Exclusive Colonial Mansion Escape, Grand Cayman, has anyone done this excursion?

tbill

Looks like a new excursion. There may not be much feedback available yet.

The description on Royal Caribbean's webpage include apparently contradictory information saying the tour includes a "scenic ride that passes through the island's original capital." It then goes on to talk about "Afterwards, the property is yours to explore. You can stroll along Seven Mile Beach..."

The original capital of the Cayman Islands was Bodden Town. There is a mansion, of sorts, near the police station that has recently been refurbished and is hosting special events. I presume this is the location of the tour.

But it is not on Seven Mile Beach. Not even close. You would not pass through Bodden Town on the way from the port to Seven Mile Beach unless you were very lost.

I read it, and that's a really confusing tour description. Could they be doing an island tour first and then going to someplace along Seven Mile Beach? Unless the Governor has opened up her mansion to tour groups? :-) They do mention that "your hostess" will show you around...

• 2 weeks later...

This is also now showing up as an excursion option with Celebrity who used to offer something similar in St. Maarten. That said it looks new and there are not any reviews there yet either. We did book though since it's easy enough to cancel.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Did anyone try this yet? Would love to hear any feedback.
There is one review now shown on the RCCL Shore Excursion choices. Seems they liked it, but not many details:

5-Star

Westy

GOLD

JUNE 3, 2016

SAIL DATE MAY 2016

Simply the best

By far the best excursion my wife and I have ever experienced. We were treated like royalty. There was plenty to do or just sit and relax. Great food and drinks and the best staff we have ever met

Edited by The Grumpus

There is one review now shown on the RCCL Shore Excursion choices. Seems they liked it, but not many details:

5-Star

Westy

GOLD

JUNE 3, 2016

SAIL DATE MAY 2016

Simply the best

By far the best excursion my wife and I have ever experienced. We were treated like royalty. There was plenty to do or just sit and relax. Great food and drinks and the best staff we have ever met

Thank you so much for posting this! While it's not detailed, as you noted, at least it's something...