Questions for Australians on

paiagirl

We will be on the NCL JEWEL, Feb. 10, 2018, 10 day cruise departing from Sydney and returning to Sydney.

Is it easy to disembark for non-Australians at the end of the cruise?

Will a 11:30 a.m. flight time be safe?

I am thinking of booking the 11:30 morning flight to LAX and go by train from Circular Quay to the airport.

( I can't correct my heading.)

Thank you.

Edited by paiagirl
not finished

We will be on the NCL JEWEL, Feb. 10, 2018, 10 day cruise departing from Sydney and returning to Sydney.

Will a 11:30 a.m. flight time be safe?

I am thinking of booking the 11:30 morning flight to LAX and go by train from Circular Quay to the airport.

( I can't correct my heading.)

Thank you.

In my opinion 11:30 is too early.

You will need to be at the airport 2 or 3 hours prior to your flight.

It's about half an hour or 45 minutes by train to the airport plus however long you wait for that train.

Add the walk to the station but that's only minutes, luggage collection etc I'd try for something around 1:00

11.30 seems much too early. Too many things can go wrong. The time of your disembark, speed through customs, dragging luggage around Circular Quay through crowded footpaths, distance involved in getting to the airport by public transport, day of the week and any number of other things. I'd aim for 2pm at the earliest. 3pm to be real safe.

do not think it is any different for non-Australians

agree that 11.30 is too early....what if the ship comes in late? or if clearance to disembark is held back? (we were stuck on board for 2 hours in Auckland before we could get off for our port day) or there are no cabs to take you to the airport?

would recommend a later flight time.

later this year, we will be arriving at Copenhagen at 0500 and we were considering a flight at 1230 but after careful consideration, we have decided to stay for 2 nights at Copenhagen post cruise.....less stress this way

:halo:

In my opinion 11:30 is too early.

You will need to be at the airport 2 or 3 hours prior to your flight.

It's about half an hour or 45 minutes by train to the airport plus however long you wait for that train.

Add the walk to the station but that's only minutes, luggage collection etc I'd try for something around 1:00

I agree that you need to be at the airport 2 or 3 hours prior to the flight, and you also have to allow for the unexpected hold-up. So I'd book a later flight than 11.30. No earlier than 2pm.

However, the train trip from Circular Quay station (right near the cruise ship terminal) takes about 20 minutes to the International airport. It's a very efficient way of getting there.

11.30 seems much too early. Too many things can go wrong. The time of your disembark, speed through customs, dragging luggage around Circular Quay through crowded footpaths, distance involved in getting to the airport by public transport, day of the week and any number of other things. I'd aim for 2pm at the earliest. 3pm to be real safe.

Under normally circumstances taking the train they will be comfortably at the airport before 9.30am. We have been every time we've done this. All that happens if you book flight times like you've suggested is that you have to sit and wait for hours for check-in to open.

Your Informations are very helpful and appreciate them.

Does anyone know where at the Circular Quay station we can purchase the single tickets to the international airport? I know there are ticket machines but I think it is for the regular Opal card? I was hoping to purchase round trip tickets at the airport but found out we must purchase the single ticket on the day we go to the airport.

Thank you. Paiagirl

Your Informations are very helpful and appreciate them.

Does anyone know where at the Circular Quay station we can purchase the single tickets to the international airport? I know there are ticket machines but I think it is for the regular Opal card? I was hoping to purchase round trip tickets at the airport but found out we must purchase the single ticket on the day we go to the airport.

Thank you. Paiagirl

At the ticket window.