice drink and a great view, the Albergo del Senato has a rooftop bar. We have had drinks up there on several occasions - whether we were staying there or not.

We are staying 1 night post cruise at the Minerva and plan to visit the rooftop bar for a nightcap on our last night of our vacation :D Can't wait !

Its not a restaurant but for a nice drink and a great view, the Albergo del Senato has a rooftop bar. We have had drinks up there on several occasions - whether we were staying there or not.

We are staying 1 night post cruise at the Minerva and plan to visit the rooftop bar for a nightcap on our last night of our vacation :D Can't wait !

I stayed at the Minerva on my first post-divorce trip. I called it my "Eat" trip, after "Eat, Pray, Love." Haven't done the other two parts yet ;)

Be sure to go into the church next door. It is really drab and plain on the outside, but it is gorgeous inside! It is the only Gothic church in Rome, I believe. It has an interesting history also. Galileo was tried in the monastery next door, St. Catherine of Siena is entombed there, as well as a few popes and notables (Torquemada among them). If nothing else, it is nice and cool inside, a break from Roman heat (if you must).

I stayed at the Minerva on my first post-divorce trip. I called it my "Eat" trip, after "Eat, Pray, Love." Haven't done the other two parts yet ;)

Be sure to go into the church next door. It is really drab and plain on the outside, but it is gorgeous inside! It is the only Gothic church in Rome, I believe. It has an interesting history also. Galileo was tried in the monastery next door, St. Catherine of Siena is entombed there, as well as a few popes and notables (Torquemada among them). If nothing else, it is nice and cool inside, a break from Roman heat (if you must).

We have been in that church….. we always stay in the Pantheon/Navonna area since it is so central and know the area pretty well. There is also a very nice store across (on the corner) of the piazza that has lots of nice food items. I usually stop there for some snacks/treats after we go grocery shopping for breakfast items etc. Our last 2 trips we have rented apartments and have one rented for next April. But on the end of the cruise we only have one night before flying home so decided to stay at the Minerva. They allow one night bookings which many of the hotels in the central area do not.

We are taking my son and his wife on this trip so excited to share Rome with them !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it's a change or just not always enforced but on our last stay at Albergo del Senato, there was a sign stating that the rooftop bar was for hotel guests only.