Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

We've parked at Premier (1415 NE 2nd Ave) 5-6 times now and will be parking there again this weekend. Contact Chris. Here's his info:

Chris,

Premier Cruise Parking

800-435-3195

premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net

I prefer to email him because he follows up with a confirmation that we print and bring with us.

We've parked at Premier (1415 NE 2nd Ave) 5-6 times now and will be parking there again this weekend. Contact Chris. Here's his info:

Chris,

Premier Cruise Parking

800-435-3195

I prefer to email him because he follows up with a confirmation that we print and bring with us.

I appreciate you guys helping me with that info.

My head is hurting from the hours of searching I've been doing on this subject! I gather that the garage at 1415 NE 2nd Ave is being recommended. And another lot (also called Premier parking) is highly disliked per yelp and Travelocity...but has anyone used Port of Miami Cruise Parking: http://www.portofmiamicruiseparking.com/ticket/new

It is by far the cheapest option I've found (though they do charge for the shuttle to the ship so it would definitely have to be one of those "drop everyone off and the driver pays that extra fee" trip)....but any reviews on this lot?

Looks like I didn't update this after the fact. We did in fact use Port of Miami Cruise Parking and had no complaints whatsoever. My husband dropped us all off at the port and we waited while he took the car...he opted to walk to the port (about one mile) as there were a lot of people waiting for the shuttle. On the way back, three people had parked there so they shared a quick cab ride while the passengers all waited with the luggage. Worked out great and was nice to save a few dollars.

We parked at Premier (1415 NE 2nd Ave) again this past weekend for our weekend cruise on MSC Divina. I'm updating this with a new experience after having parked at this garage 6 or 7 times now.

It was Saturday morning when we arrived at about 10:30am. They would not start shuttling passengers to the port until 11am. So, we waited 30 minutes and formed a line of about 30 people on the 5th floor of the garage. They allowed us to fill the van just before 11am, but then we had to wait and wait and wait for a group of 3 to fill the last 3 seats. They would not take us to the port until those last 3 seats were full, and a party of 3 is atypical. After waiting a solid 10 minutes, which seems like FOREVER when just sitting in the van anxious to the get to the port, a party of 3 arrived, and we were on our way.

The ride to the port was uneventful, and our driver was fun, talkative and very friendly. When picked up after our cruise, our wait was maybe 5 minutes at the most. We stood on the curb, waving our blue piece of paper, and the driver scooped us up before swinging past NCL Sky to pick up a couple of people, and then taking us back to our car at the garage.

Even though they're now only shuttling people starting at 11am, I will still park here. Also, the price was $10/day, up from the days of paying $7-$8/day there. It's still a good price with friendly people, even though the vans are a bit beat up. My car is safe here!

Edited by TravlGrl

We parked at Premier (1415 NE 2nd Ave) again this past weekend for our weekend cruise on MSC Divina. I'm updating this with a new experience after having parked at this garage 6 or 7 times now.

It was Saturday morning when we arrived at about 10:30am. They would not start shuttling passengers to the port until 11am. So, we waited 30 minutes and formed a line of about 30 people on the 5th floor of the garage. They allowed us to fill the van just before 11am, but then we had to wait and wait and wait for a group of 3 to fill the last 3 seats. They would not take us to the port until those last 3 seats were full, and a party of 3 is atypical. After waiting a solid 10 minutes, which seems like FOREVER when just sitting in the van anxious to the get to the port, a party of 3 arrived, and we were on our way.

The ride to the port was uneventful, and our driver was fun, talkative and very friendly. When picked up after our cruise, our wait was maybe 5 minutes at the most. We stood on the curb, waving our blue piece of paper, and the driver scooped us up before swinging past NCL Sky to pick up a couple of people, and then taking us back to our car at the garage.

Even though they're now only shuttling people starting at 11am, I will still park here. Also, the price was $10/day, up from the days of paying $7-$8/day there. It's still a good price with friendly people, even though the vans are a bit beat up. My car is safe here!

Thanks for the update. We will be parking there on June 14th. I spoke with one of the staff on the phone today and they reaffirmed no shuttles will leave before 11 am to take people to the dock. I'm fine with that although I wonder how much a cab would be to get from the garage to the port.

Thanks for the update. We will be parking there on June 14th. I spoke with one of the staff on the phone today and they reaffirmed no shuttles will leave before 11 am to take people to the dock. I'm fine with that although I wonder how much a cab would be to get from the garage to the port.

