Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

Has any one used Global Airport Parking/Premiere and had more than 4 passengers? We will have 5 and when I try to book the reservation it only allows up to 4 passengers. I was wondering if I select 4 and have 5 would it matter? Would the shuttle not take the 5th person?:confused:

Has any one used Global Airport Parking/Premiere and had more than 4 passengers? We will have 5 and when I try to book the reservation it only allows up to 4 passengers. I was wondering if I select 4 and have 5 would it matter? Would the shuttle not take the 5th person?:confused:

Wow that is lame. Maybe they charge for the 5th person. I don't know why they wouldn't take the 5th person but I haven't used the place.

:) We had a great experience with Premiere Parking out of Miami. The location was no more than 1 mile from the Cruise port. The parking rate was very reasonable ~$8 per day. The lot is outside, but it is surrounded by a fence. The bus had us to and from the port in no more than 10 minutes. We did not have to wait around to be picked up for more than 5 minutes coming or going. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.:)

Palmtreecruiser: when we booked with globalairportparking.com, we had 5 passengers...I called the company, I was told to give the driver an additional $8.00 for the additional person (each way). This was much easier than going to the port to drop off passengers...:)

Thanks!:)

Jamon: the shuttle picks up people at the port starting at 7:30 am. That is why they don't begin taking passengers TO the ship until 11:30 am. It would make more sense to take passengers to the ship the same time they are picking up people from the ship, but it would slow up the process...

Chris

I agree that it makes more sense to take passengers back with them and it really wouldn't add that much more time. 11:30 is just too late for us, as we get priority boarding and ships seem to start that process earlier now days....

• 1 month later...

On November 30, 2012 we returned from our cruise out of Miami. We were told to get off the ship early, so we were at the pickup location by 8:00 am. We waited until 10:30 for a van to show up. We called several times only to get a recording that their mailbox was full. We did get through twice. One said there were 4 vans on their way which was at 9am. Not one van appeared. Then we were told to look for the Red Star vans. Found one and he said he was going to Fort Lauderdale. Would not take us.

The security person at the port watched for us to make sure we did not miss it. We were with about 50 people waiting for the van. At 10:30, 2 1/2 hours later, 3 vans showed up. The driver said there were too many ships in port and they were not able to support the people.

We took our older smaller car and I was glad we did. Parking spaces were so close together you could hardly open either car door.

Two and a half hours wait is unacceptable to wait for a pickup. Not one van showed up, even when we were told (when we could get through) that vans were on their way. The pier was almost empty when someone finally arrived and tempers were flaring. Not a pretty sight.

Please think twice before booking this parking. You definitely get what you pay for. There were many other services that kept coming by picking up passengers. We had a service that was working with a group of us that would charge us $4 per person for a van full. Unfortunately, this was after waiting 2 1/2 hours. Just as we all agreed to paying, the Premier vans arrived.

Terrible experience. Definitely not worth the cheaper rate.

I have to say that we had a completely different experience and would use Premier Parking again. I booked online the night before our 11/17/12 cruise at this website: http://globalairportparking.com/port_of_miami_seaport_parking_POM

I prepaid $70.50 for the week ($64 in parking fees, tax/airport fees: $1.50; customer service fee: $5) and received a confirmation along with the address of the garage: 1415 NE 2nd Ave.. Miami, FL 33132. We first dropped off our luggage at the port and then put the address of the garage in the GPS. It is about a 5-10 minute drive from the port and when I received my e-mail confirmation there were also driving directions from the port.

We arrived at the garage a little after 11 am and a couple of levels up, we were met by a gentleman who directed us up to the 5th level where we would see "a big man in a yellow shirt". We went up to the top level, found the "big man in the yellow shirt" and parked the car. The shuttle to go to the port was already there, so we got our carry on bag and entered the shuttle. We were given a paper with details on the pickup back at the port, which gave instructions for pickup for the different terminals. The paper was blue and we were told to look for the van with writing in blue.

Two other families were already in the shuttle and I asked them if they had used the service before. One man said this was his 4th time using the service and he had always been very pleased. I asked him his advice for the return trip as to whether we should load the baggage in the shuttle or have one person wait at the port with the bags and send one person to pick up the car and he said with just two people traveling (we were a couple) that he would recommend loading the bags in the shuttle and not taking two trips. He said when he traveled with his entire family, they sent one person to get the car and left the others at the port with the luggage.

Upon our return, we followed the directions on the blue paper for Terminal D and E to cross to the center island and wait by the blue pick up and drop off signs. We were out of the terminal by 9:30 am and I think we waited 3 minutes until we saw a shuttle with premier written on it. I motioned to the driver and he stopped, picked us up, along with some other families and loaded all of our luggage in the van for the return ride. Upon reaching the garage, he asked us to point out our car so he could stop by the car. Our car was first, but our luggage was at the bottom of the pile, so he went to the other families' cars and unloaded them first. Our car was just a short walk away, so we got our luggage once he had unloaded the other families' and loaded it in our car.

