Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

As I noted earlier in this thread, the pick-up area is a zoo. There are dozens of ground transportation companies, cabs and individuals dropping people off and picking them up in the same area. You have to walk over to the "Ground Transportation" at your terminal and keep your eyes peeled for the Premier van - make sure you get a good look at it at the start of your cruise. It may stop anywhere in the ground transportation zone. They do not charge extra for the transfer to or from the garage. Tipping the staff a few bucks is appropriate.

Alternatively, it is a fairly short cab ride back to the garage. If I had to wait longer than the 30 minutes or so, I'd pay a taxi.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was just going to say the same thing. We've parked in this garage 3 times now, and have always had to wait a significant time for pick-up (never 90 minutes though! :eek::eek:). I'd be really upset about that too! Our shortest wait was 15 minutes, and our longest wait was 30 minutes. Our next cruise out of MIA is a quick little 2-nighter, so we'll probably park at the port for that one, but will always choose this garage for a cruise of 5 nights or longer.

The lot at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. was easy to find..........totally unacceptable!There needs to be an adequate number of vans and drivers when five ships arrive in port on the same day.

I agree. I have recommended this lot on this forum and business has really picked up. It is time for the owner to add another van, please.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked the garage for our back to back on the Divina in May.

I called the 800#, they took my name, email, cell phone #, and told me they'd email me instructions where to go, etc.

The cost was $126. for 14 days, ($9. a day) considering the Port would want $280., its a good deal.:D

The Divina comes in at 7am, and we'll carry off our own luggage, so hoping the shuttle to the car won't be a problem!:confused:

And yes, the Port of Miami has changed their $0. for handicap parking since Nov. 2013 to match the State, if you don't get the Handicap toll waiver, 'you're paying $20. a day'!

• 2 weeks later...

As I've stated earlier in this thread, we've parked here 3-4 times now. I just called this morning to obtain pricing for next weekend as we decided to squeeze in a 3-nighter. They quoted us $10/day. We've previously paid $8/day and $9/day. I did not book, as I'm weighing the cost savings with the ease of parking at the port. While I realize $10/day is still cheaper, I'm frugal, and I would have booked immediately at $8/day or $9/day. I'm thinking more about the principle of their quick price increases for some, and not for others. It has me annoyed! :cool:

We booked the garage for our back to back on the Divina in May.

And yes, the Port of Miami has changed their $0. for handicap parking since Nov. 2013 to match the State, if you don't get the Handicap toll waiver, 'you're paying $20. a day'!

Russian Bear, My wife's husband is disabled and they will be flying to Miami and we will pick them up at the airport in our car and transport the 4 of us to the port. We were going to split the parking fee 50/50. If he brings his handicapped sticker to hang in our car to offset the $160.00 Port of Miami parking fee?

Russian Bear, My wife's husband is disabled and they will be flying to Miami and we will pick them up at the airport in our car and transport the 4 of us to the port. We were going to split the parking fee 50/50. If he brings his handicapped sticker to hang in our car to offset the $160.00 Port of Miami parking fee?

The details are on the Port of Miami's website: http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp

For Disabled Persons

Notice to Disabled Parking Patrons (Effective November 16, 2013 at 12:01 a.m.)

Based on Ordinance 13-104 That Amends Section 30-338.2 of the Miami–Dade County Code;

Public parking charges will apply to vehicles parking at PortMiami’s public parking facilities that display a disabled parking permit or license tag, except as provided by Florida state law*. However, a vehicle displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag will be allowed up to two (2) hours of free parking. Any vehicle exceeding the two-hour free parking period will be charged for the entire time the vehicle uses the facility.

*In accordance with Florida state law, no parking charges will be imposed on any vehicle with specialized equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls, for use by a person with a disability, or any vehicle displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit.

How to request complimentary disabled parking at PortMiami:

• At the exit, advise the parking attendant that you would like a disability waiver of parking.
  • The parking attendant will examine your vehicle to determine if the driver/vehicle meets the criteria for a parking waiver.
  • The parking attendant will inspect the vehicle to determine if a Florida Turnpike Toll Exemption sticker is affixed to it and/or if the vehicle has specialized equipment and a hanging tag from the Division of Motor Vehicles verifying the equipment.
  • Once the parking attendant has verified that a disability waiver of parking is allowable, the driver's name, address and the registration number on the sticker or hanging tag will be recorded on a form by the parking attendant.

