Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Barocco

HEINER

Has anyone stayed at the hotel Barocco in Rome? Located by Barberini Square and Tritone Fountain. Also located five minutes from the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain.

Is this a good location? Is it close by the Pantheon? I know that's the location everyone says to stay in.

It has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

This will be our first time in Rome.

Thanks,for any information you can give us.

We stayed here for 8 nights arriving on Christmas Eve a couple of years ago. We thought it was wonderful. The rooms and beds were very comfortable and modern for the price.

Yes, it is a bit further out, relatively speaking, than staying near the Pantheon or Trevi Fountain area. However, my husband and I are runners and exercise is part of our routine. Walking the extra distance never phased us and we often walked all the way to the Vatican from there are well.

I think it is a great location. The Spanish steps are right down a side street as well. Plenty of good restaurants for dinner within a 15 minute walk as well.

It's a bit too far out for my taste. You can walk to the Pantheon from there, but it's not close. I like to use Venere.com and select areas near the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, etc.

Thanks, what a great site a lot of great information.

We stayed here for 8 nights arriving on Christmas Eve a couple of years ago. We thought it was wonderful. The rooms and beds were very comfortable and modern for the price.

Yes, it is a bit further out, relatively speaking, than staying near the Pantheon or Trevi Fountain area. However, my husband and I are runners and exercise is part of our routine. Walking the extra distance never phased us and we often walked all the way to the Vatican from there are well.

I think it is a great location. The Spanish steps are right down a side street as well. Plenty of good restaurants for dinner within a 15 minute walk as well.

Thanks, for the information. The one reason we are looking at this hotel they have king size beds. The distance would not be a problem we walk everyday. Just was not sure about the location.

The Barocco is my favorite hotel in all of Europe after 40+ years of going there. I would never stay anywhere else in Rome.

It is very convenient to the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, as well as Via Veneto, Borghese Gallery and gardens in the other direction but requires about a 10 minute walk to get to them. It sounds like you wouldn't have any trouble with that.:D

The service is superb and the staff goes way beyond what is required. I am extremely picky about hotels and, other than small bedrooms, typical for old buildings in Europe, IMO the Barocco is absolutely perfect. There is a gigantic breakfast with everything you could ever think of, including eggs, bacon, omlets, frittatas, as well as cheeses, pastries, breads, cereals, etc., anything you could want. Most days I was even too stuffed to eat much dinner.

Finally, this is the most immaculate hotel I have ever stayed in and the beds are so comfortable, not thin and hard like many of the hotels in Rome.The sheets are highest quality and there is not a speck of dirt anywhere. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and feel certain you will not be disappointed.

BTW, The side street it is on is very quiet, too, and you can get a room with a view of the Bernini Fountain. In my opinion, the location is great, as long as you can manage a 10 minute or less walk to the sights listed above. Also convenient to the Forum, Colosseum, etc. although they are a slightly farther walk away. Piazza Barberini is very central to many things plus it has a metro stop right there to get to other sights like the Vatican.

PS, I am sure you saw that the hotel is not inexpensive but is worth every penny and then some...IMO.

Edited by ptrpanpens

The Barocco is my favorite hotel in all of Europe after 40+ years of going there. I would never stay anywhere else in Rome.

It is very convenient to the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, as well as Via Veneto, Borghese Gallery and gardens in the other direction but requires about a 10 minute walk to get to them. It sounds like you wouldn't have any trouble with that.:D

The service is superb and the staff goes way beyond what is required. I am extremely picky about hotels and, other than small bedrooms, typical for old buildings in Europe, IMO the Barocco is absolutely perfect. There is a gigantic breakfast with everything you could ever think of, including eggs, bacon, omlets, frittatas, as well as cheeses, pastries, breads, cereals, etc., anything you could want. Most days I was even too stuffed to eat much dinner.

Finally, this is the most immaculate hotel I have ever stayed in and the beds are so comfortable, not thin and hard like many of the hotels in Rome.The sheets are highest quality and there is not a speck of dirt anywhere. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and feel certain you will not be disappointed.

BTW, The side street it is on is very quiet, too, and you can get a room with a view of the Bernini Fountain. In my opinion, the location is great, as long as you can manage a 10 minute or less walk to the sights listed above. Also convenient to the Forum, Colosseum, etc. although they are a slightly farther walk away. Piazza Barberini is very central to many things plus it has a metro stop right there to get to other sights like the Vatican.

PS, I am sure you saw that the hotel is not inexpensive but is worth every penny and then some...IMO.

Thank you, for taken the time to give us all this great information. This is just want we needed to know. This Hotel has excellent reviews so I know we will be very happy there. I am also extremely picky with the Hotels we stay in.

We are going to book either the Double Deluxe room or the Junior Suite both have king size beds. Do you remember the type of rooms you have stayed in? Hotel has sent us the prices for both rooms and your right it's not inexpensive.

Again Thanks!!!

Thank you, for taken the time to give us all this great information. This is just want we needed to know. This Hotel has excellent reviews so I know we will be very happy there. I am also extremely picky with the Hotels we stay in.

We are going to book either the Double Deluxe room or the Junior Suite both have king size beds. Do you remember the type of rooms you have stayed in? Hotel has sent us the prices for both rooms and your right it's not inexpensive.

Again Thanks!!!

As I travel alone, I book a double room for single use and it would be too small for you. However, I have always been upgraded and last year they gave me a double deluxe room because I was having trouble accessing the safe in my room. As I said they are extremely service oriented.:D i thought it was very large and am sure it would accommodate you. Of course a suite would be nice if the cost isnt prohibitive....maybe you can get a view of the fountain.

Have a great time in Rome. There is a very good restaurant just up the street. I forget the name but it is one of the highest rated on Trip Advisor so you can find it by looking on there.

We stayed in this area last May, and loved it.

It's not the closest to some of the sights mentioned, but we loved the area.

In the other direction, it's just a few blocks to the big park, along Via Veneto.

(Some of those hotels, toward the top of Via Veneto, were very pricey. We peeked in and were not impressed, although we didn't see the rooms.)

Trevi Fountain/etc. are "downhill", so we wandered down there a lot, and then took a quick taxi back. (We sometimes asked the taxi driver to take us past a few specific locations, which didn't add too much to the cost.)

We hadn't noticed the Barocco, but I've just looked at the website, and it looks very nice.

and yes... there is a WONDERFUL restaurant down the side street.

It wasn't inexpensive, but a couple of times, it became the evening's entertainment, and we felt treated like family by the time we left.

(When we told them it was our last night in Rome, they kept bringing out more treats for us, and little drinks, and... we left totally stuffed and very happy :))

There was a good mix of locals and tourists.

I'll try to find the name.

GeezerCouple