Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

I have searched and read about off-site parking for the Port of Miami and it appears that Premier, United and CBM are the same parking garage and I have seen alot of complaints regarding them.

Is there any place to park off site that has shuttle service to and from the port? It wasn't that hard for Ft. Lauderdale but Miami is getting ridiculous and the parking fee of $20 per day is alot.

Would appreciate any experiences. I found a place called globalparking that looks to be also called auto rental parking.

Help please.

Depending upon how long your cruise is, you might want to look into a hotel parking deal. Check www.parksleepfly.com

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking just about all of the hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. If a shuttle is not offered both ways (to POM, sometimes; from POM back to your car - never:() plan on paying just under $30 (including tip) for a cab to POM and/or back to your car.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and the Embassy Suites MIA are popular cruise parking hotels. A budget option that includes a free shuttle to POM is the La Quinta East - the hotel gets mixed reviews but seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers. Check in early to sign up for the suttle you want. Good luck! :)

Cruisinagain: We are trying the place advertising right at the top of this thread. Portofmiamcruiseparking dot com for $4.50 a day. However, we are leaving on 11/23 and not coming back until December 4th so it looks like I won't be able to let you know how it was before you leave (the same day we are getting back) Take a look at their website. I paid through Paypal, got a confirmation email, so it looks good so far. They suggest you drop off your luggage, go back over the bridge to park and then take a taxi (which they said is on site) for $3 back to the ship. It beats $20 a day especially for a long cruise or a B2B.

Depending upon how long your cruise is, you might want to look into a hotel parking deal. Check www.parksleepfly.com

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking just about all of the hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. If a shuttle is not offered both ways (to POM, sometimes; from POM back to your car - never:() plan on paying just under $30 (including tip) for a cab to POM and/or back to your car.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and the Embassy Suites MIA are popular cruise parking hotels. A budget option that includes a free shuttle to POM is the La Quinta East - the hotel gets mixed reviews but seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers. Check in early to sign up for the suttle you want. Good luck! :)

We don't need a room and our stay is 5 days for this part of the cruise.

Cruisinagain: We are trying the place advertising right at the top of this thread. Portofmiamcruiseparking dot com for $4.50 a day. However, we are leaving on 11/23 and not coming back until December 4th so it looks like I won't be able to let you know how it was before you leave (the same day we are getting back) Take a look at their website. I paid through Paypal, got a confirmation email, so it looks good so far. They suggest you drop off your luggage, go back over the bridge to park and then take a taxi (which they said is on site) for $3 back to the ship. It beats $20 a day especially for a long cruise or a B2B.

Thanks.....I came across that one last night but trying to find reviews on it. Did you find anyone that has parked there?

I haven't anyone yet who used them. From what they tell me, since it is now clear that the Miami Heat will not be playing, the owner of the lot has decided to use it for cruise parking. Therefore, they only started this venture a couple of weeks ago. If you want, I can post after we park but before we cruise and let you know how the first part went (customer service, parking and taxi ride). I just won't be able to tell you whether or not our car was still there when we got back :eek:

I haven't anyone yet who used them. From what they tell me, since it is now clear that the Miami Heat will not be playing, the owner of the lot has decided to use it for cruise parking. Therefore, they only started this venture a couple of weeks ago. If you want, I can post after we park but before we cruise and let you know how the first part went (customer service, parking and taxi ride). I just won't be able to tell you whether or not our car was still there when we got back :eek:

That would be great since our first cruise is on the 4th and the one where we need that is on the 12th. They have a blog that they started this in July and it was opened only to cruise employees. Just concerned as seeing that the lot is not secure as I saw it in street view on google.

http://portofmiamicruiseparking.com/blog/?m=201107

It was so easy to find a place in Ft. Lauderdale but just bad reviews for places in Miami. :(

I am not too concerned. This area of Miami is the business district. Government offices, insurance companies, banks, police station on 4th street. This is not an area where people would just be walking by going somewhere after dark. No bars, restaurants, stores, etc.

I will post from my iphone on the day we leave and the day we return.

I am not too concerned. This area of Miami is the business district. Government offices, insurance companies, banks, police station on 4th street. This is not an area where people would just be walking by going somewhere after dark. No bars, restaurants, stores, etc.

