Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

Great, please let us know about the vans. And "ambam" and "redxpanda", thanks for the feedback.:)

Glad to see lots of positive feedback, and I decided to try this garage again but booked directly this time.

Last May our arrival was a complete clusterf---. We arrived at the garage close to our reservation time, no one knew what was going on, and 5 cars of people just sat and waited for 30 mins to be told what to do and where to go. There wasn't enough room on the first shuttle even though we were one of the first cars there, and we got to the port an hour later. We were not happy campers. The trip back to parking was much smoother. I'm thinking that our bad experience getting to port was just a fluke so we're giving it another shot.

Just as a side note, make sure you fill up your car with gas before getting to downtown Miami - gas stations start to become far and few between and much more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done a lot of research. If you use the lot under the freeway (1213 N Miami Ave) (we're a high top conversion van and too tall for the garage) , it's owned by Safecruiseparking and it's $8.59/day, or $60.13/week if you go through them directly. They said it's fenced, and they have two security guards and a dog every night when they close. I first contacted Premiercruiseparking, and they reserved us a spot at this lot but they would have charged us $84. They said they didn't own any parking there, that they were referring us over to Safecruiseparking, and that we'd actually use the safecruiseparking shuttles. They told me this after I called and asked about safecruiseparking. I called Miami PD, and they said the PD is a few blocks away and he was familiar with the lot and would feel safe leaving a car there. I've spent hours and hours on this, maybe a little OCD perhaps. I just pisses me off the port would charge $160 to park, so I'm taking a chance and parking there March 30.

I've done a lot of research. If you use the lot under the freeway (1213 N Miami Ave) (we're a high top conversion van and too tall for the garage) , it's owned by Safecruiseparking and it's $8.59/day, or $60.13/week if you go through them directly. They said it's fenced, and they have two security guards and a dog every night when they close. I first contacted Premiercruiseparking, and they reserved us a spot at this lot but they would have charged us $84. They said they didn't own any parking there, that they were referring us over to Safecruiseparking, and that we'd actually use the safecruiseparking shuttles. They told me this after I called and asked about safecruiseparking. I called Miami PD, and they said the PD is a few blocks away and he was familiar with the lot and would feel safe leaving a car there. I've spent hours and hours on this, maybe a little OCD perhaps. I just pisses me off the port would charge $160 to park, so I'm taking a chance and parking there March 30.

Im thinking of using them on April 6th just to see if its much different from another lot I have been using besides the cost.

The only thing that bothers me with this company is that the phone # listed comes up to another company on a google search and the reviews are not that great.

Hopefully we can get some good reviews in the future.

Just booked a cruise in October, and was researching the parking options. (We have decided it is significantly less expensive to rent a vehicle, drive 20 hours to Miami, leave it in the lot for a week and drive back ... than fly four people to Miami round trip. If it were just two people I would probably think otherwise.)

So, in skimming this thread, it looks like Premier Cruise Parking (NOT Premier Parking Venture) is preferable at around $8-9/day.

However, I noticed that airport parking is about half that at Embassy Suites Airport Parking. I can see that some people are saying that this option would require a taxi back from the port. However, I thought Carnival shuttled people back to the airport, and Embassy could shuttles people from the airport to their hotel and parking. So why would I need a taxi? What piece of information am I missing (or incorrectly fabricating)?

Thanks.

Just booked a cruise in October, and was researching the parking options. (We have decided it is significantly less expensive to rent a vehicle, drive 20 hours to Miami, leave it in the lot for a week and drive back ... than fly four people to Miami round trip. If it were just two people I would probably think otherwise.)

So, in skimming this thread, it looks like Premier Cruise Parking (NOT Premier Parking Venture) is preferable at around $8-9/day.

However, I noticed that airport parking is about half that at Embassy Suites Airport Parking. I can see that some people are saying that this option would require a taxi back from the port. However, I thought Carnival shuttled people back to the airport, and Embassy could shuttles people from the airport to their hotel and parking. So why would I need a taxi? What piece of information am I missing (or incorrectly fabricating)?

Thanks.

