Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

Hi CrusinAgain: I made a reservation on their web site and would recommend this as the lot was quite full. http://portofmiamicruiseparking.com/ Then you don't need to worry about paying when you get there. I'm not sure that's even an option. There was someone sitting at the gate both when we got there and when we returned. But they basically just made sure we had our reservation paperwork. I didn't see any set up for paying at the site. It's true that the lot is not far from the port. But it's about 3 miles (I think). And that bridge is really long and there's lots of traffic. I'm in my mid 50's and very active but I would NOT want to try to walk there. I don't think the bridge is set up for walking traffic. The cab ride is not expensive ($10) and to me, well worth it. Especially if you have carry on bags with you - which we did. For my 7 day cruise the parking fee was $31.50 - with the 2 taxi rides it was a total of $51. Quite a bargin. Good Luck!

Thanks so much LKNLady. That explains everything everyone has been wondering and asking about the place. :)

Just booked a 5 night parking stay with Port of Miami Cruise Parking.com and will be paying a total of $22.50. Even with a cab ride you can't beat it. I'll post after we return from our cruise December 22, 2011.

Good luck. I hope they get security soon. That is the only thing stopping us.

Cruisinagain: We are trying the place advertising right at the top of this thread. Portofmiamcruiseparking dot com for $4.50 a day. However, we are leaving on 11/23 and not coming back until December 4th so it looks like I won't be able to let you know how it was before you leave (the same day we are getting back) Take a look at their website. I paid through Paypal, got a confirmation email, so it looks good so far. They suggest you drop off your luggage, go back over the bridge to park and then take a taxi (which they said is on site) for $3 back to the ship. It beats $20 a day especially for a long cruise or a B2B.

Yes, I found this site, also, and was wondering about it since it is so much less that other parking places. We're on a 5 night cruise the first wk. of Feb. and the fee is $22.50. I mapquested their address to the POM and also googled the taxi fare which runs slightly less than $10 each way. They claim they have taxis waiting at the parking to take you and also there will be plenty of taxis to bring you back from your ship. This seems too good to be true, so we'll await your report. I realize this is a surface lot and not a parking garage which others are, so that may be the difference.

Yes, I found this site, also, and was wondering about it since it is so much less that other parking places. We're on a 5 night cruise the first wk. of Feb. and the fee is $22.50. I mapquested their address to the POM and also googled the taxi fare which runs slightly less than $10 each way. They claim they have taxis waiting at the parking to take you and also there will be plenty of taxis to bring you back from your ship. This seems too good to be true, so we'll await your report. I realize this is a surface lot and not a parking garage which others are, so that may be the difference.

Use google street view of their address to get a better understanding of what the lot looks like. There are no taxis waiting for you to go to ship but as another person used it just recently there were homeless people around but also a police car and they caught a cab nearby. Until they get security we are not going to risk it. Hope others report their use of this place.

We just returned today from our cruise and booked parking through Global Airport Parking POM- they give an option for secure garage parking which it totally is. I believe the company that you actually book with is total auto rent and Global is just a booking agent.

The shuttle was great!! Within 10 mins of parking the care we were on our way to the port and coming home, we were picked up in about 10 mins and on the road heading home within 45 mins from leaving the boat. There was no telephone # to call when you disembark since the shuttles run every 15 to 20 mins. They do provide a number to call in case of any problems though.

I would highly recommend them. I believe its 7 or 8 per day, but with parking in a secure garage. Its well worth the money knowing that the car is safe and the shuttle is reliable. Oh, and you take your keys with you!!

We just returned today from our cruise and booked parking through Global Airport Parking POM- they give an option for secure garage parking which it totally is. I believe the company that you actually book with is total auto rent and Global is just a booking agent.

The shuttle was great!! Within 10 mins of parking the care we were on our way to the port and coming home, we were picked up in about 10 mins and on the road heading home within 45 mins from leaving the boat. There was no telephone # to call when you disembark since the shuttles run every 15 to 20 mins. They do provide a number to call in case of any problems though.

I would highly recommend them. I believe its 7 or 8 per day, but with parking in a secure garage. Its well worth the money knowing that the car is safe and the shuttle is reliable. Oh, and you take your keys with you!!

Thanks so much. So the shuttles were free both ways?

Just home today from Miami! We made reservations at the Port of Miami a couple weeks before we left. We parked our car there on Monday, November 28th it was just great!! The parking lot is fenced in and they have a 24 hour security guard. The same American guy was there both when we parked the car and when we returned. The lot was full so it seems that hundreds are taking advantage of these rates. Most of the vehicles were newer models and most were very nice cars. I would defiantly make an advance reservation as it appears they sell out, if they have spaces available I believe you can pay in cash.