That's good to know. Thanks so much. I'll keep searching for reviews and will post here if and when I find them. Some one has had to use them. Are you also suppose to take a taxi back there? I do hope it is only $3. I read that the Bayside Market Area hotels claim it takes $10 for a taxi to the port. So even if it is 10 each way it is still a good savings as long as the car is safe.

Well, you might want to read this thread on it unless you did already:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1504604

Okay, then please let us know how it went for you and what you thought of it when you drop your car off. I don't believe the post that says it is in an industrial area because I googled street view and saw the lot. I am just surprised there isn't more posts on this subject.

Hi,

We are also trying to decide on an off site parking place. I keep finding GLOBAL and UNITED. I can't seem to find their actual physical address to google directions. They say ( Global ) their .5 mile from Port. $7 per day..quoted $31.80.+ tax. Cruise on Majesty 11/28/11-12/2/11.

Where have you heard COMPLAINTS about any of them? Have not seen those.

They both have a shuttle service and I wrote to get their physical address. Anyone have it ?

I'm not so worried about vandalisim as I am about a dependable shuttle to get us to port .

United parking said shuttle did not start till 11:30, on departure day. My agent said we could start checking in at 11:30, although my friends keep saying the docs say 1:30.....check in. We're going for the 11:30.

D

Crusinagain: I'm going to try the $4.50 lot and will let you know how it works. I'm leaving 11/19 and will return 11/26. If there are any issues, I will be sure to leave an update. I called them today at 305-803-3369 and I'm feeling comfortable to stay there.

Someone else was looking for addresses. Here they are:

Premier Cruise Parking - 1415 NE 2 Ave

Premier Parking - 811 NW 1st Court

But Port of Miami Cruise parking is the closest and cheapest, by far - 150 NE 7th St.

Hi,

We are also trying to decide on an off site parking place. I keep finding GLOBAL and UNITED. I can't seem to find their actual physical address to google directions. They say ( Global ) their .5 mile from Port. $7 per day..quoted $31.80.+ tax. Cruise on Majesty 11/28/11-12/2/11.

Where have you heard COMPLAINTS about any of them? Have not seen those.

They both have a shuttle service and I wrote to get their physical address. Anyone have it ?

I'm not so worried about vandalisim as I am about a dependable shuttle to get us to port .

United parking said shuttle did not start till 11:30, on departure day. My agent said we could start checking in at 11:30, although my friends keep saying the docs say 1:30.....check in. We're going for the 11:30.

D

They don't give the address until you pay. CBM, Premier, and United are the same and just have different agents that you pay to. One of the big problems have been the shuttle services that people haven't been picked up at the ship and damage to vehicles. I seriously want to save money since I started this thread but I don't want to bury my head in the sand when I read so much negative in reviews especially after returning from another trip and all those negative posts were true about certain shuttle services.

I am now looking at hotels to park that perhaps we don't need to pay for a room to park.

Instead of me just telling you what I found on these off-site vendors, I will give you links on this forum where others had experiences:

Put the www in front of this one and the dot of course

************** dot com/miami/24856-parking-miami-2.html

One person says:

Parking Lot Near Miami Airport

CBM Park and Sail

3499 NW 25 Street

Miami, FL 33142

US

CBM Damaged our SUV when we left it parked with them and took a 4 day cruise. Picasa Web Albums - Mark - maria bmw damage

They also left us standing for 2+ hours waiting for pickup after the cruise. No less than 3 of their shuttles refused to take us to their car because we were not on their pickup list. There were other people waiting too. We finally had to take a taxi to their lot only to find our car damaged in two spots.

They have 12+ complaints unanswered with the BBB.

Here is how they responded:

We have investigated your complaint of alleged damages to your vehicle and have found no negligence nor liability on Cbm's part,although our Parking Contract clearly depicts the extend the limits of liability we investigate every single complaint.

Regarding your experience in the Port of Miami having to wait for such a long time,this is inexcusable and you had to also take a taxi to pick up your vehicle, you will be refunded $32.00 for the taxi aswe understand is what you have said to our counter rep and also a 15% discount off your parking parking charges.