There is a $4 lot at 150 NE 7th st, just outside the port. It's not fancy, but if you have a rental car don't worry. Cost us $31 total for the week, plus $3 RT for the shuttle. Drop off your family at the ship and go back to park. If you need a garage, call 800-435-3195 and book direct with the owner for about $8/day, free shuttle, about a mile from the ships.

Edited by neptuno
spelling

I am not sure how many of you are staying in Miami the night before but another great option is to find a stay and cruise hotel.. I think our friends found one last year for less than 115. And they shuttled them to the port all you do is pay for your room stay there and leave your vehicle.. We did this in Tampa last year I paid 89$ for a room that slept 6. Hubby drove us to pier(usually only 2ppl for shuttle unless you pay for the others) we got the luggage tagged and sent right away. They dropped truck off and was back within 40 mins. We were already on the boat with our girls settled. We are planning on doing it this way as well.. We don't need fancy just clean and safe.. Just another thought...

Actually, *my* question may end up being moot. My dad took me to lunch today and told me he and my step-mom want to pay the difference so that we can fly there and back and save the hassle of driving 20 hours each way with two young kids (one of whom is autistic). :D

So now I may end up making some Priceline attempts at airfare and single-night hotels.

• 2 weeks later...

I see a lot of people talking about a garage they parked at with this company. Has anyone booked with united airport parking and not parked at a garage. I have booked out parking for the cruise on the Breeze April 27th 13 and the address i was given after i paid is 1221 NE 1st Avenue

Miami, FL 33132 and after looking up this address on google, it is not a garage. Anyone have any feedback on this particular address?

There is a $4 lot at 150 NE 7th st, just outside the port. It's not fancy, but if you have a rental car don't worry. Cost us $31 total for the week, plus $3 RT for the shuttle. Drop off your family at the ship and go back to park. If you need a garage, call 800-435-3195 and book direct with the owner for about $8/day, free shuttle, about a mile from the ships.

Don't like to repeat myself, but above are your best options.

• 4 weeks later...
I see a lot of people talking about a garage they parked at with this company. Has anyone booked with united airport parking and not parked at a garage. I have booked out parking for the cruise on the Breeze April 27th 13 and the address i was given after i paid is 1221 NE 1st Avenue

Miami, FL 33132 and after looking up this address on google, it is not a garage. Anyone have any feedback on this particular address?

Was that from unitedairportparking.com? I used them last time in miami and it was at

but this was 2010...

Airport/Seaport : POM - Miami - Port of Miami

Parking Lot Arrival : 08/16/2010 10:00 am

Parking Lot Return : 08/20/2010 8:00 am

Parking Facility : MIA Premier Cruise Parking Providing Secure Garage

Self Parking

Address : 1415 NE 2nd Ave

: Miami, FL 33132

Please let me know, because if it's not the same company, i will book elsewhere, it's already $73 now the quote, i can get it cheaper than that if i want to park in some lot in the sun..

Also on the breeze on the 27th, but i haven't picked a place yet, might have to go with the global parking, my old 2012 email says shuttles were 11:30 to 3:30 on ship leaving days. i know we left for the port around 10am the last time, but i suspect this is contracted out locations. and unitedairportparking uses a different lot now it seems. Glad you wrote their address so i can avoid it.

Found the old garage at http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/ unitedairport parking used to use this one, now they don't... This one is actually covered!

Covered and cheaper... gotta love google!

Edited by bizzy2010

Back from our cruise and wanted to give a short report about a parking lot we used in Miami. We used a lot called "safe cruise parking."

It could be considered a bad area. The lot is under the Dolphin expressway so your car is covered. The lot is gated but I did notice a person walking through that did not belong. There is a attendant at the gate checking your reservation, tells you where to park and was very friendly.

We waited about 5 minutes for the shuttle and were on our way to the port.

Return to the lot was easy. You put a sticker on your shirt (given by lot attendant at lot) so you are recognized by a guy outside of the building at the port. He holds a sign with the cruise company name on it. He then calls a shuttle to pick you up.

