Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

March 18th on NCL pearl. I am still considering the portofmiamicruiseparking.com for the $4.50 or whatever, most of the reviews have been good (other than the above poster who it also happens to be their 1st post)....will be making a decision soon! What time did you get to the garage? I have heard they wont let you in before 11? with the cheaper option I can just grab a taxi and not have to wait for the free shuttle.

I prefer to leave from Port everglades as I always use the same parking lot there that is great....plus I am north of ft. lauderdale so its closer. I will definitely report back

We got to the garage at about 10:50am. Our goal was 10:30am and I hadn't heard they won't let you in before 11. They certainly let us in, and there were...I'm guessing...maybe 15 cars already parked there before we got there. :confused:

We're also in Delray, and I also prefer Port Everglades simply because there are multiple good parking options and it's not a stressful decision to make like it is in Miami! :eek:

We just arrived back to Port of Miami today on Celebrity Eclipse, and I promised to report back on this thread regarding our parking experience.

I researched and researched and researched for sooooooo long before making a decision, and even after my first two decisions, kept changing my mind.

We ended up going to GlobalAirportParking.com (they are just a booking site -- they don't run the garage!) just a couple of weeks before the cruise, typed in our parameters and were given two options --

1. Cheap Cruise Parking -- Secure Self Port Parking
  2. Premier Cruise Parking -- Secure Garage Port of Miami Parking

We chose the first option listed, Cheap Cruise Parking, because it was a few dollars cheaper. NOTE -- Google "Global Airport Parking coupon" and you will find a $3 coupon to use at checkout. Cheap Cruise Parking was initially $55, but with our $3 coupon we paid $52. Option #2 would have been over $60.

Here's the funny thing about this experience -- BOTH of the above parking options are THE SAME in terms of the garage! When we got to 1415 NE 2nd Ave, there was a sign out front that simply said, "Cruise Parking". It is a GARAGE! We drove in, showed our on-line confirmation, and they directed us up to the 3rd level where all of the cruisers were parking. Interestingly, this place is run by CBM Park & Sail (the guys parking cars and driving the shuttle all wear blue polos branded with CBM Park & Sail) and is called Premier Parking (not to be confused with Premier Parking Ventures) even though we chose "Cheap Cruise Parking".

The shuttle vans look pretty beat up, but hey, they run and they have working seat belts. All of the vans say Premier Parking in old lettering on the side of the vans, and most have dents. Not kidding. It's a little odd. Anyway, we parked where they directed us, kept our keys, and got into the shuttle with a handful of others sailing away on NCL Epic and a Carnival ship. We literally departed the garage 5 minutes after arriving. It was a smooth process.

Coming back, the instructions they gave us (in advance when we dropped off the car) were to wait at the curb at Passenger Pick-up/Drop-off at our terminal. The paperwork says the van runs continuously starting at 7:30 a.m., and that if we've waited 25 minutes to call them, but ONLY if we've waited at least that long. After waiting at the curb for 25 minutes with no Premier Parking van to pick us up, my DH called. They were dispatched and there within 10 minutes. Another couple had waited an hour, while a third couple had waited 30 minutes. We waited 35 minutes. Thankfully, we weren't in a hurry.

Would we park here again? Yes. The garage is secure and safe, and even though the vans look really crappy, I'd much rather wait on the curb for 35 minutes and save over $100 from parking at Port of Miami.

Something to note -- Two other couples on our roll call also parked here and we all paid different prices. Their pricing fluctuates like airfare does, so don't expect it to be the same...and REMEMBER to go online and grab your coupon code if you decide to park here.

Thank you so much for you taking the time to post your experience. It sounds like this is the place to park for those of us that want our cars as secure as we can get them and still less expensive than the port parking. Thanks for telling us about the two differences also to save money.

We are back from our Destiny cruise. We booked the parking at 150 NE7th St. and are glad we did. A four night cruise cost us $38, $18 for the parking and $10 each way for a cab.Beats the daylights out of the $80 to park at POM. Here is their link: http://portofmiamicruiseparking.com/

The parking lot is an open lot with a fence around it. There was a man there when we checked in and out. Not security, but to make sure you had a reservation and to make sure you parked correctly. It was tight parking but we didn't have any problems. There were a lot of homeless sitting on the streets outside the fence. Our can was dusty but not damaged. We will use this lot again when cruising out of Miami.:D

Edited by Socref124

We are back from our Destiny cruise. We booked the parking at 150 NE7th St. and are glad we did. A four night cruise cost us $38, $18 for the parking and $10 each way for a cab.Beats the daylights out of the $80 to park at POM. Here is their link: http://portofmiamicruiseparking.com/

The parking lot is an open lot with a fence around it. There was a man there when we checked in and out. Not security, but to make sure you had a reservation and to make sure you parked correctly. It was tight parking but we didn't have any problems. There were a lot of homeless sitting on the streets outside the fence. Our can was dusty but not damaged. We will use this lot again when cruising out of Miami.:D

Thanks for the review!

The area of 150 NE7th St is not a nice neighborhood. I am glad the above posters didn't have a problem. But if your car is not damaged at this lot its because you were lucky not because you or your car was safe. There is ZERO security at this lot. The fence is in disrepair, and people meander through this lot at all hours.

As a new member I want to thank all of you for taking the time to post about your experiences and the options for off site parking at the Port of Miami. After spending way too much time on the web researching locations and available lots I was getting ready just to pay the ridiculous $20.00 a day to park at the Port. Then I thought of this site and the information here helped me decide to use Global Airport Parking to book my reservation. I also Googled Global Airport Parking Coupon and used coupon code 89898 saving $3.00. For 7 days it is costing us $64.00. We leave next week and I will post when I return about our experience. Frankly after seeing the candid photos of the less expensive alternatives I decided that the security of the garage was worth the additional price. Thank you all again.:

Edited by explorer99
Typos....