R. Simon

Cbm Park & Sail

another person:

To: United Airport Parking! Guaranteed Discount Parking and Free Shuttle Service

Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2009 10:35 AM

Subject: Refund request for reservation no. 2009101619481000549

To: United Airport Parking Reservations

To whom it may concern:

This letter is written to request a refund of the $52.98 charge to my MasterCard account due to the gross negligence and professional misconduct of your parking facility, CBM Park and Sail.

On our return from the Port of Miami December 18, 2009 the driver failed to load one of our suitcases, leaving it on the curb. We discovered this upon exiting the van, and an argument ensued when the driver insisted it had been mistakenly taken by another passenger. We knew this was not the case, as we watched him unload all bags. We insisted he return us to the port to search for it. He refused and said if we didn't exit the van, the police would be called. We urged him to do so, but he relented and returned us to the port. Enroute, he called his dispatcher, who told him it had been located and we should proceed to to lost and found. This turned out to be the first lie, as nothing was there. We filed a report with Miami Dade Police, Officer D. Cherry, Badge #1403. Officer Cherry agreed this was a security breach at the port and urged us to contact the Port Authority to advise them of the parking company's negligence, as they license them to operate at the port.

The next trip around, the same driver returned us to the parking deck, this time stating that he positively remembered the suitcase being taken by another passenger in our van, which also turned out to be a lie.

Approximately 5:00pm that afternoon we received a call from Beth of Lehigh Acres, FL (phone 239-XXX-XXXX) who witnessed the driver leave the suitcase at the port, and was gracious enough to take possession of it to return it to the parking facility. Once there, she attempted to leave it with the attendant knowing we would be looking for it there, but was refused by the attendant. She therefore took it with her and called us to let us know she had it.

I will now have to arrange pickup and re-delivery to us at an approximate cost of $30.00 or more. As the contracted services of transporting us and our baggage to and from the port were not provided, I feel a refund is in order. I am willing to refrain from writing the Port Authority and travel review websites, and chalk it up to experience if this refund is granted. Please respond at your earliest opportunity to guide my actions from here.

another one that thread thru United:

I booked United Airport parking as they were half the price of the Port of Miami Terminal parking. When we arrived the man "directing" us was rude and very annoyed with all of the arriving cruise passangers that needed to be transported. There were many older people and they were confused the parking attendent had little to NO patience at all. When we arrived at the parking lot we were told to leave all of the papers in the car so we did. We booked the reservation online for 5 passengers and when we arrived back from our cruise first we could not find the pick up area so we called the 800 # that we were supplied with and the girl whom answered said, "If you don't have your paper you are out of luck and I have no idea where you are suppose to be picked up" I asked her is she was kidding and she said, " I own the website and know nothing else so there is nothing I can do.". I then called the local 954-584-1589 number they supplied and they were rude too and said, "look at your papers we can't tell you anything"

Finally after 45 min we figured out that we need to pick up a white van that says CBM. The nasty driver would not take us to the lot because he claims that although we booked the reservation for 5 passengers he would only take 4 passengers. I then called again and spoke with a man who was again rude and so we decided to take a cab back to United Parking to get our car. The stairwell at United Parking had human feces all over the stairs and was SO dirty and smelly. The garage attended was screaming at me and then to add to our stress we started receiving messages from United Parking who left a rude and nasty message about how I need to read the "fine print" of 4 passangers only. The caller did not leave his name on the message or I would have posted it. If you have low standards, like aggravation and like being treated like S*** then use United parking otherwise pay the few extra bucks to stay at the port garage.

If they were just nicer and helpful I think they would have a great business! Too bad they don't realize this.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=967950

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=650696&page=2 (talks about united and autorental which is global parking)

I've read a few other responses regarding Total Auto Rent, or Total Parking Services, so I thought I tell you about my experience with them.

We used netparkfly.com to reserve with Total Auto Rent in Miami. It's near the airport, which is about a 15-20 drive from the Port of Miami. The drop off went smooth, and transport to the port was fine. The problem occurred upon pickup. As per their instructions, we called for pickup once we were off the ship and ready to go. They said it would be about 20 minutes. Over the next hour and half, I called about 6 more times, and each time was told that there was a van in the port and it should only be a few more minutes. There were two other groups there with us, all waiting for pickup from Total. We saw one van go by completely empty, but it didn't stop. We saw three other vans go by, all completely full. After 1 1/2 hours, I gave up and took a taxi. By the way, taxi from the port to Miami Airport is $25 plus tip. By the time we left, we were the only people standing in front of the ship, except the porters who were waiting for the next batch of cruisers to arrive.

