Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure - parking anywhere else will likely not be covered, will not be as convenient (even if the shuttle is on time), and for sure will not be as secure. :eek:

It's your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

The Premier Cruise Parking at 1415 NE 2nd Ave has half covered and the other half uncovered. First come first served. At least it's in a parking garage in a better part of town and no homeless camps nearby.

Again, I posted extensive Yelp reviews of the place here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/premier-cruise-parking-port-of-miami-miami

Edited by aSiAnRiCk

Want to follow this thread. Am trying to decide between safecruiseparking.com and miamiparkinglots.com. Any ideas?

This sounds new and not discussed before....interested unless it is the same place just renamed but that one did not have a shuttle service or a restroom. I only looked at safecruiseparking.com so far.. Would love to find a safe place like Ft. Lauderdale's instead of paying the 20 per day at the port.

• 4 weeks later...
I cruised out of Miami in March 2014 and used Premier Cruise Parking (the pink building at 1415 NE 2nd street) and had no problems. This year the rate is $47 for 4 nights, and $44 after applying the discount code.

Is this place still working out for everyone?

We've parked there 3 more times this year so far, but honestly, the last 2 times I saw some changes that caused us to park at the port when we sailed on a 3-nighter last weekend. Overall, we've probably parked at Premier 15 times over the last few years.

For the last several months (maybe even a year now) they will not start transporting you to the port until 11am, and when everyone arrives at 11am, you may not make it on the first van. The times we experienced this we were on the 2nd or 3rd vans, even when arriving at 10:45 (just to wait in line for the van). We like to arrive to the port early, so 11am is later than we like, though it's still not bad, but I just don't like waiting in the parking garage for a van.

When arriving back to the port from our cruise, if it's on a Monday, I typically must get to the office that morning. The last time around, we had to hunt down the van, and wake up the driver who was parked in a lot. We must have arrived to the curb earlier than expected, but how frustrating. Once we were on board, he started the route and we picked up everyone at all terminals waiting along the way.

When we first starting parking here a few years ago, Premier was the best of a lot of crappy options in Miami. There still aren't any better options for the price (though Premier continues to raise prices), and I do continue to research if there are any new options out there, but they are probably now only an option for us on a 7-nighter or longer. The ease of parking at the port last weekend was SO WORTH the $20/night on a 3-nighter. Our quote from premier directly was $48 (for only 3 nights) or $60 at the port, so we chose the port. Prices at Premier are seasonal and based on availability so it will fluctuate.

Edited by TravlGrl

We've parked there 3 more times this year so far, but honestly, the last 2 times I saw some changes that caused us to park at the port when we sailed on a 3-nighter last weekend. Overall, we've probably parked at Premier 15 times over the last few years.

For the last several months (maybe even a year now) they will not start transporting you to the port until 11am, and when everyone arrives at 11am, you may not make it on the first van. The times we experienced this we were on the 2nd or 3rd vans, even when arriving at 10:45 (just to wait in line for the van). We like to arrive to the port early, so 11am is later than we like, though it's still not bad, but I just don't like waiting in the parking garage for a van.

When arriving back to the port from our cruise, if it's on a Monday, I typically must get to the office that morning. The last time around, we had to hunt down the van, and wake up the driver who was parked in a lot. We must have arrived to the curb earlier than expected, but how frustrating. Once we were on board, he started the route and we picked up everyone at all terminals waiting along the way.

When we first starting parking here a few years ago, Premier was the best of a lot of crappy options in Miami. There still aren't any better options for the price (though Premier continues to raise prices), and I do continue to research if there are any new options out there, but they are probably now only an option for us on a 7-nighter or longer. The ease of parking at the port last weekend was SO WORTH the $20/night on a 3-nighter. Our quote from premier directly was $48 (for only 3 nights) or $60 at the port, so we chose the port. Prices at Premier are seasonal and based on availability so it will fluctuate.

I know the feeling. Parked there several times with no issues. The last time we had to wait until 11am for the van (we were there at 10am) and departure, we waited a long time for the van. When the van came, we left over crowded. My husband and I shared the single passenger front seat.

Next trip will probably bite the bullet and park at the port.

I know the feeling. Parked there several times with no issues. The last time we had to wait until 11am for the van (we were there at 10am) and departure, we waited a long time for the van. When the van came, we left over crowded. My husband and I shared the single passenger front seat.

Next trip will probably bite the bullet and park at the port.

So it wasn't just us, then! I'm thinking they are just getting so busy, but they haven't added any vans. Nevertheless, they only have so many parking spots, so I guess growth really can't happen. I must say that after we came in from our cruise this past Monday it was SO nice to just walk across to Terminal G parking, hop in our car, and leave easily. I guess we just need to start budgeting more for parking as part of our travels. :(

• 1 month later...