Just back this morning after having parked at this garage. I think this was our 4th time at Premier's garage, and of all, this was the most smooth return operation. We only waited 10 minutes for the van to bring us back to the garage. I do feel like some of it was "luck" though. We were at terminal G which is the LAST terminal before leaving the port. This means the vans have already picked up everyone at the previous terminals, so the odds are not in our favor that there will be any room left in the van. Well, we got lucky today as the driver squished us in (we are average sized, but if we were large people, we wouldn't have fit) to the last two spots in the van, and we made our way to the garage.

I also believe that the time of the morning makes a big difference. We got to the curb at 8:55am and were picked up at 9:05am, so we were a little later than most, IMHO.

All in all, this option is still a good one for those not wanting to park at the port.

Travlgrl - was that the lot at 8300?

I'm cruising 3/14 and debating the Port Parking vs off site. I want to save money but not if it's not a safe location or going to have a bad experience. I certainly would not want to wait 1.5 hrs or more for pick up. Thanks

Travlgrl - was that the lot at 8300?

I'm cruising 3/14 and debating the Port Parking vs off site. I want to save money but not if it's not a safe location or going to have a bad experience. I certainly would not want to wait 1.5 hrs or more for pick up. Thanks

No, this is the garage located at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. It is a covered garage up to the 5th floor. Above that is not covered, but regardless, it's a garage (not a lot). I hope that helps!

No, this is the garage located at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. It is a covered garage up to the 5th floor. Above that is not covered, but regardless, it's a garage (not a lot). I hope that helps!

THANK YOU for your reports. We were considering this garage for our April 19-26 Celebrity Reflection cruise. Glad you had a positive experience. We can park at our hotel in Miami Springs for $12 per night and they provide free shuttle to port but charge $10pp to return to hotel, so I guess we will have to weigh our options.

Grace

THANK YOU for your reports. We were considering this garage for our April 19-26 Celebrity Reflection cruise. Glad you had a positive experience. We can park at our hotel in Miami Springs for $12 per night and they provide free shuttle to port but charge $10pp to return to hotel, so I guess we will have to weigh our options.

Grace

You may want to contact Premier to find out what they'll charge during that timeframe. We've paid $8, $9, and now $10 per night, but I'm unclear if those are rate hikes or if they are seasonal rates. Anyway, just something to consider. :)

My head is hurting from the hours of searching I've been doing on this subject! I gather that the garage at 1415 NE 2nd Ave is being recommended. And another lot (also called Premier parking) is highly disliked per yelp and Travelocity...but has anyone used Port of Miami Cruise Parking: http://www.portofmiamicruiseparking.com/ticket/new

It is by far the cheapest option I've found (though they do charge for the shuttle to the ship so it would definitely have to be one of those "drop everyone off and the driver pays that extra fee" trip)....but any reviews on this lot?

My head is hurting from the hours of searching I've been doing on this subject! I gather that the garage at 1415 NE 2nd Ave is being recommended. And another lot (also called Premier parking) is highly disliked per yelp and Travelocity...but has anyone used Port of Miami Cruise Parking: http://www.portofmiamicruiseparking.com/ticket/new

It is by far the cheapest option I've found (though they do charge for the shuttle to the ship so it would definitely have to be one of those "drop everyone off and the driver pays that extra fee" trip)....but any reviews on this lot?

Ooops! I see this same question was asked back on Page 15..."shady looking place" was the response. Well, I'm leaving the decision up to the husband. Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

We parked with Safe Cruise Parking during our cruise on 3/2 - 3/9/2014. It was the old Premier lot before the 2013 disgruntled employee incident. This company does NOT keep your keys. There was a short wait on the shuttle to the ship as well as after the cruise. They gave us large colored stickers to identify us through the throngs of off loaded passengers in a designated area. It seemed to work well as we were picked out of the crowd immediately straight to an awaiting van. They also loaded our luggage at both points. A lot with a six foot chain link fence topped with barbed wire and advertised security checks. Not the best area with hordes of homeless down the street. However, our vehicle was in excellent condition just as we'd left it. I-95 North ramp about two blocks away. $7.99 @ day.

