Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

There is a website which says they are the closest parking lot to the Port of Miami. Their website is: www.PortofMiamiCruiseParking.com and they charge $6.00 per day. You can go to the website and pay in advance and then owe nothing when you pick up the car.

They say they are within walking distance and their lot has a perimeter fence. Has anyone tried this?

Yes, we have used them when it was $4.50/day. Not fancy, and not all fenced, and a bit seedy. They are at least a mile from the closest terminal, more to the furthest ones. Don't walk. They had a shuttle for $3pp round trip. I dropped the family at the ship then drove back and took the shuttle without any bags. AOK. But there is a better, safer ramp @ 1415 NE 2nd Ave for $8/day which we have used our last two trips. Email owner direct @ premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net , or check my previous posts, phone is 800-435-3195.

There is a website which says they are the closest parking lot to the Port of Miami. Their website is: www.PortofMiamiCruiseParking.com and they charge $6.00 per day. You can go to the website and pay in advance and then owe nothing when you pick up the car.

They say they are within walking distance and their lot has a perimeter fence. Has anyone tried this?

Hi,

We did a lot of research on this and found just one offsite parking option that looks worthwhile. The hotel stay-shuttle option would work but it doesn't save you much.

We are parking at a garage that I booked through GlobalAirportParking dot com. We paid about $60 for the week. I think the rates may be slightly higher now. You can get their best rate if you contact them directly at:

800-435-3195 or

premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net

If you do this, specify the garage at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. There are several lots and companies with similar names. This is the only offsite parking I found that seemed safe and without a torrent of complaints on this and other web sites.

We leave Saturday and I will share our experience after we return.

I hope this is helpful.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the info. The Port of Miami Cruise Parking, is apparently a sponsor of cruise critic or at least that's what it says on here. Their address and phone number are listed as follows: 150 NE 7th St, Miami, Florida 33132. + 800 564 5108.

If I don't hear good things I will just park at the POM at $20/day. The global place sounds too scary based on a lot of info on hear. This site I have heard nothing until now. Thank you for your help.

Thanks for the info. The Port of Miami Cruise Parking, is apparently a sponsor of cruise critic or at least that's what it says on here. Their address and phone number are listed as follows: 150 NE 7th St, Miami, Florida 33132. + 800 564 5108.

If I don't hear good things I will just park at the POM at $20/day. The global place sounds too scary based on a lot of info on hear. This site I have heard nothing until now. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome.

I have checked the Miami-Dade police department's crime map several times over the last 10 months or so. I don't have the link handy but you can find it easily.

I found there were no crimes reported at the parking garage we are using at 14th & 2nd over the past year. (I think it is worth noting the site we are using is a garage, not a lot. It is locked at night.) There have been a few crimes reported within a block or two.

The crime map shows dozens of crimes reported at the official cruise terminal garages. Thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of people use those garages every week so that is an extremely tiny percentage. But still, it's hard to beat zero.

I wouldn't use the other offsite lots in the area. They have scores of complaints on many sites like this and TripAdvisor, and the crime map is frankly disturbing for them.

Also worth noting: we are really talking about $80 +/- difference and some minimal convenience issues. Your peace of mind while enjoying your cruise is much more important. Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Edited by Theologator

We used the garage at 1415 NE 2nd Ave for a Dec 7th cruise. Made our reservations on the phone (800#). Arrived around noon and within 10 to 15 minutes we were on the way to the ship. We disembarked with the early crowd, and maybe had to wait 30 minutes for a shuttle to pick us up. We were at the end of the port as the traffic goes so that may have contributed to the delay. The overall experience was not bad.

Would use again.

You're welcome.

I have checked the Miami-Dade police department's crime map several times over the last 10 months or so. I don't have the link handy but you can find it easily.

I found there were no crimes reported at the parking garage we are using at 14th & 2nd over the past year. (I think it is worth noting the site we are using is a garage, not a lot. It is locked at night.) There have been a few crimes reported within a block or two.

The crime map shows dozens of crimes reported at the official cruise terminal garages. Thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of people use those garages every week so that is an extremely tiny percentage. But still, it's hard to beat zero.

I wouldn't use the other offsite lots in the area. They have scores of complaints on many sites like this and TripAdvisor, and the crime map is frankly disturbing for them.