We felt the location was great and were not concerned about the neighborhood it is within a half a block of the Heat arena. I am the poster who had planned on walking to the port. I am very happy to report that we walked both to the port and also back to the parking lot. We were in our car yesterday and on 95 by 8:15 it was fantastic. It is less than a two mile walk and the bridge is very nice to walk across. We had all of our bags with us and had no problems with them. There is a sidewalk on the bridge to walk, in fact there were others walking and a few joggers.

I am glad we didn't get scarred off from parking here as it was a tremendous savings and we had no wait time for a shuttle. I will highly recommend this parking lot to friends and families!

Edited by SaylorGirl

*** CORRECTION*** The booking agent was Global Airport Parking - the garage we chose was through Premier Cruise Parking. Total Auto Rent was reflected on the receipt and paperwork received when we checked in, so I'm assuming they are each owned by the same person and they simply use the same receipts.

Hi CrusinAgain: I made a reservation on their web site and would recommend this as the lot was quite full. http://portofmiamicruiseparking.com/ Then you don't need to worry about paying when you get there. I'm not sure that's even an option. There was someone sitting at the gate both when we got there and when we returned. But they basically just made sure we had our reservation paperwork. I didn't see any set up for paying at the site. It's true that the lot is not far from the port. But it's about 3 miles (I think). And that bridge is really long and there's lots of traffic. I'm in my mid 50's and very active but I would NOT want to try to walk there. I don't think the bridge is set up for walking traffic. The cab ride is not expensive ($10) and to me, well worth it. Especially if you have carry on bags with you - which we did. For my 7 day cruise the parking fee was $31.50 - with the 2 taxi rides it was a total of $51. Quite a bargin. Good Luck!

The bridge has a sidewalk separated by a barrier from traffic.

We're back from our 11-day cruise on the NCL Dawn. Definitely would park at portofmiamicruiseparking again. No problems whatsoever. Nice gentleman checked us in and nice woman checked us out. Tipped a little extra for cabs so it cost $12 each way plus the $49.50 for parking. We have a very nice 2011 truck with a lot of extras and it was just the way we left it (except for a little dirty). So the total was $73.50 as opposed to $220.

Crusinagain: I see you are online and probably on your ship. Where did you wind up parking after all?

Edited by rpbcouple

RBPcouple - I checked the lot for you when we picked our car up on Friday. Everything looked in order!!! I was amazed at how full the lot was when we parked, I was so glad we had an advance reservation. I agree the people working there were very nice and we also had no problems whatsoever.

We're back from our 11-day cruise on the NCL Dawn. Definitely would park at portofmiamicruiseparking again. No problems whatsoever. Nice gentleman checked us in and nice woman checked us out. Tipped a little extra for cabs so it cost $12 each way plus the $49.50 for parking. We have a very nice 2011 truck with a lot of extras and it was just the way we left it (except for a little dirty). So the total was $73.50 as opposed to $220.

Crusinagain: I see you are online and probably on your ship. Where did you wind up parking after all?

We are on a cruise from the Lauderdale area right now and tomorrow will go on the Majesty which departs using the Miami area. Checking out thread now of what folks are saying about it. We will check it out tomorrow. Our cruise is only 4 days and I need to make a plane to Orlando that afternoon on return so I need to consider that as well. Glad it worked out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
We leave on Jan. 1st on the Glory and we have four cars that have made reservations to park there for seven days. I will let you know our experience when we get back on Jan. 8th. :)

Thank you. We are leaving out of Mia in Mar and are thinking about parking here. The more input the better,

We cruised on the Celebrity Millenium on December 17 thru 23rd. We booked Port of Miami Cruise Parking.com for our parking arrangements. We too were sick of paying $20 per day. When we arrived at 150 NE 7th St around 12:30 PM we discovered that, yes, there were bums lined up outside of the fence drinking from brown paper bags. The lot is fenced in and there was a woman collecting cash for cash paying customers. We were not sure if there were any spots left. When we told her we pre-paid she looked at us as though we were strange. She then said to park in the back row against the fence and to put our reservation paper in the window. Luckily a cab pulled up when we were exiting and we shared a cab with another couple. The cab cost us $6 since we split the fare. I was very hesitant to leave my truck in this lot. Very shady operation. When we got back, 5 days later, there was a homeless looking guy collecting cash and another fellow sitting on a folding chair with a cooler. My husband and I grew up in Jersey City, NJ.. inner city. We were very disheartened with this arrangement. The whole time we cruised I was worried about the truck. On day 3, I resigned myself to the fact that if the truck was gone we would take a cab to Miami Int'l Airport and rent a car to go home. Luckily it didn't happen.. not to say it couldn't have happened very easily. Another thing.. I thought this was an online reservation only lot. Apparently not.. therefore if the lot is full, and you have pre-paid and there are no more spaces, then you are sol.. -hit out of luck! Hope this helps you make your parking decision. My husband is a former Police Sergeant. I am cruising in February again and I will be paying $20 per day at the port lot.