Here are some photos:

DH Loading the van at the end of the trip:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Van parked at the garage similar to the one that picked us up:

ry%3D400

Sign at entrance to garage:

ry%3D400

BTW, as we were leaving Miami we passed by the other parking spot mentioned in this thread (the one that is fenced in). It also looked fine to me and many nice cars were parked there. We spent the day in South Beach after getting the car from Premier Parking and passed by this other lot in the afternoon as we were getting back on I-95. At around 2 pm on a Saturday, the area was pretty empty and we did not see any of the homeless people reported to be in the area. I might consider this lot in the future, but we couldn't beat the service we received from Premier Parking at 1/2 the price charged at the Port of Miami.

Pcrum,

thanks for posting that last part about the fenced in lot. That is the one I booked for our 10 day cruise on December 16. I booked it quite a while back and had not heard of that lot on here in a while. I have been concerned it may no longer be in business. I believe that is the 4.50 per day lot. I will post when I return as to how it went.

Pcrum,

thanks for posting that last part about the fenced in lot. That is the one I booked for our 10 day cruise on December 16. I booked it quite a while back and had not heard of that lot on here in a while. I have been concerned it may no longer be in business. I believe that is the 4.50 per day lot. I will post when I return as to how it went.

Yes, please post as to your experience there. I'd love to know how it went! I did hear of someone who used it for a 11/3/12 Liberty sailing and they also had no issues with it. They posted on our roll call for our 11/16/12 Carnival Liberty sailing if you wanted to look up their comments.

I'd love to know how you liked the lot!

Thank you, pcrum, for posting your review and pictures of the garage. We are considering using this one for our New Years cruise on the Valor. My husband has some concerns about parking away from the port, and I showed him your post. I think we're going to use them.

We have 5 people, so I think we'll drop off our luggage and a couple of people at the port first. Sounds like that may be easier with the amount of bags we will have.

Thanks again!

Thank you, pcrum, for posting your review and pictures of the garage. We are considering using this one for our New Years cruise on the Valor. My husband has some concerns about parking away from the port, and I showed him your post. I think we're going to use them.

We have 5 people, so I think we'll drop off our luggage and a couple of people at the port first. Sounds like that may be easier with the amount of bags we will have.

Thanks again!

With that many people, I think it's a good idea to drop off the luggage and some people at the port. My e-mail confirmation indicated that the price included shuttle service for 4 persons.

Enjoy your cruise. We would love to do a New Year's Even cruise as my birthday is 12/31. It's just hard to coordinate the kids' schedules to be able to go away then!! I hope you are as pleased with Premier Parking as we were!!

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say that we had a completely different experience and would use Premier Parking again. I booked online the night before our 11/17/12 cruise at this website: http://globalairportparking.com/port_of_miami_seaport_parking_POM

Thank you for posting your review AND a link to the company you used to 'broker' the deal. I've been trying hard to find a good looking lot. I like that this one is a garage. Just what I was looking for. Looks like it should be just as safe as the POM garages.

Obviously looks are deceiving.

I can only speak from our own personal experience, which was great. On the shuttle to the port, we rode with a family who had also used Premier Parking several times before and they also gave the company favorable reviews.

I can only speak from our own personal experience, which was great. On the shuttle to the port, we rode with a family who had also used Premier Parking several times before and they also gave the company favorable reviews.

You have convinced me to try this parking facility, thanks for taking the time to help fellow cruisers!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow back up after our trip. We ended up booking the garage on NW 2nd St thru global airport parking. We paid $117 for 2 cars, so under $60 each, for 7 days. We had no problems with this lot, and would definitely use it again in the future.

My husband is much more peticular than I am about the car, and he was happy. He was convinced we would have dings in our door upon return, but found none :)

We were sailing with 9 people and a million suitcases, so the husbands dropped all of us and the luggage off at port, then drove to the garage. It didn't take them long to meet back up with us. They were able to hop right on a full shuttle because they didn't have us or bags with them. After the cruise, they were picked up by the shuttle within 10 min of exiting the building.

Again, we would not hestitate to use them again.

It appears people are getting these two places mixed up. Premier Parking and Premier Cruise Parking are NOT the same company.

Personally, I have read NOTHING good about Premier Parking. However, Premier Cruise Parking, which is brokered through globalairportparking.com gets mostly good reviews here on CC.

We just booked Premier Cruise Parking which is also the same garage as Cheap Cruise Parking. BOTH of these are booked through globalairportparking.com and have reasonable rates for a secure garage, not a lot. The garage is located at 1415 NE 2nd Ave.

Premier Parking, which gets the crummy reviews, is located at 811 NW 1st Court.

I hope this helps as you're trying to decide where to park. I'm seeing people review one place, when they are really reviewing the other. I'll post an updated review after we park at the 1415 NE 2nd Ave lot (Premier Cruise Parking) for the second time next weekend.