Also worth noting: we are really talking about $80 +/- difference and some minimal convenience issues. Your peace of mind while enjoying your cruise is much more important. Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Anyone know if any of these places will take a mobility scooter on the van??

D

Probably not, I've never seen a van that wasn't packed with luggage. But, you should ask the parking people before booking. Why not get dropped off at the ship?

PS- I think there is free handicap parking right at the Port of Miami garage. Check it out!

Edited by neptuno

Well that would explain a number of things and why it is best to google this. Thanks for telling us.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what type of shuttle is provided? Is it a regular van or a mini-bus type of thing?

Thanks

We have parked at three different off-port lots, and all the vans were fairly beat up and crowded. After our first experience, I just dropped off my family at the port then returned on my own. The lots are very close, maybe 30 minutes with wait til full. Now I just use the ramp at 1415 NE 2nd Ave for $8/day total. The beat up vans have been quick and easy.

I just make a reservation directly with the operator for the parking structure at 1415 NE 2nd Avenue via premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net and was quoted $10/day. Payment (cash only) is due at time of parking - they didn't ask for pre-payment. Hmmm... I wonder why this is a higher rate than what people reported above.

They informed me that they are 1.1 miles away from the port. I figured if the return shuttle is running behind, I can always walk to my vehicle and return to my spouse waiting for me at POM with our luggage. Or pay $10 for a cab if the weather is lousy.

I appreciate everyone's feedback above. What a great community!

I just make a reservation directly with the operator for the parking structure at 1415 NE 2nd Avenue via premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net and was quoted $10/day. Payment (cash only) is due at time of parking - they didn't ask for pre-payment. Hmmm... I wonder why this is a higher rate than what people reported above...

That is the ramp I have been recommending; they must have raised their pricing. I reserved a spot for Christmas, and was quoted $8 back in November; when I arrived the attendant tried to charge me $63($9x7days). Eventually he was able to look up my resevation on his smart phone and honored the $8 reservation. Be sure to take a copy of your reservation quote. But at $10 I would rather try the open lot nearby for half that cost, as we always have to park on top of the ramp in the sun anyway. This ramp is still just half of $20/day that the port charges. I think the pricing is seasonal and market driven.

thanks for all the updates on the parking at 1415 NE 2nd Avenue.....seems better than other lots and at half the price of the port? well we might have to use them for our cruise in March. Has anyone who parked there recently able to give the latest review? I think I'll talk to the husband and see what he thinks.

Do all of these lots in require an advance reservation?

Best to reserve, especially during peak season. The ramp on 2nd Ave NE does fill up; I was turned away once even with a booking through the middleman 'Global Parking'. Now I book direct with the owner to avoid any confusion. I was able to find surface lot parking without a reservation that one time. The surface lot was much less money but not top shelf, not recommended for luxury vehicles.

We are just back from our cruise. We did use the garage at 1415 NE 2nd Ave (contact info is listed earlier in this thread.). The total cost for us was just under $60 for a 7-day cruise.

Arrival

The garage was easy to find and they had people stationed at various points to guide us up to the top level. While some spaces are covered, most are on the top level of the garage. One should not expect covered parking - and there seemed no way in place to reserve it. The garage is very obviously safe, especially up on the 5th floor.

We had to trundle our bags 40-50 feet to join the queue for the next van. The vans are basic, 12-passenger with luggage space in the back. It appeared they have 2 vans. We waited 15-20 minutes. It was a breezy 75-ish so the wait was pleasant. The trip to the port was very quick. Curb side drop-off was very handy and seemed an advantage over wrestling bags from the terminal parking unless you were very close.

The Return

Terminal G was a zoo. Celebrity let us disembark at 8:50am, so we wound up getting through customs and to the curb around 9:45. By then, there were hundreds on the terminal curb awaiting their ground transportation. And early birds were starting to arrive. The array of cabs, vans, private vehicles and buses was intense and confusing. I imagine it would be worse at Terminal F which had 2 Carnival ships plus airport connections for Miami and Ft. Lauderdale all together. We quickly found the Premier van but it was full. The driver called in to HQ and let them know we were there.

