Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

Thanks so much for everyone's comments. We are going to book portofmiamicruiseparking.com but we are very early arrivers to the port. Does anyone know what time the lot opens? We plan on arriving at 9 a.m. the morning of our cruise departure. Thanks!

There was someone there when we picked up the car which was around that time. I don't think you will have a problem finding someone there.

i saw that lot and who walks around that place. No way was i gonna leave my vehicle there. No way!!!!!!

I just got off a two nighter and parked at a garage that i booked through globalairportparking.com. I clicked on cheap cruise parking and ended up at some garage on 1415 ne 2nd ave (premier). I must say i was impressed with the service. We got there at our assigned time. Waited no more than 10 minutes when the shuttle took us to the port. When we got back we waited no more than 10 minutes and they took us back to the garage.

The garage is locked up and has an attendant. I felt my vehicle was safe there. I would use their service again.

we just returned today jan. 20 andused this same garage and shuttle service was fast and very convenient to use

POM Parking:

I can't be bothered about getting a taxi and all that jazz. So I bit the bullet and used http://globalairportparking.com.

To use it, enter travel dates, and the results appear with prices and a general idea of how far they are form POM. It seems totally random what they charge for each of their lots. No addresses are provided which is kind of stupid in this day and age. But... I will share my findings with you.

Cheap Cruise Parking -Secure Self Port Parking

1415 NE 2nd Ave

Miami, FL 33132

Phone: 305-220-2686

5 days $34.75 + Fees = $41.25. It's not far from the port at all.

Instead of hangin' w/the bums, paying $24.50 for 5 days at portofmiamicruiseparking.com plus $22.00 for to-fro cab rides, totaling $46.50, I chose the $41.25 for parking including the shuttle. Not bad. :D

I want to thank all of you involved in this post because it really helped me choose.

I'm leaving next week so I'll be posting how it went upon my return. Cheers. :cool:

Edited by MetalKween
grammar

POM Parking:

I can't be bothered about getting a taxi and all that jazz. So I bit the bullet and used http://globalairportparking.com.

To use it, enter travel dates, and the results appear with prices and a general idea of how far they are form POM. It seems totally random what they charge for each of their lots. No addresses are provided which is kind of stupid in this day and age. But... I will share my findings with you.

1415 NE 2nd Ave

Miami, FL 33132

Instead of hangin' w/the bums, paying $24.50 for 5 days at portofmiamicruiseparking.com plus $22.00 for to-fro cab rides, totaling $46.50, I chose the $41.25 for parking including the shuttle. Not bad. :D

I want to thank all of you involved in this post because it really helped me choose.

I'm leaving next week so I'll be posting how it went upon my return. Cheers. :cool:

Please let us know what you thought about this place when you return. We leave on 2/18 and I want garage parking, this sounds good as long as it is safe!

Just got back from leaving my 2012 vehicle in portofmiamicruiseparking.com's lot from the 15th to the 21st. parking cost $27.00. I dropped my wife off at the port with the bags and I drove back to the lot. I showed the lady my paper, she pointed to a parking spot and asked if it was ok with me. I backed in, left my paper on the dash and walked out to Biscayne Blvd. Note.... If you want a cab to meet you at the lot, I would suggest calling for one. Once I was At Biscayne Blvd I was in a cab in less than a minute and was back at the port in under 20 minutes. Cost for cab $7.00.

Returned by cab and driver drove right up to my vehicle, unloaded our bags. Cost of return $10. The same lady was there at the gate.

All the talk about this place being unsafe is a bunch of BS. I watched families with small children using this lot along with several other day lots for a event that was going on in the arena.

By the way, I was in my vehicle and getting on I-95 at 8:30 a.m.

POM Parking:

1415 NE 2nd Ave

Miami, FL 33132

Thanks for the report. I will look forward to your post. I am glad there are more options being discussed now.

"I can't be bothered about getting a taxi and all that jazz. "

my 2 cents, I would rather grab a cab then have to crouded into a shuttle or try to find the shuttle.

