Stingray Sailing Feedback

fielddreamer

They are a reputable smaller sailing excursion. We had them booked a few years ago and found them VERY easy to work with, right up through our special requests. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate, and while we could get onto the island at Spotts, the Stingray excursions were all cancelled. They were there to meet us at the port, suggest other itineraries for a day on land and make sure they had us refunded.

We had 8 of us scheduled to go and I think they have a maximum of 16 or something. I would highly recommend them for the service they DID provide and will definitley go through them again next time we are back and looking to do the Stingrays.

FYI We've done stingrays through Capt. Bryan (Buccaneer) and a couple of ship's excursions.

I booked a tour with them and went last week. There were a total of 17 of us on that catamaran including the 3 crew members and the 4 of us. We LOVED it. Would not hesitate to book with him again. The only glitch was the mix up between ship time and their time........I was off by an hour so we stood around in port for that hour. While we were waiting, I watched the Carnival excursion group walk by going on their stingray city trip and we counted at least 60 people before we lost track. :eek: I would NOT want to be on that boat. NO thanks.

If I knew how to post pictures on here, I'd write up a more formal review!

We were Not on their tour. But i spent time talking to the rep that was greeting tours at the terminal. Then later saw their boat at the reef. Looks like a very well run outfit.

We were with MobyDick and had an excellent trip experience as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used them for our trip at Christmas. Had the best time there were 12 in our group and the only ones on the boat. Chop the captain was great. He talked to us and have us great information about the island when we traveled to the boat. The stingrays knew him and they came to us as soon as we were in the water. Other boats were there and had 40 to 60 people on them. Unlike the other boats we had all the stingrays swimming with us for about 30 minutes. We them went snorkling. The waters were very choppy and Chop made sure we were safe and kept counting heads so we didn't have to. He had us back to the port in plenty of time to even eat lunch and dropped us off at a local place close to port. He even have us a card for a 20% discount. Can't enough good things.

It has been years since my husband did the Stingrays. I think we would like to do it again. It is just the two of us, so what is the best way to join an another small grup on a private excursion to see the stingrays.

Thx!

We used them back in 2012, we had our family group (10 adults, 3 children). Boat was nice and they were very accommodating with the children. They also showed us how to properly feed them (how to hold the fish), and were in the water with us and took pictures for us. If I was planning to go back to the stingrays I would go with them again.

It has been years since my husband did the Stingrays. I think we would like to do it again. It is just the two of us, so what is the best way to join an another small grup on a private excursion to see the stingrays.

Thx!

I would go their website and sign up.

How hard are these boats to get in and out off the water? My wife has a bad back and bad knees and can't climb out of the water on a typical ladder (like in a pool or most recreational boats). If she don't have to pull her self out of the water or climb straight up she will probably do OK.

I was thinking about trying to book with MarineLandtours because they advertise their boat has a platform that lowers into the water but I don't know if it will be available by the time I can book (first time DCL cruiser).

Thanks

How hard are these boats to get in and out off the water? My wife has a bad back and bad knees and can't climb out of the water on a typical ladder (like in a pool or most recreational boats). If she don't have to pull her self out of the water or climb straight up she will probably do OK.

I was thinking about trying to book with MarineLandtours because they advertise their boat has a platform that lowers into the water but I don't know if it will be available by the time I can book (first time DCL cruiser).

Thanks

Most boats have a ladder. Not very accessible at all.

Marineland has at least one boat with really nice easy-to-manage stairs, very accessible-looking when I've seen their boat out at Stingray City. There's pics on their website.

They are who I'd recommend first to anyone with mobility concerns.

Edited by bookbabe

You might want to look at the other thread "comparison" for stingray tours. I - and others - have commented at length about Stingray Sailing there. The short answer is go for it; they offer a great excursion and much more personal experience than most! :)

Stingray sailing is by far one of the best outfits in all the western Caribbean , his name is Chip not Chop like in a earlier post. Used them 2 x while in a GC for our 2 visits. We booked again for our Feb 2017 trip to GC . Michelle the boss (chips wife) is fantastic to deal with. The stingrays sense Chip and his crew and many of the stingrays hang around his area .

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for Stingray Sailing. After reading about them on Trip Advisor we booked with them and they really lived up to the billing. When Capt. Chip brought the boat to the bar the stingrays started coming to his boat. Now there were already a few boats there some with a large number of passengers but we only had 8 of us that day. Once in the water the rays continued to swarm us as they really seemed to recognize Capt. Chip's boat. They were basically only at his boat! His mate who was fantastic, shame i forget his name, had names for about 8 of them...truly amazing. Another post mentioned how they treat the rays and that is so important. They looked at other people and how they let their passengers man handle the rays and just shook their heads. A snorkel stop followed our stop with the rays. If we were ever to back to Grand Cayman and want to do the rays, we would not think twice about going with Stingray Sailing!

edit.gif