This "no shuttles leaving before 11am" must be a better fit for their business model. When we first started parking there, we'd arrive at 10-10:15am and were shuttled at the time we arrived, but by ourselves or maybe with one other couple. I guess they're now streamlining it by not allowing drivers to leave any empty seats, and not leaving before 11am. The garage isn't far from the port, and I can't imagine it costing that much -- maybe $10? (I'm totally guessing!) I'm thinking $10 because Miami is expensive. But after you've paid for a $10 cab ride + $10 to park, you might as well just park right at the port.

This "no shuttles leaving before 11am" must be a better fit for their business model. When we first started parking there, we'd arrive at 10-10:15am and were shuttled at the time we arrived, but by ourselves or maybe with one other couple. I guess they're now streamlining it by not allowing drivers to leave any empty seats, and not leaving before 11am. The garage isn't far from the port, and I can't imagine it costing that much -- maybe $10? (I'm totally guessing!) I'm thinking $10 because Miami is expensive. But after you've paid for a $10 cab ride + $10 to park, you might as well just park right at the port.

The person I spoke with said it was easier for them to get all the disembarked passengers first then when it gets less hectic at the port they start taking the embarkation people. Was hoping to be on the first group to board the NCL Getaway but maybe we'll just get there a little later. I have read some posts where people got there around noon and boarded with in 30 minutes. I just want to get on and relax. Will be stressed until I get on the boat. Never been to POM before.

Accessbowtie, can you provide me with directions to tehe Premier lot at 1415 Northeast 2nd Ave, Miami heading south on I-95?

This is what I was provided with my reservation:

"DRIVING DIRECTIONS From I-95 north going Southbound Go south on I-95 to I-395 East to Miami Beach. Take the US1 Biscayne Blvd exit ramp 2B. Go down the ramp, turn left at light at bottom (NE 2nd Ave) and go 3 lights and the garage is on the right. Look for Premier Cruise Parking sign."

I have never been to the garage so this is the best I can do for you.

I'm guessing a GPS with current maps, a smart phone with a current maps app or Yahoo Maps or Google Maps will get you there just fine. Hope this helps.

They specifically say not to plug their address into your GPS or map program because there garage won't be located. They say to follow the directions specifically as above.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

They specifically say not to plug their address into your GPS or map program because there garage won't be located. They say to follow the directions specifically as above.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the heads up......we will us the directions as detailed....

• 4 months later...

We just came off of NCL Sky this morning, and parked at Premier Parking again. I think I've parked there 3 times since the last time I posted, and I must say that this most recent experience has me scratching my head a little.

When we dropped off the car Friday, there were 6 of us in the van all ready to head to the port. As we exited the parking garage...YES, EXITED the parking garage...the driver saw another car pulling in. We literally turned around, drove back up the Level 5, and waited for the group of 4 to fill the remaining 4 seats in the van. Ok, I understand that they have a business to run and want to fill as many seats as possible, but we were all packed in, and not only ready to go, but we were EXITING the garage! Unreal.

This morning, after arriving back into port, we followed our instructions on our blue piece of paper and walked to the parked shuttles that are not allowed to stop at Terminal B. The driver was napping (actually, pretty much all shuttle drivers from various companies were parked and napping). We woke up the driver, he loaded our luggage, and we were then on our way to pick up other passengers. The concern with this process is that there are TWO Premier Parking companies. As we walked to find our driver, another driver came over and said, "Premier Parking?" We said, "Yes". However, I've parked at this garage no less than 10 times now and I know what the vans look like (they're pretty beat up) and know what the drivers wear. They do not wear the uniforms this "other" Premier wears. So, we walked with him to his van and then told him this was the wrong company. If we were newbies, I can EASILY see how someone can be mistaken and hop on board the wrong van and go to the wrong Premier Parking garage.

Because this experience left us scratching our heads a bit (and the fact that they've increased their prices), I'm going to do some more research to see if there are any new off-site Miami parking options out there. We've been proponents of this garage in the past, and they're surely not terrible, but I'm going to see if anyone new has popped up since we started parking in Miami. I just want to find a professional lot like the lots in Ft. Lauderdale.

Will report back!

Edited by TravlGrl

• 2 weeks later...
We just came off of NCL Sky this morning, and parked at Premier Parking again. I think I've parked there 3 times since the last time I posted, and I must say that this most recent experience has me scratching my head a little.