The parking lot the poster was referring to has the shuttle onsite and they are generally in plain site and waiting for you to get on and they help you with your luggage if you hadn't already dropped it off at the port. Cabs can only hold so much luggage so it would be hard to share a cab with another couple with both having luggage.

Thanks for the report. I will look forward to your post. I am glad there are more options being discussed now.

I am not the original poster, but we just returned from cruising the Millennium and did use the parking garage located at 1415 NE 2nd Avenue. It is about a half mile from port. This parking garage is secure, having large iron gates that drop down when they close, which closes off the entire entrance to the garage. We did not have to wait more than 10 minutes at pick up or drop off. The vans could be updated, but the drivers were very pleasant and helpful. We booked it through global airport parking. I think that 3 or 4 companies use this garage. We plan to use them again when we cruise in December.

I am not the original poster, but we just returned from cruising the Millennium and did use the parking garage located at 1415 NE 2nd Avenue. It is about a half mile from port. This parking garage is secure, having large iron gates that drop down when they close, which closes off the entire entrance to the garage. We did not have to wait more than 10 minutes at pick up or drop off. The vans could be updated, but the drivers were very pleasant and helpful. We booked it through global airport parking. I think that 3 or 4 companies use this garage. We plan to use them again when we cruise in December.

Thanks so much for your report. I am the OP of this thread and was looking for more options than just the spendy port itself. There have been a number of you that have been satisfied with global airport parking. How about pickup after the cruise? Is that included in the price and did you have to call or were they constantly coming to pick up cruisers?

Thanks so much for your report. I am the OP of this thread and was looking for more options than just the spendy port itself. There have been a number of you that have been satisfied with global airport parking. How about pickup after the cruise? Is that included in the price and did you have to call or were they constantly coming to pick up cruisers?

The garage will give you a blue paper with where to proceed for pickup after cruise, which is where the shuttle originally drops you off. Shuttle to and from cruise port is included in the price. You do not have to call for pickup after. The shuttles run every 10 to 15 minutes. You just flag the driver when you see the shuttle, which will be a white van with "Premier" on the side. This was indeed the best parking we have ever had in Miami. My husband is retired law enforcement and he felt that our vehicle was safe during the cruise.

If you have Google Earth, you can google the address to see the garage. The gates that you see are not the security gates. The security gates retract from the top of the garage opening, and they are iron and cover the full opening of the garage.

Global Airport parking has 2 options:

Self / 0.5 mi from the Seaport

Shuttle Runs: Continuous

or

Premier Cruise Parking - Secure Garage Port of Miami Parking

Self Parking / 0.8 mi from the Seaport

which is which? the 1st one is a little cheaper.

or

From everything I've read, Premier Parking offers an actual garage while Cheap Cruise Parking is a surface lot. Perhaps someone who has parked there (I haven't) can confirm.

Edited by TravlGrl

From everything I've read, Premier Parking offers an actual garage while Cheap Cruise Parking is a surface lot. Perhaps someone who has parked there (I haven't) can confirm.

Whoops! I've just read back and it looks like it IS a garage also!

or

It is Premier Cruise Parking....the other is a parking lot.

I saw that lot and who walks around that place. No way was I gonna leave my vehicle there. NO WAY!!!!!!

I just got off a two nighter and parked at a garage that i booked through globalairportparking.com. I clicked on cheap cruise parking and ended up at some garage on 1415 NE 2nd Ave (premier). I must say I was impressed with the service. We got there at our assigned time. Waited no more than 10 minutes when the shuttle took us to the port. When we got back we waited no more than 10 minutes and they took us back to the garage.

The garage is locked up and has an attendant. I felt my vehicle was safe there. I would use their service again.

I've read through this entire thread and have decided against parking our brand new vehicle at the portofmiamicruiseparking lot. That being said, does the Globalairport parking (garage) allow you to lock your vehicle and keep the keys?

Thanks!

Edited by cruisinRN

• 2 weeks later...

