Doge's SI Tour-over 65 tickets

Sheal

Hi,

In my excitement today I purchased the "over65" tickets for my over 65 year old in-laws.

I just read on the RS website that the senior discounts apply only to EU citizens. I also read that they would make you purchase the correct ticket with no refund for the invalid tickets.

Then I read here on CC a review about the tour and that they (from NY) used both the senior discount and the student discount and no ids were checked.

Can anyone confirm if a non-EU senior can use this discounted ticket? I did send an email to the ticket office at the palace but curiosity is killing the cat.

Thanks!

Sheal

Edited by Sheal

I also purchased the over 65 tickets for my husband and our friends. On their official web site ,Palazzo Ducale, it didn't specify that you had to be a European citizen, in fact it said that Venetian citizens were free. Therefore I assumed that the 65 and over covered anyone that age with proper ID. I guess we will see. They know we are from the USA because we had to give our address and an American credit card that must be approved.

I also bought tickets for Park Guell in Barcelona for over 65. Last year when we were there I bought online tickets for us, my husband being over 65 and we had no trouble. They didn't request ID.

Thanks. That gives me hope considering that you actually spoke with someone. I made my reservations online.

I will also keep that in mind about Parc Guell and any other place in Barcelona that requires admission.

Sheal

You're very welcome.

I know someone else asked this same type of question but no one had responded. It could have been an old post of course, but just in case it wasn't I added it in hopes someone might find it of use.

Sheal

Just in case anyone else is unsure of the discounts, I received a response to my question from the info center at the palace.

as you can read on our website http://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/en/pianifica-la-tua-visita/tickets/ there is not country restriction on our reduced rate.

Kind regards

Sheal

It states "citizens" for the 65 and older. What do you think citizen means? It means citizen of Italy.

The group I was with one couple had to buy the regular ticket.

I guess some will make it and some will pay for another ticket.