Also on that thread about the parking by the port for 4.50:

Please be aware that $4.50 per day parking is an open parking lot,with no security or better yet secured by homeless guys that sleep there and does not provide any transfer to or from the Port.You have to call a cab or a tranportation company for about $10.00 each way.If you do not care about the sercurity of your car and service than this is the way to go.Also note the Company is not register in the State of Florida.Good Luck !!!

Here is one from our sister site:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34438-i92-k4047497-United_Airport_Parking_near_POM-Miami_Florida.html

United Parking's garage is across the street from the school board, a not so nice neighborhood if there isn't an event at the Arscht Center. Also, the garage is shared during the week with people parking to go to the school board. During the week anyone can walk into that garage. Security is non existent during the week and at night other than the person upfront collecting cash.

another person

I recently used this parking when going on a cruise out of POM. Be careful.

This company is not user friendly and is not worth saving a few bucks.

When parking my car in the garage I had to wait 30 mins before the van would leave since to won't go until it is full even though there are several vans waiting empty. Upon my return there where no vans to be found in the am. Apparently the vans don't leave the garage till. 7:30am. There where many of us waiting for close to an hour with mo shuttles. I took a taxi to the parking garage for $12.00 I walked up four flights got my car and waited at the gate until a clerk arrived. The office was closed and did not return my calls.

I think I will try other options next time.

another thread where now Premier is included in United, CBM:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1102200

We used the CBM Parking garage for our cruise at the end of November. We made our reservations on line and followed their written instructions to the letter. When we arrived at the parking garage at our reservation time (10:00 a.m.), we were told we could not park until after 11:00 and to leave the garage and drive around Miami until 11:00. We went ahead and parked in the cruise parking area (at the top of the parking garage, very limited covered parking) Bill went down and talked to the guy at the entrance, he never said a thing about having to check in or get a different car pass for the vehicle. They start shuttling people to the port at 11:00, on the way to the port the driver mentioned something and I asked if our car would be safe. He said he could not guarantee it. After getting on the ship and setting up our onboard internet account, I sent an email to the corporate office and explained we had followed their written instructions and the conversation with the driver, they sent back an email about 2 hours later and said our car would be fine. It was, but we still thought about what we would find when we got back to Miami. When we did arrive back in Miami, the driver of the shuttle back to the parking garage would only take the drivers, leaving the passengers and all the luggage curb side at the port. It was not a pleasent experience.

In addition, another couple we were traveling with also parked there, and they had some discussions as to the price quoted per day and what the lot wanted to charge. Not sure how that worked out as Bill was back to pick me up before the driver of the other car was able to get back to the port. In checking later it took him another 10 minutes to get back to the port and he was the car behind Bill leaving the lot. I will pay the price at the port it is not worth the little bit of difference in price (port would have been $240.00 and we paid $136.00) Believe me it is not worth the worry.

Parking addy revealed in that thread

A post earlier said the address was: 1415 NE 2nd street.

I searched google maps and came up with this parking garage. There did not seem to be any other garage close to this address. Has anyone been here to confirm this location?

another person:

I would avoid this place like the plague. Terrible experience with them on a prepaid reservation. Refused to allow me to park at 10am and for 2 nights, even though thats when I reserved and prepaid for. Had to go to Amex to get my money back. Park at the pier, its not worth the hassle for the savings.

I'm not the only one, plenty of other terrible reviews for them also...

However I can confirm that this is the correct address for their garage...

Crusinagain: I'm going to try the $4.50 lot and will let you know how it works. I'm leaving 11/19 and will return 11/26. If there are any issues, I will be sure to leave an update. I called them today at 305-803-3369 and I'm feeling comfortable to stay there.

Someone else was looking for addresses. Here they are:

Premier Cruise Parking - 1415 NE 2 Ave

Premier Parking - 811 NW 1st Court

But Port of Miami Cruise parking is the closest and cheapest, by far - 150 NE 7th St.