We cruised on the Celebrity Millenium on December 17 thru 23rd. We booked Port of Miami Cruise Parking.com for our parking arrangements. We too were sick of paying $20 per day. When we arrived at 150 NE 7th St around 12:30 PM we discovered that, yes, there were bums lined up outside of the fence drinking from brown paper bags. The lot is fenced in and there was a woman collecting cash for cash paying customers. We were not sure if there were any spots left. When we told her we pre-paid she looked at us as though we were strange. She then said to park in the back row against the fence and to put our reservation paper in the window. Luckily a cab pulled up when we were exiting and we shared a cab with another couple. The cab cost us $6 since we split the fare. I was very hesitant to leave my truck in this lot. Very shady operation. When we got back, 5 days later, there was a homeless looking guy collecting cash and another fellow sitting on a folding chair with a cooler. My husband and I grew up in Jersey City, NJ.. inner city. We were very disheartened with this arrangement. The whole time we cruised I was worried about the truck. On day 3, I resigned myself to the fact that if the truck was gone we would take a cab to Miami Int'l Airport and rent a car to go home. Luckily it didn't happen.. not to say it couldn't have happened very easily. Another thing.. I thought this was an online reservation only lot. Apparently not.. therefore if the lot is full, and you have pre-paid and there are no more spaces, then you are sol.. -hit out of luck! Hope this helps you make your parking decision. My husband is a former Police Sergeant. I am cruising in February again and I will be paying $20 per day at the port lot.

Thanks so much for your post. This is exactly what I had read and you can even see when you look for it thru google street view. When we drove by there on our return home we saw all the homeless folks outside of the fence and did not see any police. I will not park here. If your husband, a former Police Sargeant says no, he certainly knows what he is talking about. I cannot believe that you had prepaid and they appeared not to have saved you a space. Clearly they are not ready for cruisers yet. I am sure it won't be long before we see complaints on here about their cars.

Well I too am getting sick of getting ripped off for parking at the port. It is ridiculous. So I was searching around the forums and the web and found globalairportparking and found a place there.

I entered a discount code and got some $$$$ off. Going on a two day cruise. I got matched with a parking garage at: 1415 NE 2 Ave for total price of $18.40 with discount. It appears to be a parking garage only a few minutes from the port with free shuttle service.

I hope this turns out to be a good experience.

I have insurance on my 2012 SUV and will be parking at the 7th St. lot in 2 weeks. If a thief wants my car or is going to break into it there is nothing you can do that's going to stop him/her, not even paying $20 a day to park.

If "it" happens it happens, it's only a car:p

These posts just make me laugh. We did not see any bums "drinking from paperbags". Yes, they know how many spaces are pre-reserved and they do collect cash for the spaces that are still empty. Yes, they have you place your paperwork in the window. Yes, you will have a space if you pre-pay they had reserved signs in many of the spaces. I loved the fact that we kept our keys to our car, I would refuse to park in a lot where I had to turn over my keys.

Why do you feel these people working there are homeless?? What should they wear to stand out in a parking lot 24/7. Maybe you would be happier if they were wearing a suit/tie. As far as the cooler maybe they need water or lunch!!

I would not hesitate to park there again and neither would my DH. We would not hesitate to recommend this lot to our family and friends. But I know where we won't park and it's the $20 lot at the port!!

Edited by SaylorGirl

Thanks SaylorGirl and Floridabum!

We leave tomorrow on the Glory and have reservations for 4 cars. After the last couple of posts, I was getting nervous because I was the one who recommended this place to the others in our group. Your posts make me feel better. I will let you know how things go when we come back next week.

Kim :)

These posts just make me laugh. We did not see any bums "drinking from paperbags". Yes, they know how many spaces are pre-reserved and they do collect cash for the spaces that are still empty. Yes, they have you place your paperwork in the window. Yes, you will have a space if you pre-pay they had reserved signs in many of the spaces. I loved the fact that we kept our keys to our car, I would refuse to park in a lot where I had to turn over my keys.

Why do you feel these people working there are homeless?? What should they wear to stand out in a parking lot 24/7. Maybe you would be happier if they were wearing a suit/tie. As far as the cooler maybe they need water or lunch!!

I would not hesitate to park there again and neither would my DH. We would not hesitate to recommend this lot to our family and friends. But I know where we won't park and it's the $20 lot at the port!!

Her husband is a former police sargeant I do think he would know alot more about people and take their advice (especially after I saw the same thing but didn't use it) over some one who doesn't care if something happens to their vehicle. Sorry....not saying you don't care but there are too many on here that are saying they don't care what happens to their car. That carelessness makes all of our insurance premiums climb.