Only issue we had was the driver told us to get inside and our luggage at curbside would get loaded. When we returned to the lot one of our bags was missing. We asked the guy to call the guy back at the port to try and locate it while we drive back. This driver had attitude and said we never gave him the bag and was not going to call. I told the guy to move the van so I could leave and I sped back to the port to luckily find our bag sitting curbside.

The guy with the sign was there and we told him about how the driver handled it and he immediately got on his phone and was yelling in spanish..... assuming it was directed at the driver.

Over all it was a good experience using this lot. There were a lot of new cars parked there such as BMW, Mercedes, lexus etc.

Would I use the lot again? Yes. Next time I will not get in the van until I see our bags go inside.

For the price of $42.95 it was worth it.

While poking around about cruise parking in Miami on TripAdvisor and so forth, I kept seeing posts that were somewhat alarmist about the possibility of vandalism or theft since the various cruise lots are in an area of Miami with lots of homeless people, etc.

Here's a site worth checking before you choose a parking lot:

http://www.crimemapping.com/map/fl/miami

This will change, of course, over time. But at present there does not seem to be a huge problem at the various port parking venues.

To gain more perspective, get the addresses of parking lots under consideration, find them on a map program, or get a fix using their mapped location on their web site, then compare to this police map. While not all crimes get reported, patterns exist and this might prove helpful especially if you are coming from a distance.

Edited by Theologator
clarity

While poking around about cruise parking in Miami on TripAdvisor and so forth, I kept seeing posts that were somewhat alarmist about the possibility of vandalism or theft since the various cruise lots are in an area of Miami with lots of homeless people, etc.

Here's a site worth checking before you choose a parking lot:

http://www.crimemapping.com/map/fl/miami

This will change, of course, over time. But at present there does not seem to be a huge problem at the various port parking venues.

To gain more perspective, get the addresses of parking lots under consideration, find them on a map program, or get a fix using their mapped location on their web site, then compare to this police map. While not all crimes get reported, patterns exist and this might prove helpful especially if you are coming from a distance.

After looking more at that crime map, I noted that you can set the range of dates. Looking from January 1 through today, there are more vehicle break-ins than I had seen with the default date view - which was just one week. So, again, look specifically at the parking venue under consideration.

Also of concern, there appear to be a significant number of thefts, larceny and assaults AT THE CRUISE TERMINALS. Watch your bags and don't let anyone provoke you into a confrontation.

I can't tell from the map if the incidents have happened on the curb, in the garage or where.

I just went with 1415 Northeast 2nd Ave

Miami, 33132

Used that garage before, and i'm going to use them again, the last time we got out of the car and were in the van in minutes... The return was a little more difficult, but i felt so bad for the van driver. This other small group of people were so rude and mean and crazy. You just got off the boat on a relaxing vacation.Why the need to freak out if it takes the van an extra 30 mins? Really? Chill... It's hot in florida. NO ****! Lol.. We deal with it all year!

My boyfriend and I had a negative experience using Premier Cruise Parking two weeks ago over Spring Break. We found the garage easily enough. The directions were great, and the garage was marked. We arrived very shortly after 9:30 am like we had sign-up to do.

The attendant at the entrance told us that the person from Premier wouldn't be there until 11 am. I was a little irritated that we would have to wait so long, but we shrugged it off since we were getting the parking at such a great price.

We walked to Burger King and grabbed coffee and settled in the car to wait. Everything was great until about 10:40. An employee walking around told us we had to leave, and we couldn't come back until 11:00 because of the drug trafficking problem. We were even more annoyed now that the website allowed us to book a time before the Premier Parking person got there since we weren't allowed to sit in the parking garage.

We left the garage and drove around the area for 20 minutes. When we returned at 11:00, we were told that the attendant wasn't there yet, but we could park on this level and wait for him. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the guy to get there so we could go up to the parking level. After the Premier guy go there, we were able to get on the second shuttle and made our way quickly to the port.

They seemed a little disorganized, but still not too bad for a cheap parking option. I would still be willing to use this company again if we had gotten picked up in a timely manner. When we got off the ship, we spoke to a man who had been waiting about half an hour for a shuttle. We waited about 15 minutes before we saw the shuttle. We were not able to get on that shuttle. In the next 30 minutes we only saw 1 other shuttle from Premier Cruise Parking, and because it was full, it didn't even slow down. We waved at the shuttle trying to get the driver's attention, but apparently he didn't see us. We finally ended up having to call just to get them to send a shuttle over to the Carnival terminal.