As a new member I want to thank all of you for taking the time to post about your experiences and the options for off site parking at the Port of Miami. After spending way too much time on the web researching locations and available lots I was getting ready just to pay the ridiculous $20.00 a day to park at the Port. Then I thought of this site and the information here helped me decide to use Global Airport Parking to book my reservation. I also Googled Global Airport Parking Coupon and used coupon code 89898 saving $3.00. For 7 days it is costing us $64.00. We leave next week and I will post when I return about our experience. Frankly after seeing the candid photos of the less expensive alternatives I decided that the security of the garage was worth the additional price. Thank you all again.:

I'm with you! Hubby and I will pay the extra $ for the added security and peace of mind while we are gone. My mouth really dropped :eek: when I saw the above pictures, but thanks for posting them.

we also used the Global Airport Parking when we went on our cruise in Dec, My husband dropped us and the luggage off @ the port and he went and dropped the vehicle off. we loved it was a secure garage.. But we knew beforehand where we would be parking since I was working in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise and we started looking for cheaper alternatives.. he was back to the port in less than 30 mins.. We had already checked in since there was 7 of us and 4 being children was so much easier just to wait for him after check in.. On our return day he left us had to wait a whole 15 mins got a van and was back to us in less than 30 mins.. all for the grand total of 49.00 for a savings of almost 100$ which we used to get a room to enjoy the beach for another day :)

Those that have used cheap cruise parking through globalairportparking.com I have a few questions.

It says the shuttle starts running at 11 am. Does the garage open prior to that?

You get to take the keys with you?

If I reserve it with my credit card do I have to be there when we drop the car off? The plan was for my dad and brother to drop my mom and I off at the port with the bags and they go park the car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what happens if you get to the global parking lot before 11:00 if they willlet you in and take you to the port then or do you have to wait??? Thanks

We arrived about 10:45. They let us in. They did not start shuttling until 11, though. The nice thing was that they kept track of everyone's arrival and arranged us in order.

Overall I was very satisfied with the experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know anything about this place and/or is it the same place you are all referring to? It's not the same address as listed previously and they're charging $8/day for a prepaid reservation but the name is sure similar!

Premier USA Parking

811 NW 1st court Lot 58

Miami, FL 33136

Many thanks.

HJ

Facility: The garage is built like a tank. One way in/out and it is locked with an iron gate after 7:00 PM every night.

Incorrect, this is a public garage that services the school board area across the street.

The gate opens weekdays for hourly business and at night for downtown events. The stairwell is not guarded and is easily accessed by the street.

Yep, here's a news article detailing their security precautions:

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007108055971/police-search-for-car-vandals/

Wow. Sad, actually. Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay to park at the pier, after all. Just not worth the risks.

Thanks for the article.

So many cities have off site parking you don't have to worry about. Hopefully, some day, Miami will, too, but that day is apparently not now!

So many cities have off site parking you don't have to worry about. Hopefully, some day, Miami will, too, but that day is apparently not now!

Sad thing is that there are excellent off AIRPORT parking options that I use regularly and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

If you really break it down though, you are saving about $7-10/day. To me its not worth the risk or the hassle, I would skip a round of blackjack or skip a drink a day if it came down to it.

I used to work near one of these lots, our surface parking lot had a 12 foot barbed wire fence, video surveillance and an armed security guard. My car was still broken into twice. Downtown is getting better all the time and I am certain one day I will be able to recommend a reasonable alternative to POM parking.

Edited by miamiyogi

We are booked on a cruise for Feb 2013 out of Miami. We have a home in the Tampa area and plan to drive down to the port. We own a GPS, but I do most of the driving and know that at least once, I will take a wrong turn or exit, since I'm not familiar driving to Miami, To prevent frayed nerves, I'd like to go a day ahead and stay at a hotel, preferably one that offers a stay/park/cruise & r.t. shuttle package, such as can be found in the Port Canaveral area.

I started my online search yesterday, and actually found Premier Parking. They have a website and give their address as 811 NW 1st court Lot 58, Miami, FL 33136 (and phone number 877-809-3009).

I’m a bit hesitant to use Premier. Does anyone have any more recent experiences? Should I just find a hotel and drive to and park at the port?

We often park our car at various off-site parking sites when cruising from a Florida port. Last year we used Premier Parking in Tampa and I would rate them a "D" because of our experience and their lack of professionalism. I also used the United Parking website and was directed to Premier. The address given on the reservation was non existent, the ad stated that it was across the street from the port, not true, the lot had moved several block away and we had to call the 800 number to obtain the new address. No advance notice at all. The shuttle (they only had 1 8 passenger van) took over an hour to load passengers & luggage and drive them to the port - actually is was two block from the port because they did not drop off inside the port. Imagine carrying your luggage across the busy Tampa streets when there are many cruisers arriving to board their ships. We were instructed to come back to the drop off site when we returned from our cruise again walking the 2 block with out luggage.

Well, Premier Parking in Port Canaveral also has it's share of problems. It's been on the news for several days - the lot owner was caught driving a car (staged by the news station). In all fairness to Premier Parking I don't know if they are all owned by the same organization but their reputation has definitely been tarnished. Even with the great review given about the Miami location I don't think I'll ever used any lot with the name of "Premier" again. If you are interested in more on the Port Canaveral story by following the link below.:eek:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/parking-lot-owner-caught-using-customers-car/nNM6q/