Slow Sea Princess

I was on this cancelled cruise and we received an email, sms and call from Princess. Also received a call from TA. They do make sure you are aware it is cancelled....even if they let you know at the last minute!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last thing they want is people even more annoyed in a situation like that, not knowing til they get to the dock. I'm sure they'd do the best they could to reach you, though it can be hard if travelling.

Marinetraffic has Sea Princess heading out of Sydney Harbour now. My guess is going out to stretch its legs on sea trials.

Maybe the nightmare might be coming to an end once and for all.

I wonder what she will do between now and the next cruise.

We are going on her to NZ from Brisbane on 27 Oct - with 40 friends from our motorhome club Barry

It would be nice to think that she could do a couple of 2/3 day cruises , but I fear its too short notice. Any such cruise would need to organised well in advance to make it run smoothly.

Who knows , after the trials today she may have to go back for a few "technical adjustments" . I note on Marine Traffic , she was only doing 7.2 knots .

A good couple of days to get her sea legs and not pay the harbour / port fees as well.:D

Also if a ship stays in port too long in Australia, the Australia government starts putting in ads in the local news patters about claiming the ship.

Hopefully someone has seen these ads’s in the past and can post a copy of one or give more info about it :)

Also if a ship stays in port too long in Australia, the Australia government starts putting in ads in the local news patters about claiming the ship.

Hopefully someone has seen these ads’s in the past and can post a copy of one or give more info about it :)

Yes, I remember one ad getting some cruisers very worried. ;)

I haven't seen these ads, don't seem to get any ships staying at the Canberra dock for too long I suppose.:rolleyes:

A good couple of days to get her sea legs and not pay the harbour / port fees as well.:D

Looks like she is heading back to Sydney now. She reached about 20 kts overnight before slowly chugging her way back at 7 kts probably awaiting her slot into the harbour. A

Hey MicCanberra, where/what website do you get the tracking info from for the ship? Is it available for alls ships?

Thanks

Team Alpha

Marinetraffic.com

Will give the location of any ship in or around most major ports and you can search for specific ships. There are also android and iPhone apps that use the info.

A very useful site.

Indeed. Tug boats Waree and Elwing are both sitting just inside the heads waiting for something to come in.

My guess is Australian Warship Sirius will come in first and then sea princess after that.

Ps Does this make us ship stalkers?

Edited by SnoA

Much too early to be returning unless more works are needed. I thought she was coming in for Saturday evening.

Well according to her AIS (that's where all the tracking info comes from) yes she was due in tomorrow night but that may not be accurate at all. She started heading in this morning.

If she intended to stay out another day/night I reckon she would not be getting so close to the high traffic area of Sydney heads.

All this is of course speculation.