When you use the Globalairportparking.com site, you are offered several parking options, safe garage self parking, valet parking, and I believe a parking lot, which we have driven to see, and it is not all that safe....the self parking garage has always been 1415 E.2nd Avenue, which is off Biscayne Blvd. It is next to the Board of Education and it is clearly marking with a "Cruise Parking" sign. Parking begins on the 5th floor, we usually park on the roof top...secure.

Thanks

We parked with Safe Cruise Parking during our cruise on 3/2 - 3/9/2014. It was the old Premier lot before the 2013 disgruntled employee incident. This company does NOT keep your keys. There was a short wait on the shuttle to the ship as well as after the cruise. They gave us large colored stickers to identify us through the throngs of off loaded passengers in a designated area. It seemed to work well as we were picked out of the crowd immediately straight to an awaiting van. They also loaded our luggage at both points. A lot with a six foot chain link fence topped with barbed wire and advertised security checks. Not the best area with hordes of homeless down the street. However, our vehicle was in excellent condition just as we'd left it. I-95 North ramp about two blocks away. $7.99 @ day.

Interesting. I wonder if Blue Herons has any personal information vis-a-vis this facility?

• 1 month later...

I called the phone number provided for the parking garage at 1415 2nd ave and after telling them that many friends highly recommended this place he quoted me $36 to park from 5/12 - 5/16. Thanks guys! :D

Just wanted to let everyone know that my experience using Premier Parking, The one with the parking garage on 2nd st...went very well. We arrived after driving straight down from Bradenton around 11:40 AM last Saturday and drove to the 5th level as instructed. There was a line of people about 5 deep standing with their luggage off to the side as we made the last bend to the top level parking space. An employee approached us and told us that just around the last bend at the top level there would be a gentleman to show us where to park. There was we parked and were instructed to take our luggage and stand with the others. By the time we got back to the line one of the vans had already come back and were starting to load people's luggage in the back of the van. It was apparent that we weren't going to make that van but no worries because the next one pulled up behind him and we got on that one. The young man looked tired but he hoisted all of our bags into the back of the van and us and about 4 others were off to the port. It seemed very close to the port but so congested as they always are, I was glad my hubby didn't have to drive into the port. When we got there he unloaded us and the luggage in a small parking area just across the service road that fronts the terminal. The driver instructed us to meet him in this same area when we get off the ship and he gave us a piece of blue paper that we were to bring with us for the trip back.We gave the driver a couple of dollar tip and carried our luggage basically across the street to the curb of the terminal and into the hands of the porters, whom we also tipped. I believe we were inside the port terminal checking in for our cruise by 12:00.

This morning we disembarked the ship at about 8:20 and when we walked over to that parking area it was a little crowded with various mini vans. My hubby told me to stand there with our luggage and he walked around and found our driver parked in the far back left side. He waved me over and we were happy that we didn't have to stress too long about where he was or when he was coming. A nice young family of 4 were just behind us and were followed by another older couple and another single man. Again like the trip over the driver handled all the luggage and opened the doors for us to get in. He took us all the way up to the top level to unload right behind our car which was nice. Again a few dollars for a tip and we were on our way and on the highway by 9:00.

Any questions? Just ask I'll see if I can help you...Basically we were very happy with them and will use them again.

Edited by kimala

Yes it was Chris...Another thing I found out is that regarding making the payment for your parking. You have two options. Either you can pay with a credit card ahead of time or you can pay in cash the day you arrive. I chose to pay ahead of time by calling Chris on an 800#. I paid on a Friday afternoon and he E mailed me a receipt on Monday. I made a copy of the receipt and brought it with me incase there was any question. There wasn't everything went smoothly.

stay away from premierparking...at 8300 nw 7th avenue Miami, fl...horrible, 45 minutes waiting for shuttle, none showed, decided to get my car back and pay the money at the port of Miami...lot of unhappy people...read all the reviews on trip advisor...stay away...trust me...I am not a complainer...but this is worth complaining about, and not a good way to start a cruise