:confused: I'm new to Cruise Critic and feeling somewhat frustrated. I am unable to find a current - last 6 months - review of the parking lots near the Carnival terminal in Miami. I'm traveling with my 9 year old granddaughter the end of October and want parking to be close and safe and offer a shuttle! Any suggestions?

:confused: I'm new to Cruise Critic and feeling somewhat frustrated. I am unable to find a current - last 6 months - review of the parking lots near the Carnival terminal in Miami. I'm traveling with my 9 year old granddaughter the end of October and want parking to be close and safe and offer a shuttle! Any suggestions?

Close and safe are good objectives - park at the port and you won't even need a shuttle! It is $20 a day but it fits your requirements which most off-site lots do not (just do a search on this Board to find various horror stories and warnings).

I worked in downtown Miami for the past 11 years and I personally would NOT use an off site parking facility. My suggestion is to budget the $20 per day to park at the terminal in front of the ship and forget about having to get a shuttle. We pay the $20 per day just for the convenience and safety of the port garages. If you can pay $$ for a cruise, it's worth a few more $ to be safe and have your vehicle right there when you get back (with all 4 tires still intact). Yes, lots of people say they have had no problems in all the years they've been parking at one of the off site places but I wouldn't leave my car at any of them for an hour in broad daylight let alone while on a cruise. Miami just ain't what it used to be.....

• 2 weeks later...

When we used Premier, our car was safe enough, but we waited for the shuttle to the port for 90 minutes. Five ships were in port that day, and they only had 2 vans running, even though everyone had booked in advance so they should have known how many people they needed to transport. The line snaked all the way down one level of the parking garage to the next level. We arrived at the garage before 12:00 and did not get to the ship until a little after 1:30. Some people even walked to the street and called a cab to take them to the port. Parking at the port is more expensive, but I will never use Premier again. After paying the price of a cruise, saving $40 to $50 is not worth the anxiety we felt as we watched the time tick closer and closer to sailing time, and we still stood in line at the parking garage!

• 1 month later...

We always use Premier Parking for POM. But, the last time 11/29/2015, we waited just under 2 hours in the hot sun to get to the ship. We should have just paid a taxi to take us. They only had 2 shuttles to take 100's of people and their luggage. Then when we got back, they had one guy blocked in with one of the vans????

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to post a quick review of Premier Parking. We did park on the 5th level of a parking garage. We got there at noon. We waited 15 minutes for a shuttle (there was a short line) and then when we got back to port we waited almost exactly 30 minutes for them to pick us up. We just followed the directions on the sheet and did not call, as they requested. It was very simple and I felt safe the entire time. It was worth the $40 savings for a 5 day cruise.

Just wanted to post a quick review of Premier Parking. We did park on the 5th level of a parking garage. We got there at noon. We waited 15 minutes for a shuttle (there was a short line) and then when we got back to port we waited almost exactly 30 minutes for them to pick us up. We just followed the directions on the sheet and did not call, as they requested. It was very simple and I felt safe the entire time. It was worth the $40 savings for a 5 day cruise.

Just because you felt safe doesn't mean you were safe.

I would never wait 30 minutes for a shuttle free or not.

Just because you felt safe doesn't mean you were safe.

I would never wait 30 minutes for a shuttle free or not.

Others asked for my review once I got back. If you don't want to use them, don't. I don't know about you, but I don't make $40+ an hour in my current job, so saving $40+ for basically 45 minutes is worth it to me. Different strokes for different folks.

• 2 years later...
Also wondering about miamiparkinglots.

Thanks

All the locals on this thread are telling people not to park off site in Miami but to park at the port.

The people who have had good experiences parking off site are lucky. No other word for it.

Park at the port.

This thread was started in 2009. Nothing has changed. We moved away from Miami over 2 years ago to get away from the big city madness. The bigger it gets, the more the crime. Granted, downtown is going thru revitalization but I still wouldn't leave my car in any of the off pier locations. Unfortunately, those have changed little. If you value your car and it's contents, park at the pier. What's a few dollars compared to filing an insurance claim on your car?

This thread was started in 2009. Nothing has changed. We moved away from Miami over 2 years ago to get away from the big city madness. The bigger it gets, the more the crime. Granted, downtown is going thru revitalization but I still wouldn't leave my car in any of the off pier locations. Unfortunately, those have changed little. If you value your car and it's contents, park at the pier. What's a few dollars compared to filing an insurance claim on your car?

I totally agree...you have to see it to believe it....that is why we like to leave out of Ft. Lauderdale where they do have safe off site parking.