Thank you. Please post back how it went for you and if the lot is secure or just left open. I do have a flight to catch out of Orlando the day we return from the cruise so we don't want to come back to vandalism or problems.

The one thing I am hesitant about this place is the spelling on their website and blog is bad and if it was as great as they are saying why are we seeing people talk about them? People normally like to brag when they save such huge money. The blog says been open since July for the public and the other poster says one week which is a discrepancy.

We may have to bite the bullet and pay the ridiculous fees of the 20 per day unless we hear back from you and the other poster who will be using this one. Good luck. :)

Premier Parking USA are courteous, dependable, parking is safe, car is safe, parking lot is lighted and fenced. For a Reasonable dollars, you have peace of mind and a Van that shows up when you need it.! I recommned it to every one.

Is Premier Parking USA the same as Premier Cruise Parking through the United Airport Parking web site?

We are planning on using the Port of Miami cruise parking on Nov. 28th. We will pay less for the entire parking than for one day at the cruise port. It is close enough to walk as we travel light so we won't be dependent on shuttles. As long as our car is there when we come back we will be happy!!

We are planning on using the Port of Miami cruise parking on Nov. 28th. We will pay less for the entire parking than for one day at the cruise port. It is close enough to walk as we travel light so we won't be dependent on shuttles. As long as our car is there when we come back we will be happy!!

Please let us know how it went when you get back. I'm sailing 12/11 and am deciding between Premier and this lot.

And you googled mapped this and saw where it was and that it is not secure and you will be walking over a bridge to get to the port and this is okay? I love the fact of paying less but not by saving a few bucks and come back to a damaged vehicle which is a risk by parking here. I just had my vehicle backed into at a grocery store parking lot and of course no one fessed up to it nor any witnesses so that cost me 300 out of my insurance. I would feel better about this place if it had a 24 hour guard but according to the street view on google maps it doesn't and the only protection is a 4-5' chain link fence with the gate opened.

I wish you luck and please let us know how it went.

I just returned from my 7 day cruise and found that our car was just fine. No problems at all. The site is very close to the port and was easy to find. As noted, we did see some homeless people on our return but they were OUTSIDE of the fence and also a police car was in the area too. I really didn't feel there was anything to be concerned about. When we first got there, we dropped our bags at the port, then dropped our car off at the parking lot. We walked about 1 block to get a taxi - not difficult at all. The taxi did cost $10 including the tip but this was still the cheapest parking I've ever gotten. On our return, we got a taxi right away - right at the port. The return fare might be a little over $10 depending on how much lugguage you have and how much you tip.

Hope you have a great trip - we did!

I just returned from my 7 day cruise and found that our car was just fine. No problems at all. The site is very close to the port and was easy to find. As noted, we did see some homeless people on our return but they were OUTSIDE of the fence and also a police car was in the area too. I really didn't feel there was anything to be concerned about. When we first got there, we dropped our bags at the port, then dropped our car off at the parking lot. We walked about 1 block to get a taxi - not difficult at all. The taxi did cost $10 including the tip but this was still the cheapest parking I've ever gotten. On our return, we got a taxi right away - right at the port. The return fare might be a little over $10 depending on how much lugguage you have and how much you tip.

Hope you have a great trip - we did!

LKNLady, thanks so much for remembering to post back here about your results. I am so glad that it all went well for you. Was there a guard at the gate or who do you pay? I know someone is talking about walking to the port from the parking lot. Do you see this as doable with the bridge?

Hi CrusinAgain: I made a reservation on their web site and would recommend this as the lot was quite full. http://portofmiamicruiseparking.com/ Then you don't need to worry about paying when you get there. I'm not sure that's even an option. There was someone sitting at the gate both when we got there and when we returned. But they basically just made sure we had our reservation paperwork. I didn't see any set up for paying at the site. It's true that the lot is not far from the port. But it's about 3 miles (I think). And that bridge is really long and there's lots of traffic. I'm in my mid 50's and very active but I would NOT want to try to walk there. I don't think the bridge is set up for walking traffic. The cab ride is not expensive ($10) and to me, well worth it. Especially if you have carry on bags with you - which we did. For my 7 day cruise the parking fee was $31.50 - with the 2 taxi rides it was a total of $51. Quite a bargin. Good Luck!