Dawn-Departure day lunch, not the MDR

MoJen

Hi everyone,

I've seen the answer to my question in the past, but cannot locate the thread now. Are all restaurants open for lunch after boarding/departure? Something without the throngs of people in the MDR.

Thank you in advance!

Jen

:confused:

May 2013 Jewel to Alaska we had embarkation lunch in the dining room and it wasn't that crowded.

Wondering if O'Sheehan's is open on embarkation day and if you sit and they come take your order & deliver your food?

Hi everyone,

I've seen the answer to my question in the past, but cannot locate the thread now. Are all restaurants open for lunch after boarding/departure? Something without the throngs of people in the MDR.

Thank you in advance!

Jen

When did you encounter throngs in the MDR - we always found it almost empty for boarding.

Depature it totally different and all restaurants are open then, like a regular evening.

The Venetian Restaurant (deck 6 aft) is open for lunch during embarkation. If you are not dropping off luggage at the Bamboo Asian Restaurant area (deck 7 forward) - another secret that most people are not aware of - make a left turn as soon as you enter the ship (on deck 7), and walk towards the back of the ship. Either walk down the stairs or take the elevator down one floor, and enter the restaurant. It's one of our favorite things about cruising on Norwegian - the fact that we can ease into our vacation without being crowded in the Garden Buffet area.

Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!

Jen

The main MDR is open for lunch at boarding time. Suite passengers can go to Cagney's.