Best Excursion with Young Kids

mymollysue

We are going to be in the Cayman's for the first time with our 7 and 4 year olds. I was just wondering what the best excursion would be with young kids. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was looking at Nativeway but was wondering if there were others.

Visit the turtle farm.... they will be able to see baby turtles and actually touch one.

The 4 yr old might be too young for the stingray tours as you have to stand out in the water which is about waist deep for adults. If an adult would like to hold the little ones, it would be cool.

2015Aug_Glory_GC638.JPG

adults are allowed to pick them up

CaymanScreenCapture3.JPG

Edited by ABQrobin

We did Stingray to it with 3,5,7 year olds last time. Went with nativeway so we would get a smaller group and more attention. You do have to carry the younger ones but easy in life jacket

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

We are going to be in the Cayman's for the first time with our 7 and 4 year olds. I was just wondering what the best excursion would be with young kids. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was looking at Nativeway but was wondering if there were others.

We did stingray city last week. There were several small children on our tour and they got along very well. I think it is do able, but it's nerve wracking to have the Rays swim around you, and if you are holding another person, it could be even more stressful.

One other thing to consider with that excursion is that you will be on a boat a while headed out to the site. It's a bumpy ride and may not be suitable for everyone- I found myself a little seasick after a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love Rum Point. We've been to GC several times and with kiddos that young, we'd rent a car and drive to Rum Point. It's a secluded, calm beach with snorkeling, food, drinks, shade and water toy rentals.

The Turtle Farm would be another good choice as would anything close by on Seven Mile beach. We just love Rum Point the best. [emoji4]

We've used Nativeway too, had a blast. Did the snorkel, stingray and beach (Rum Point) tour. They cut it a little close getting back to the pier, but they rushed back and we got onboard in time. I'd book with them again. 7 and 4 would be fine ages to go, if the water is choppy, you don't HAVE to leave the boat. If they don't swim, Nativeway has life jackets.

~Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruiselovincouple

• 4 weeks later...

Turtle Farm, but NOT String Ray City. I would be a nervous wreck. We've been, but the safety talk explains the stingrays STILL have their stingers. Also they would need to fully understand "shuffling" their feet rather than walking to avoid getting stung or you would have to carry them. Turtles and the beach.

:D

We love Rum Point. We've been to GC several times and with kiddos that young, we'd rent a car and drive to Rum Point. It's a secluded, calm beach with snorkeling, food, drinks, shade and water toy rentals.

The Turtle Farm would be another good choice as would anything close by on Seven Mile beach. We just love Rum Point the best. [emoji4]

We've used Nativeway too, had a blast. Did the snorkel, stingray and beach (Rum Point) tour. They cut it a little close getting back to the pier, but they rushed back and we got onboard in time. I'd book with them again. 7 and 4 would be fine ages to go, if the water is choppy, you don't HAVE to leave the boat. If they don't swim, Nativeway has life jackets.

~Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How far is Rum Point from the Turtle Farm? Where did you rent your car from? I am wanting to do a jeep because of the size and it appears all the big rental companies have are small cars.

Do your kids like Pirates? There is the Jolly Roger Pirate ship excursion that sails you out on the pirate ship, people can walk the plank and jump into the water, Pirates in costume all around getting people to participate in all kinds of goofy stuff. Kids LOVE this excursion and so do many adults. Sometimes includes lunch, depending on what you want to do.

Might be something a 4 & 7 year old would remember for a long time!!

Google Jolly Roger Pirate Ship Grand Cayman.

We've done Rum point couple of times with our kids (4+9). It's "ok" but not great. Depending on the operator you might get only 2-2.5 hours of beach time and 2 hours in transit (catamaran). If the ultimate point is a beach break there are many other affordable options.

How far is Rum Point from the Turtle Farm? Where did you rent your car from? I am wanting to do a jeep because of the size and it appears all the big rental companies have are small cars.

Rum Point is far and out of the way by car. Easiest/fastest way is by boat.