As we waited the 45 minutes for the shuttle, I wrote down the names of the company shuttles that would show up every 5-10 minutes. Next year, I will be using one of those other companies who was running more than 2 shuttles.

To add insult to injury, one block from the parking garage we had to wait 30 minutes for a bike marathon to thin out enough for us to cross the road. While it wasn't the companies fault that there was a bike race going on, if they had picked us up in a timely manner, we wouldn't have had to wait.

If you have had a good experience with this company, you are very lucky. After my experience, I cannot recommend this company to anyone if they expect to work with a company who is organized and professional.

My boyfriend and I had a negative experience using Premier Cruise Parking two weeks ago over Spring Break. We found the garage easily enough. The directions were great, and the garage was marked. We arrived very shortly after 9:30 am like we had sign-up to do.

The attendant at the entrance told us that the person from Premier wouldn't be there until 11 am. I was a little irritated that we would have to wait so long, but we shrugged it off since we were getting the parking at such a great price.

We walked to Burger King and grabbed coffee and settled in the car to wait. Everything was great until about 10:40. An employee walking around told us we had to leave, and we couldn't come back until 11:00 because of the drug trafficking problem. We were even more annoyed now that the website allowed us to book a time before the Premier Parking person got there since we weren't allowed to sit in the parking garage.

We left the garage and drove around the area for 20 minutes. When we returned at 11:00, we were told that the attendant wasn't there yet, but we could park on this level and wait for him. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the guy to get there so we could go up to the parking level. After the Premier guy go there, we were able to get on the second shuttle and made our way quickly to the port.

They seemed a little disorganized, but still not too bad for a cheap parking option. I would still be willing to use this company again if we had gotten picked up in a timely manner. When we got off the ship, we spoke to a man who had been waiting about half an hour for a shuttle. We waited about 15 minutes before we saw the shuttle. We were not able to get on that shuttle. In the next 30 minutes we only saw 1 other shuttle from Premier Cruise Parking, and because it was full, it didn't even slow down. We waved at the shuttle trying to get the driver's attention, but apparently he didn't see us. We finally ended up having to call just to get them to send a shuttle over to the Carnival terminal.

As we waited the 45 minutes for the shuttle, I wrote down the names of the company shuttles that would show up every 5-10 minutes. Next year, I will be using one of those other companies who was running more than 2 shuttles.

To add insult to injury, one block from the parking garage we had to wait 30 minutes for a bike marathon to thin out enough for us to cross the road. While it wasn't the companies fault that there was a bike race going on, if they had picked us up in a timely manner, we wouldn't have had to wait.

If you have had a good experience with this company, you are very lucky. After my experience, I cannot recommend this company to anyone if they expect to work with a company who is organized and professional.

Thanks for the info, Alayna.

Would you share the names of those shuttles you'll be investigating for next year? I haven't made a reservation yet so I'd like to compare prices, location, reviews, etc.

One thing I noted about this location is the fact that it's a garage. The street-level lots seem to have more exposure and hence more trouble. I'd be willing to park farther away if it meant more timely pick up, etc. even at the same price.

Thanks!

Tim

We used the same lot on our cruise and here is our experience.

Pros: The lot is safe, our car was there when we returned, the price was as quoted, the shuttle to the port was pretty easy. I dropped off my family and the bags just easier and then parked the car.

Cons: They do not explain to you that parking starts on the 5th floor, The attendants are a bit disorganized and do not speak fluent English, We waited 45 minutes outside for a shuttle and never saw one come by, we ended up taking a cab back to the garage for about $10. My advice if you use this service be prepared to find your own way back to the garage return transportation is unreliable.