First of all let me start by saying this was my first cruise ever, and had no idea what to expect about parking or anything. I found this thread while researching cheap Miami parking before my cruise on January 21-28,2012 and it mentioned a cheap parking site called Portofmiamicruiseparking.com it seemed like most people on this site said it was great, safe, nice, and they would use it again. Well I don't know where these people parked because I parked at 150 NE 7th St. And was very unhappy. First of all while I was making my reservation on their website their site crashed and would not give me my confirmation number or the papers I needed to print to take to the lot. I then had to play phone tag with the people at phone number given and after 3 phone calls and an email received my answer. Okay I thought maybe it was just an off day for them I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because everyone on here said they were great. When my daughter and I finally got there after driving all night I was scared to leave the rental car there. There were lots of homeless people hanging around the fence and there was broken glass all over the lot. When we pulled up to check in the lady running the check in was very rude and cocky. I told her my name and was told "I don't know everyone's names what do you think I am". She then got all angry when I handed her my PayPal receipt showing my reservation and the email from the customer service rep. She then directed us to the back of the lot where the cars were parked so close together I could barely get out of the car. I was told the person checking me in would call me and my daughter a cab , but yet again she was rude and said "I ain't calling no one you gotta do that" before she quickly rattled off the number. When we got back from the cruise, which was wonderful, our taxi driver said it was a horrible place to park and that windshields and windows are frequently broken. And in fact a car a little ways down from ours did have a side window broken and a bag taped over it. I was just blessed that our car was okay and we got out of there. I had to leave a reply on here, because as a new cruiser I was relying on reviews left by other people and didn't want someone else to make the same mistake I did.

Edited by NYgiantsgirl91

First of all let me start by saying this was my first cruise ever, and had no idea what to expect about parking or anything. I found this thread while researching cheap Miami parking before my cruise on January 21-28,2012 and it mentioned a cheap parking site called Portofmiamicruiseparking.com it seemed like most people on this site said it was great, safe, nice, and they would use it again. Well I don't know where these people parked because I parked at 150 NE 7th St. And was very unhappy. First of all while I was making my reservation on their website their site crashed and would not give me my confirmation number or the papers I needed to print to take to the lot. I then had to play phone tag with the people at phone number given and after 3 phone calls and an email received my answer. Okay I thought maybe it was just an off day for them I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because everyone on here said they were great. When my daughter and I finally got there after driving all night I was scared to leave the rental car there. There were lots of homeless people hanging around the fence and there was broken glass all over the lot. When we pulled up to check in the lady running the check in was very rude and cocky. I told her my name and was told "I don't know everyone's names what do you think I am". She then got all angry when I handed her my PayPal receipt showing my reservation and the email from the customer service rep. She then directed us to the back of the lot where the cars were parked so close together I could barely get out of the car. I was told the person checking me in would call me and my daughter a cab , but yet again she was rude and said "I ain't calling no one you gotta do that" before she quickly rattled off the number. When we got back from the cruise, which was wonderful, our taxi driver said it was a horrible place to park and that windshields and windows are frequently broken. And in fact a car a little ways down from ours did have a side window broken and a bag taped over it. I was just blessed that our car was okay and we got out of there. I had to leave a reply on here, because as a new cruiser I was relying on reviews left by other people and didn't want someone else to make the same mistake I did.

Wow....thanks so much for taking your time and reporting your experience. I am so glad nothing happened to your car and the worry certainly would not be worth the money. Sounds like the global airport parking is getting good reports.

I've read through this entire thread and have decided against parking our brand new vehicle at the portofmiamicruiseparking lot. That being said, does the Globalairport parking (garage) allow you to lock your vehicle and keep the keys?

Thanks!

The parking garage is just like any other....you park, unload your car, lock it up and take your keys....no problems. You park mainly on level 4 and higher, which I believe is leased by Global.

We will never park at the port again.

• 3 weeks later...

We just arrived back to Port of Miami today on Celebrity Eclipse, and I promised to report back on this thread regarding our parking experience.