We had to wait another 30 minutes or so. That felt like forever but it really wasn't very long. Several other Premier customers happened along, but there was only room for 4 in the next van. I don't think finding them would be any harder than finding any other transportation.

As it turned out, we discovered we had a dead battery when we got to our car. With an hour wait for AAA, the attendants directed my wife to a bathroom in an adjacent office building. That was kind.

I would definitely use them again.

Hello,

Im from Brazil and im going to miami to do a cruise to bahamas, i read this tread about parking and reserved the 1415 NE 2nd Ave parking, on Reservation they send me an atachement with Driver Directions, in this document syas for not use a gps System becuse not work well to this adress, plz anyone thats really know the parking, can post a link of Google Street view thats show de parking entrace??

Tkx!

Hello,

Im from Brazil and im going to miami to do a cruise to bahamas, i read this tread about parking and reserved the 1415 NE 2nd Ave parking, on Reservation they send me an atachement with Driver Directions, in this document syas for not use a gps System becuse not work well to this adress, plz anyone thats really know the parking, can post a link of Google Street view thats show de parking entrace??

Tkx!

This is the Google street view, but it looks a little different now as that paint job has faded. The lot was easy for us to find. The entrance is right on NE 2nd Ave, just north of 14th Street on the east side of the road. There is a huge mural of a crowd of people, mainly black & white, on the south side of the building. You should see a small sign on the sidewalk that says "cruise parking", kind if like the one in the picture.

Esta é a vista da rua do Google, mas parece um pouco diferente agora, como esse trabalho de pintura desapareceu. O lote foi fácil para nós encontrar. A entrada é direito no NE 2nd Ave, ao norte da 14th Street, no lado leste da estrada. Há uma enorme mural de uma multidão de pessoas, principalmente em preto e branco, no lado sul do edifício. Você deverá ver uma pequena placa na calçada que diz "estacionamento de cruzeiro", tipo se como a da foto.

ImageUploadedByForums1390220119.355356.jpg.82c430a3a687b41b896f010f9b408a8a.jpg

The lot at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. was easy to find and in reasonably good condition.

I didn't mind having to park outside the covered area and the van left for the cruise ship terminal as soon as it was full. The attendant was courteous and assisted with the luggage.

However, the return trip from the cruise terminal soured my overall opinion of their operation. After an hour and one-half wait and many phone calls to Premier, a van arrived for the two of us and four other passengers - totally unacceptable!

There needs to be an adequate number of vans and drivers when five ships arrive in port on the same day.

The lot at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. was easy to find and in reasonably good condition.

I didn't mind having to park outside the covered area and the van left for the cruise ship terminal as soon as it was full. The attendant was courteous and assisted with the luggage.

However, the return trip from the cruise terminal soured my overall opinion of their operation. After an hour and one-half wait and many phone calls to Premier, a van arrived for the two of us and four other passengers - totally unacceptable!

There needs to be an adequate number of vans and drivers when five ships arrive in port on the same day.

Hi everyone,

First time cruiser here, Just wanted to say thanks a million for all of your posts. I have been researching Miami parking options for a couple of days now and this forum helped me tremendously.

My question about the offsite lot mentioned (1415 NE 2nd Ave) is how do you know where to pick up the shuttle vans and in addition, do they charge any fees?

Thanks again for ALL of you help.

TCruizer

Charlotte, NC

Hi everyone,

First time cruiser here, Just wanted to say thanks a million for all of your posts. I have been researching Miami parking options for a couple of days now and this forum helped me tremendously.

My question about the offsite lot mentioned (1415 NE 2nd Ave) is how do you know where to pick up the shuttle vans and in addition, do they charge any fees?

Thanks again for ALL of you help.

TCruizer

Charlotte, NC

As I noted earlier in this thread, the pick-up area is a zoo. There are dozens of ground transportation companies, cabs and individuals dropping people off and picking them up in the same area. You have to walk over to the "Ground Transportation" at your terminal and keep your eyes peeled for the Premier van - make sure you get a good look at it at the start of your cruise. It may stop anywhere in the ground transportation zone. They do not charge extra for the transfer to or from the garage. Tipping the staff a few bucks is appropriate.

Alternatively, it is a fairly short cab ride back to the garage. If I had to wait longer than the 30 minutes or so, I'd pay a taxi.