trip insurance

This was the per person cost of Royal's insurance as of 9/2014.

The first part is the cost of the cruise. For example, if the cost of the cruise

is $500 or less, the insurance is $29 per person.

$0 USD - $500 USD $29 USD

$501 USD - $1,000 USD $59 USD

$1,001 USD - $1,500 USD $89 USD

$1,501 USD - $2,000 USD $119 USD

$2,001 USD - $2,500 USD $159 USD

$2,501 USD - $3,000 USD $199 USD

$3,001 USD - $3,500 USD $259 USD

$3,501 USD - $4,000 USD $299 USD

$4,001 USD - $4,500 USD $339 USD

$4,501 USD - $5,000 USD $379 USD

$5,001 USD - $5,500 USD $419 USD

$5,501 USD - $6,000 USD $459 USD

$6,001 USD - $6,500 USD $539 USD

$6,501 USD - $7,000 USD $569 USD

$7,001 USD - $7,500 USD $599 USD

$7,501 USD - $8,000 USD $639 USD

$8,001 USD - $8,500 USD $679 USD

$8,501 USD - $9,000 USD $709 USD

$9,001 USD - $9,500 USD $749 USD

$9,501 USD - $10,000 USD $789 USD

$10,001 or Greater $799 USD

Edited by clarea

You are going to find those that purchase ins and those that don't.

For us, yes we do and yes, we had to use it once. While on a cruise vacation, our business was destroyed by fire. The ins not only covered our cruise cost for the days we did not get to be on vacation but also covered our airfare back that we had to book on less than 24 hr notice and the airfare we had already purchased prior to the trip. It also reimbursed us for a prepaid hotel planned for the night after the cruise.

There are other horror stories much worse than ours. Emergency air evacuation from the ship or island is one that comes to mind.

Even though we used the ins to cover the part of the trip we did not get to finish, we mainly purchase ins for the emergency air evacuation as our BCBS of Illinois policy will not cover that cost.

Our last policy was for a 7 night Indy OTS cruise last month. The cost of the insurance we purchase (no we do not use the cruise line ins, we purchase ours from insuremytrip.com ) is partially determined by your age. Ours is 55 and 54 yrs old. This included coverage of our prepaid air, prepaid hotels, and obviously our cruise. Cost $180.00 total

Tim

How has anyones experience with RCCL CruiseCare been? That's all I really looked at into getting, but now i'll also look into that insuremytrip.com place also.

Depends on your specific needs.

Advantages of Royal's Cruise Care is that it's not age based, so if you are older, you may find the premium less expensive than other insurers. Royal's policy also give you a 75% credit on a future cruise if you cancel for a non-covered reason.

Disadvantages of Royal's Cruise Care is that is does not cover air unless you book through Choice Air. I also think that the emergency evacuation coverage is not high enough.

My group consists of me 28, my gf 25, & her son 8. Main concern for insurance isn't to get trip costs back, that's a concern of course but primarily one is expenses for emergency or medical flight, foreign hospitalization, etc. any good outfits that I could use that anyone has to recommend?

My group consists of me 28, my gf 25, & her son 8. Main concern for insurance isn't to get trip costs back, that's a concern of course but primarily one is expenses for emergency or medical flight, foreign hospitalization, etc. any good outfits that I could use that anyone has to recommend?

Again, I would recommend the website http://www.insuremytrip.com . Not only can you see and compare policies right there, you can also use their 800 number for assistance. EVERYTIME I have called them, the person providing me the information has been very knowledgeable and helpful. I will never use anybody else.

Tim

We get our ins through Costco. We've never had to use it for a medical emergency but my IPod was stollen sometime from when we left it with the porter and the time our bags were delivered to our room. The ins covered my IPod. Now we always get it.

debating and reading things about trip insurance; my upcoming cruise is aboard freedom on 8/30/15. anyone know how much it is if I add the trip insurance for this 7 day cruise?

You need to decide what you are trying to insure. Are you interested in cancellation coverage, to get back the cost of the trip? Are you in need of health insurance while on board or overseas? If so, do you know what your current insurance already covers? Are you interested in medical transport, should you need it?

Just wondering about "the insurance" doesn't really make it clear what the compelling factors are. I have different thoughts based on your concerns and needs.

Just talked to my agent, sorry mad like my blue cross policy will cover all medical stuff in hospital or aboard. Good to know, just gotta check I to flight transfers if needed and or hotel stays out of the u.s

Make sure your BCBS covers air evac OUT OF THE STATES. That is a biggie.

Tim

• 1 month later...
Again, I would recommend the website http://www.insuremytrip.com . Not only can you see and compare policies right there, you can also use their 800 number for assistance. EVERYTIME I have called them, the person providing me the information has been very knowledgeable and helpful. I will never use anybody else.

Tim

Very expensive when you reach 65 and gets crazy as you get older. Better with ship insurance.

Just talked to my agent, sorry mad like my blue cross policy will cover all medical stuff in hospital or aboard. Good to know, just gotta check I to flight transfers if needed and or hotel stays out of the u.s

Your Blue Cross isn't going to cover your needs.

First of all, it's not like home where you just give them your card and they bill BC. You're going to have to pay up front, then file for reimbursement from BC. Then BC is only going to reimburse you for your "Out of Network" costs.

BC isn't going to mere act you back home.

There are many other issues too numerous to list on my iphone