Navigator with a two year old.

Hi. We haven't sailed with RCI before and just booked for the Navigator next September.

Our little girl will just be 2 when we sail.

I wondered what they give you for the room? We sail with NCL later this year and have been told we will get some kind of travel cot ..I assume that's what it is. A pack and play? We don't have them here..

Is there something similar?

And also what activities and things are there for a two year old? I know of the Royal babies nursery, but do they put on anything special for the little ones?

Thanks.

You will have to request/order a pack and play. They don't automatically put one in the room.

Not sure if Navigator has a nursery. I am sure someone will answer that one. Adventure Ocean program is for children 3 and older.

Pools do not allow non-toilet trained children. No swim diapers are allowed also. Again, not sure if Navigatorhas a baby splash area.

Family board could probably give you lot of information and answers. Most people recommend bringing everything you need for a child with you. Baby spoons, Sippy cup, diapers, medications,etc. Not always available on board and if available are usually expensive.

you may be able to get a bag of age appropriate toys to take back to the cabin and they might run an open play time for kids too young to use the kids club programming. otherwise, you are expected to entertain them yourself. bring a blow up pool for her to splash in( and doubles as a bathtub unless you are in suite).

pack n plays are first come first served so you need to request one on your reservation ASAP.

non potty trained children may NOT access any pool or hot tub( and a 2 year old is too young for a hot tub anyway). swim nappies are NOT permitted.

A Pack and Play is a "playpen"....not a crib (you call it a Travel cot)...but a slightly larger contraption....lower to the floor. It will keep a tot in place! Definitely bring a blow up tub...most cabins only have showers, so a tub comes in handy with little kids. And, you can use it for "splashing" on the pool deck.

Thanks. Pack and play has been requested. I was aware that she can't go in the pool unless she's toilet trained. We are aiming for her to be in time. Fingers crossed! Would be nice.

Good luck! Just remember no swimmies and no pull-ups - hard to imagine a 2-year-old completely toilet trained.

Good luck! Just remember no swimmies and no pull-ups - hard to imagine a 2-year-old completely toilet trained.

I know, but I like a challenge, ha :) I've been informed by my mother in law that my husband was by 18 months and I know my niece and nephew were before 2. Can only try!

Have cruised out of Southampton. Pretty sure rules are worldwide. Kids have to be toilet trained and swimmies (swim diapers) and pull ups are not allowed in pools.

Yes, from the UK and we were told this too. I think some of the newer RCI ships have a baby pool that they can use whether toilet trained or not. NCL have told us no.