Mexican Riviera??

louisianagirl70

carnival hasn't done the Mexican Riviera summertime cruises for a few years now. the Miracle is the only 7+ day boat on the west coast and they spend the summers in Alaska.

You could B2B the 3&4 day boat but Catalina and Ensenada are not the nicest beaches.

I believe the few other west coast lines are about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pulledporky

For me, and I'm a bit different than most, it's about the humpback whales. They migrate to the Sea of Cortez to raise their calves once they leave Alaska. Cabo San Lucas has a plethora of sea life and the whales are in abundance in the winter. I don't really understand why Carnival doesn't make a bigger deal about the whale sightings in that part of Pacific ocean.

The OP was asking about summer. The whales are in Mexican waters in winter.

Carnival WILL be going to the MR in the summer starting next year. The Legend will be doing Alaska, and the Miracle will be doing MR and Hawaii all year long.

Now, getting back to OP's question, the MR can be very nice in the summer. The water is not as pretty as the Caribbean, but the beaches are great. Also, the cities are very nice places to visit. If you have never been to them, you really should go. I really like Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. Mazatlan is coming back this year, and perhaps Acapulco and Ixtapa will follow. BY next summer, you should have plenty of choices of different itineraries to visit the MR. I hope you enjoy your cruise... wherever you go.

Bob

We have been on more than 20 Caribbean cruises and are looking for something different for next summer. What are your opinions on the Mexican Riviera cruise? How are the beaches/water? Do you recommend it?

I love the Mexican Riviera. I have cruised there 8 or 9 times. However, I would never cruise in the summer. It will be very hot. The ports will be full of tourists from the US as well as Mexico. The beaches and restaurants will be overflowing with people. You won't have the opportunity to go whale watching which is one of the best things to do there.

If I were you, I would sail to the Mexican Riviera from December - March. If you need to sail in the summer, I would consider something else. Just my opinion......

I love the Mexican Riviera. I have cruised there 8 or 9 times. However, I would never cruise in the summer. It will be very hot. The ports will be full of tourists from the US as well as Mexico. The beaches and restaurants will be overflowing with people. You won't have the opportunity to go whale watching which is one of the best things to do there.

If I were you, I would sail to the Mexican Riviera from December - March. If you need to sail in the summer, I would consider something else. Just my opinion......

Summer, no matter where you go, would have lots of tourist because that's when families travel. Summer is considered the slow season in Cabo. Xbatt8 is correct, the Miracle will be in the Mexican Riviera in the summer of 2015, but it will be the only ship, so the crowds shouldn't be too overwhelming.

Whether it's the Mexican Riviera or the Caribbean, it will be hurricane season and HOT!

We go to Mexico on the Miracle(before that on the Spirit) in the spring in March or April depending on the itinerary and our schedules. We find the temps to be nice and warm without being TOO hot!

Even if those weeks have some children off from school we have not been disturbed by them at all on the ship.

It is not a wild college spring break destination!

• 2 weeks later...
Summer, no matter where you go, would have lots of tourist because that's when families travel. Summer is considered the slow season in Cabo. Xbatt8 is correct, the Miracle will be in the Mexican Riviera in the summer of 2015, but it will be the only ship, so the crowds shouldn't be too overwhelming.

Whether it's the Mexican Riviera or the Caribbean, it will be hurricane season and HOT!

Tourist don't all come from ships. They come from the U.S. Via airplane and even more from native Mexicans coming from all over Mexico for vacations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk