Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

We parked in the garage located at 1415 E. 2nd street in January of this year. We booked through Global Airport Parking. It is located next to the parking lot by the Board of Education. The company that we used when going through http://www.globalairportparking.com was Premier Parking. We parked on the 4th floor of the garage and the shuttle was there to pick us up promptly prior the cruise and after the cruise. Yes, it is true that the Board of Education uses this garage, but the 3rd and 4th floors are used for this cruise parking. We use this company exclusively when cruising out of Miami and would not use any outdoor parking facility. You can use the link provided here to get to their website.

Edited by 2flacruisers

A post earlier said the address was: 1415 NE 2nd street.

I searched google maps and came up with this parking garage. There did not seem to be any other garage close to this address. Has anyone been here to confirm this location?

Yes, this is the garage listed at NE 2nd st. It is easy to find; there rates are good. We used them in March this year for 5 days.

Yes, the van will take you to the port promptly. Coming back to the garage is troublesome, especially if there are lots of ships in port. By the time a shuttle comes, they are full. The driver we had was rude, so yes, there is a lack of professionalism with this company. I will NOT EVER use them again, no matter how cheap they are. I wrote an unfavorable review on this operation, it is probably buried several pages back by now.

The area the garage is in is dicey during the day, I can only imagine it is much worse at night. Our car was fine however.

Caveat emptor!

While searching for parking for our cruise from Port Everglades Ft. Lauderdale, we find this website http://www.stay123.com, this website offer cruiseport hotel with free parking and free cruiseport shuttle.

They had very low rates compare to hotels itself for park and cruise package, after doing some research about the company and their package we found them to be legit and trust worthy, they are booking this packages for over 10 years. We booked Hampton Inn Hotel for only $89.00 including a night stay, free parking, and free cruise shuttle. This was great it was cheaper than parking at the parking lot. Hampton Inn was great, nice clean comfortable room, free parking free shuttle, free breakfast. It was a pleasant experience. Stay123.com book hotel and parking at all cruiseports and airports, so check them out it may be work for you.

Does anyone know anything about this place and/or is it the same place you are all referring to? It's not the same address as listed previously and they're charging $8/day for a prepaid reservation but the name is sure similar!

Premier USA Parking

811 NW 1st court Lot 58

Miami, FL 33136

Many thanks.

HJ

While searching for parking for our cruise from Port Everglades Ft. Lauderdale, we find this website http://www.stay123.com, this website offer cruiseport hotel with free parking and free cruiseport shuttle.

They had very low rates compare to hotels itself for park and cruise package, after doing some research about the company and their package we found them to be legit and trust worthy, they are booking this packages for over 10 years. We booked Hampton Inn Hotel for only $89.00 including a night stay, free parking, and free cruise shuttle. This was great it was cheaper than parking at the parking lot. Hampton Inn was great, nice clean comfortable room, free parking free shuttle, free breakfast. It was a pleasant experience. Stay123.com book hotel and parking at all cruiseports and airports, so check them out it may be work for you.

Just came back from a cruise and wanted to add my experience with Premier/Cheap Cruise Parking. Pretty much all good stuff to say. I did run into one kinda irritating complication (explained below) that was completely my own fault but it kinda gave me a bit more contact/interaction with the parking guys than a typical passenger.

My parking reservation was with "Cheap Cruise Parking" but I suspect they're the same company as "Premier"; they share parking attendant, drivers & shuttle vans; the vans were labelled "Premier". I wonder if Cheap is (less than $5 for our 5 day cruise) cheaper because Premier gets slightly better parking spaces (no risk of open air parking?).

Our parking deck address was 1415 2nd Ave NE. I guess we must have booked our parking reservation through "Global Airport Parking" cause that's what my confirmation letter says. 5 days for $40 ($8/day?) + $1.50 "access fee" + $5 "service fee".

We had a reservation for a 10:00 arrival but arrived at 09:30. The pleasant and polite cruise parking attendant (there was another "regular" parking attendant in the booth; the cruise parking attendant was sitting by the entry gate with a list of reservations and also had a chair near the stairs) told us to go ahead and get a ticket and wait/park wherever we could find a space. I misunderstood that he'd come find us and direct us to the cruisers parking spaces so we found a good parking space in the regular parking area but were later redirected up to the top levels (where the cruiser parking spaces were). We were told to park just about at the transition of the covered and open air (exposed to sky) part of the deck. A few later arrivals had to park in the open area of the top level. That wouldn't have bothered me if I had had to park in the open though since my primary concern was car security and the lot did feel secure.

We didn't have to wait long for the shuttle to arrive. We were still getting our crap together when he pulled up. He confirmed which boat everyone was sailing (all of our load were for the Carnival Imagination). As he was dropping us off and pulling bags out of the van, I'm pretty sure I heard him say "This is your terminal and where you tip your driver" (the porters were equally blunt that they should be tipped here since passengers [not us; we self loaded] wouldn't see them again).

The complication: I'm a field tech and carry several knives and multi-tools and forgot to leave them in the car when we hopped the shuttle so I got turned back at security & had to go back to the parking deck to drop them off (I couldn't bring myself to toss the one larger blade that they wouldn't let me board with; I left them all in the car to be safe). I'd forgotten how the shuttle was marked ("Premier") and watched it go by twice (I noticed "Premier" but didn't know that was my ride) before my wife called the contact number on the parking paperwork to let them know they had a passenger that needed a trip back to the deck. That wasn't a problem since they were making runs all day until the ships left. Turns out the driver had been on the lookout for me but I (again, my own fault) was standing by the terminal (for the shade), not the "passenger drop off" area so he didn't see me. He was a bit distant and cold on the run to the port but was rather friendly on the trip back (since it was just the two of us?).

At the end of the cruise, we ended up with the same driver after only about a 5 minute wait (there are at least 3 Premier shuttle vans; I saw 2 parked in the deck, while we rode 1). We were under the mistaken impression they'd only allow 1 person (they allow 4) to go pick up the car (we had their policy confused with another parking outfit) so my wife sat out while I planned to get the car. The driver remembered me and asked (nearly insisted) that we could go ahead and load her up but she refused (we'd spent all our cash and she was embarrassed to not be able to tip him). Back at the parking deck, he asked if I knew (I didn't) how to get back to the port so he explained (really simple: left out of the deck, left at 5th takes you right to it).

I'm really very happy with the parking experience with Cheap Cruise Parking and will use them again if we depart from Miami again.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread up and wondering if anyone has any recent experiences with off-site parking? We are looking for a safe alternative to parking at the port. Taking a cab vs a shuttle is of little consequence...just looking for a safe, cheaper alternative.

Thanks for posting your experiences!!

• 2 weeks later...
Here's some shots I took of the lot with my camera phone a while back.

IMG00157-20111129-0906.jpg

g.jpg

d.jpg

Thanks for taking pics of this. We saw the same scene when we drove by it and thank goodness we did not park there. As others can see there were big disagreements in prior posts before these pics how unsafe this place was and others disagreed. I started this thread last year before our trip out of Miami. Since it was only a 5 day cruise we did park at the port but the Global parking appears to get decent ratings and we saw that is in an enclosed secure garage.

This is downtown Miami and while businesses are open during the week not much is opened on the weekend and at night. You are taking a huge risk while parking here and don't forget about your insurance going up when you put that claim in. Now is it worth it?

This is downtown Miami and while businesses are open during the week not much is opened on the weekend and at night. You are taking a huge risk while parking here and don't forget about your insurance going up when you put that claim in. Now is it worth it?

Its not just the insurance. Getting a police report will take 2-3 hours. You are not going to get someone to repair your window that day. So you are going to drive home for many hours sitting on glass with a plastic garbage bag flapping around. Doesn't sound like a nice end to a vacation...not worth the risk.

Its not just the insurance. Getting a police report will take 2-3 hours. You are not going to get someone to repair your window that day. So you are going to drive home for many hours sitting on glass with a plastic garbage bag flapping around. Doesn't sound like a nice end to a vacation...not worth the risk.

Well definitely true and I have read but have not verified that people have lost parts of their cars while parked here. Doesn't look hard for people to do that either.

My experience with Premier Parking (Port of Miami) in Miami week of 8/4/12-8/11/12. Arrived at lot around 12:30 pm, (3 people) they suggested we go pier leave bags and 2 people and come back or it would be 45 minutes or longer. (longer I'm assuming, people waiting in line, sitting on luggage...looked like they had been waiting for a while) My husband took us to pier and it still took an hour for him to get back. We did see Premier Parking vans, however, none of them were at this parking lot, they only had one running and the lot was full of cars, people and luggage!

On our return, we called (mailbox full) and called...finally was told it would be at least 45 minutes. We decided to take a taxi to lot ($25.00) Total CHAOS.

We cruise 3 times a year and have used parking lots in Ft. Lauderdale and Port Canaveral with awesome experiences. I'm all about saving money but I wouldn't use Premier Parking again!! Even with the taxi fare we still paid less than we would have at Pier...so depending on what you're looking for it may or may not be worth it to you. (Just sharing my experience)

Hope this helps someone!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who posted here. It has helped us to decide to try the shuttle service with Global Airport. I am new to Port of Miami layout so I do have a question - exactly how do you drop off passengers at the port without charge? I thought I read that temp parking was $7. Is there like a type of drive thru to drop off passengers and not park to avoid this cost? Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by dhdozier

Thanks to all who posted here. It has helped us to decide to try the shuttle service with Global Airport. I am new to Port of Miami layout so I do have a question - exactly how do you drop off passengers at the port without charge? I thought I read that temp parking was $7. Is there like a type of drive thru to drop off passengers and not park to avoid this cost? Thanks in advance for any help!

Just go to the particular ship area and drive-thru and you will see the cars and taxis stopping to unload the luggage to the porters. Just plan on tipping the porters per each bag.

• 5 weeks later...

We just did a 8 Day cruise in September with Carnival and we parked at Port of Miami Cruise Parking. The area looks deserted amd "rough" with a few homeless people laying around the area, but there were many high end cars in the lot including a few limos a company parks there when the they aren't using them. If the lot wasn't safe, would the limo company park 2-3 $75,000 cars there? We parked there and had absolutely no problem. The staff was courteous and helpful. I would park there again if I go out of Miami. Saved quite a bit of $ compared to the cruise ship parking lot!

We just did a 8 Day cruise in September with Carnival and we parked at Port of Miami Cruise Parking. The area looks deserted amd "rough" with a few homeless people laying around the area, but there were many high end cars in the lot including a few limos a company parks there when the they aren't using them. If the lot wasn't safe, would the limo company park 2-3 $75,000 cars there? We parked there and had absolutely no problem. The staff was courteous and helpful. I would park there again if I go out of Miami. Saved quite a bit of $ compared to the cruise ship parking lot!

All depends on what your willing to risk. All of us have our stop levels of what we can gamble with as well as the limo company. After seeing the place was my stop level.

If the lot wasn't safe, would the limo company park 2-3 $75,000 cars there?

Absolutely, to have a dedicated secure parking area in downtown for that limo fleet would easily exceed $10,000 month. To a company, its worth a smashed window every once in a while. To you, average tourist, it would ruin your vacation.

Edited by miamiyogi

• 2 weeks later...

The facility at 1415 NE 2nd Street is no longer booked through United parking or Premier parking. We used this facility last time we cruised out of Miami and were very pleased with it. It is a secure indoor garage. I tried through United and Premier on the internet and could never get to the specific facility I wanted. I had their direct phone number from the previous reservation and called to see how I could reserve a parking spot during our upcoming cruise. One should call 800-435-3195 directly. No payment required upfront. You will receive a confirmation number and a subsequent email showing the dates, the cost, directions, etc. Very convenient....self park. I do highly recommend that you carefully note your location in the garage. We failed to do so last time and had to have the van driver go around again.

I received my confirmation via email from the Cruise parking facility at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. The cost is $9 per day. With tax....our 7 day cruise parking will cost $63. Please note that they only take cash as payment. The shuttle runs from 11:30am to 3:30pm since the port does not allow incoming traffic before 11:30am.

Thanks for the answer...but whenever we have cruised, we always get to the dock in Miami well before 11:30, so I'm not sure that them saying they don't allow incoming traffic until 11:30 is correct, but rather the parking companys rule...How do they pick up passengers that come off the ship in the morning, if they are not allowed in unitl 11:30?? Just saying.......