When we dropped off the car Friday, there were 6 of us in the van all ready to head to the port. As we exited the parking garage...YES, EXITED the parking garage...the driver saw another car pulling in. We literally turned around, drove back up the Level 5, and waited for the group of 4 to fill the remaining 4 seats in the van. Ok, I understand that they have a business to run and want to fill as many seats as possible, but we were all packed in, and not only ready to go, but we were EXITING the garage! Unreal.

This morning, after arriving back into port, we followed our instructions on our blue piece of paper and walked to the parked shuttles that are not allowed to stop at Terminal B. The driver was napping (actually, pretty much all shuttle drivers from various companies were parked and napping). We woke up the driver, he loaded our luggage, and we were then on our way to pick up other passengers. The concern with this process is that there are TWO Premier Parking companies. As we walked to find our driver, another driver came over and said, "Premier Parking?" We said, "Yes". However, I've parked at this garage no less than 10 times now and I know what the vans look like (they're pretty beat up) and know what the drivers wear. They do not wear the uniforms this "other" Premier wears. So, we walked with him to his van and then told him this was the wrong company. If we were newbies, I can EASILY see how someone can be mistaken and hop on board the wrong van and go to the wrong Premier Parking garage.

Because this experience left us scratching our heads a bit (and the fact that they've increased their prices), I'm going to do some more research to see if there are any new off-site Miami parking options out there. We've been proponents of this garage in the past, and they're surely not terrible, but I'm going to see if anyone new has popped up since we started parking in Miami. I just want to find a professional lot like the lots in Ft. Lauderdale.

Will report back!

Hi TravlGirl. Did you find out anything about other parking options? I have been researching and researching and I was planning to book this Premier company (the good Premier, not the bad Premier - as if THAT is not confusing???),but then your review had me a bit nervous. Sailing in December on Carnival.

Thx!!

Yes and no. I went back and re - researched and there are no new players, unfortunately. So, we ended up booking with them again for our Getaway cruise in 2 weeks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Yes and no. I went back and re - researched and there are no new players, unfortunately. So, we ended up booking with them again for our Getaway cruise in 2 weeks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Do you book straight thru Premier, or some other like global airport parking? Is there a number to book with Premier directly. (used United airport parking and Global in the past for Premier)

Was there a weekly rate for the garage?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

http://globalairportparking.com/port_of_miami_seaport_parking_POM

Try this link, should be Premier on 2nd ave. The week I want is showing $9.00 per day. With tax $69.99 Sunday to Sunday. (Dang, should have booked last month, it was less than $8.00 per day)

Do you book straight thru Premier, or some other like global airport parking? Is there a number to book with Premier directly. (used United airport parking and Global in the past for Premier)

The first few times we parked there we booked through Global. Then, someone on this thread shared the contact info to book direct with Premier, so we've booked direct probably the last 6-7 times now. They don't have a website (which always concerns me), but we just send an email to Chris in Reservations and usually hear back within 1 day. Here is the contact info:

Chris,

Reservation Dept.

Premier Cruise Parking

800-435-3195

http://globalairportparking.com/port_of_miami_seaport_parking_POM

Try this link, should be Premier on 2nd ave. The week I want is showing $9.00 per day. With tax $69.99 Sunday to Sunday. (Dang, should have booked last month, it was less than $8.00 per day)

Yeah, the last few times we've parked there we've been charged $9/day. When we first started parking there it was $7/day. At first I thought those were seasonal rates, but I think they're actual rate increases.

The first few times we parked there we booked through Global. Then, someone on this thread shared the contact info to book direct with Premier, so we've booked direct probably the last 6-7 times now. They don't have a website (which always concerns me), but we just send an email to Chris in Reservations and usually hear back within 1 day. Here is the contact info:

Chris,

Reservation Dept.

Premier Cruise Parking

800-435-3195

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and good day to all; I have read several post here reguarding parking My wife and I will be taking our First ever cruise out of Miami in Dec. and we will be driving to florida from Virgina the reason is we are driving such a long way is we will also be going to key west after the cruise for a week and then stopping at other places on the way back home it is our 25 years wedding trip for us. and so since I have never been to miami and I know nothing about the area and as for saving money thats all and good but I also do not mind spending extra for safety and closeness to the ship, as a matter of fact the closer the better. we are now retired and have lots of time for each other now. so any and all info would be great, our travel person said we could park at the port it self but from what I think I am reading it sounds like a good bit of money, to be honest I want mind spending as long as she'll feel safe and we don't have to hall the bags around so I will look forward for some help thanks in advance Zack :)

Chris,

Reservation Dept.

Premier Cruise Parking

800-435-3195

They have a website.

http://premiercruiseparking.com/