I am not sure how many of you are staying in Miami the night before but another great option is to find a stay and cruise hotel.. I think our friends found one last year for less than 115. And they shuttled them to the port all you do is pay for your room stay there and leave your vehicle.. We did this in Tampa last year I paid 89$ for a room that slept 6. Hubby drove us to pier(usually only 2ppl for shuttle unless you pay for the others) we got the luggage tagged and sent right away. They dropped truck off and was back within 40 mins. We were already on the boat with our girls settled. We are planning on doing it this way as well.. We don't need fancy just clean and safe.. Just another thought...

Do you know where they stayed?

We used Premier Parking Deck earlier in April. Everything pre-cruise was great :-)

Post Cruise: We had to wait 30 minutes to get picked up. I called after 20 minutes per the instructions and they told me the last van was there at 0901 and it was returning.

I found several other people waiting for the van. Another guest had also called and was told that the van was there at 0851. (hmmm)

The van had arrived shortly (10 minutes) after I called but could not fit everyone who was waiting.

My 2012 Civic was in great shape and I would used premier again BUT I will not wait 20 minutes again before I call to get picked up.

It seems to me that they wait until several people call before they come for a pick up

• 2 weeks later...

We used Premier parking, Lot 58 out of Miami on our last cruise. They took us to the port and said they would pick us up at 7:00 a.m. We were out there by 7:15 a.m. and started calling at 7:30. Someone said they were on the way, but sounded half asleep. 20 min. later no one would answer the phone. 1 hour later, everyone had to pay someone to take them to the parking lot to get their car. All the premier vans were parked and we were lucky the gate was open so we could get our cars. The parking is in a bad section and my guess is the gate was never locked. Do not use Premier Parking USA!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

We just used Premier Parking USA for our Liberty Cruise and parked in lot 58 and had a great experience.

I was looking to save some money on parking since I think port parking price for Port of Miami is ridiculous. I came across the Premier Parking USA and decided to give it a try. I was leery after booking because of some reviews I read and it would be the first time using off site parking for a cruise...but I am glad I did it and will use them again.

Within 5 minutes of arrival we were taken to the port, the driver was very polite and we were at the port within minutes. We were given directions on what bench to wait at when we were to return to the lot at the end of the cruise.

At the end of the cruise we just went to the bench, no phone call needed. We waited less than 20 minutes and the van arrived to take us back to the lot. My only complaint was the air condition did not work for the back of the van but the ride was so short it didn't really bother me. When we arrived back at the lot my car was in the exact same condition as I left it.

I know with any company there is good and bad experiences but mine was definitely a good one and I will be using them in the future for all my Port of Miami departures.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read through this entire thread with a lot of interest as there seems to be very limited options for parking. You'd think with a port this size there would be more choices.:confused:

We will be there in December and right now our options will either be Premier Cruise Parking or we may try and find a nearby hotel with a shuttle service.

You'd think with a port this size there would be more choices.:confused:

The Port is located in the downtown area of one of this country's largest and most congested cities - most of the hotels charge their paying guests an extra $25-30+ per day to park! :eek: Finding cheap land for parking requires either distance (which is why most of the hotels offering cruise parking deals are out near the MIA airport) or a bad area of town. :(

Parking at POM is $20/day and is:

1. convenient,
  2. covered and
  3. secure

Parking off port will save you $$ but you will sacrifice at least one or two (and maybe all three :mad:) of the three POM parking features. If you want to park cheap close to the port try cruising from smaller cities like FLL or PC.

Good luck! :)

I have read through this entire thread with a lot of interest as there seems to be very limited options for parking. You'd think with a port this size there would be more choices.:confused:

We will be there in December and right now our options will either be Premier Cruise Parking or we may try and find a nearby hotel with a shuttle service.

We plan to use the garage at:

1415 NE 2nd Ave,

Miami, FL - 33132

It is a garage, not a lot, has security 24/7, and a complimentary shuttle for up to 4 people.

I gather we aren't supposed to post direct links to vendors, but you'll be able to easily find them through globalairportparking dot com - look under seaports. This is NOT "premiercruiseparkingusa" which by all accounts is a nightmare.

I took the time to check the Miami-Dade police department's crime map. That area of Miami IS pretty rough, but there were no incidents at thus location so far in 2013. However, there were a number (70) of thefts and other crimes at the cruise port. Watch your bags!

http://www.miami-police.org/CrimeMapping.html