I researched and researched and researched for sooooooo long before making a decision, and even after my first two decisions, kept changing my mind.

We ended up going to GlobalAirportParking.com (they are just a booking site -- they don't run the garage!) just a couple of weeks before the cruise, typed in our parameters and were given two options --

1. Cheap Cruise Parking -- Secure Self Port Parking
  2. Premier Cruise Parking -- Secure Garage Port of Miami Parking

We chose the first option listed, Cheap Cruise Parking, because it was a few dollars cheaper. NOTE -- Google "Global Airport Parking coupon" and you will find a $3 coupon to use at checkout. Cheap Cruise Parking was initially $55, but with our $3 coupon we paid $52. Option #2 would have been over $60.

Here's the funny thing about this experience -- BOTH of the above parking options are THE SAME in terms of the garage! When we got to 1415 NE 2nd Ave, there was a sign out front that simply said, "Cruise Parking". It is a GARAGE! We drove in, showed our on-line confirmation, and they directed us up to the 3rd level where all of the cruisers were parking. Interestingly, this place is run by CBM Park & Sail (the guys parking cars and driving the shuttle all wear blue polos branded with CBM Park & Sail) and is called Premier Parking (not to be confused with Premier Parking Ventures) even though we chose "Cheap Cruise Parking".

The shuttle vans look pretty beat up, but hey, they run and they have working seat belts. All of the vans say Premier Parking in old lettering on the side of the vans, and most have dents. Not kidding. It's a little odd. Anyway, we parked where they directed us, kept our keys, and got into the shuttle with a handful of others sailing away on NCL Epic and a Carnival ship. We literally departed the garage 5 minutes after arriving. It was a smooth process.

Coming back, the instructions they gave us (in advance when we dropped off the car) were to wait at the curb at Passenger Pick-up/Drop-off at our terminal. The paperwork says the van runs continuously starting at 7:30 a.m., and that if we've waited 25 minutes to call them, but ONLY if we've waited at least that long. After waiting at the curb for 25 minutes with no Premier Parking van to pick us up, my DH called. They were dispatched and there within 10 minutes. Another couple had waited an hour, while a third couple had waited 30 minutes. We waited 35 minutes. Thankfully, we weren't in a hurry.

Would we park here again? Yes. The garage is secure and safe, and even though the vans look really crappy, I'd much rather wait on the curb for 35 minutes and save over $100 from parking at Port of Miami.

Something to note -- Two other couples on our roll call also parked here and we all paid different prices. Their pricing fluctuates like airfare does, so don't expect it to be the same...and REMEMBER to go online and grab your coupon code if you decide to park here.

Edited by TravlGrl

THANK YOU for taking the time to write this. I am about to book via global airport parking and was going to buy the secured garage option...but now i will just do the cheaper one...saves me a few $$!!

You're so welcome! My recommendation is to call them after the cruise if you've waited 15 minutes with no shuttle. It was silly for us to wait the full 25 minutes before calling, and clearly, they hadn't even left the garage until we called to tell them we were waiting. When is your cruise? I'd like to hear your experience when you get back as well. I'm glad we chose this option.

You're so welcome! My recommendation is to call them after the cruise if you've waited 15 minutes with no shuttle. It was silly for us to wait the full 25 minutes before calling, and clearly, they hadn't even left the garage until we called to tell them we were waiting. When is your cruise? I'd like to hear your experience when you get back as well. I'm glad we chose this option.

March 18th on NCL pearl. I am still considering the portofmiamicruiseparking.com for the $4.50 or whatever, most of the reviews have been good (other than the above poster who it also happens to be their 1st post)....will be making a decision soon! What time did you get to the garage? I have heard they wont let you in before 11? with the cheaper option I can just grab a taxi and not have to wait for the free shuttle.

I prefer to leave from Port everglades as I always use the same parking lot there that is great....plus I am north of ft. lauderdale so its closer. I will definitely report back

Edited by jsteinberg