Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

I have read and read so many posting on off site parking. Has anyone stayed at the Safe Cruise Parking Area. It is under the highway. Do the shuttles run by 9:30am? Do you take your keys? How long to get a shuttle back? Is it safe? I hate going out of Miami because of the parking issues...... Please help!

I have read and read so many posting on off site parking. Has anyone stayed at the Safe Cruise Parking Area. It is under the highway. Do the shuttles run by 9:30am? Do you take your keys? How long to get a shuttle back? Is it safe? I hate going out of Miami because of the parking issues...... Please help!

Minnie,

Try the crime map linked in my post preceding yours. Set the date range for the last several months and zoom in on that address. It looks to me like they are incident free despite lots of crime in the area, but you should satisfy yourself on that as you make your decision. You might also check that site out on tripadvisor.com's forums.

Please post what you decide & how it works out.

Tim

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

you do not leave your keys there. I was on the shuttle at about 10 AM but you must remember there will be shuttles returning with guests so there could be a slight delay. I thought it was safe but what is safe to one may not be to others.

The shuttle in my opinion is very efficient on getting you back. I was in my car by 8:15 or so. The savings were well worth it.

• 1 month later...

I have been reading through these posts also stumped by the POM parking options. I went on global airport parking dot com, and entered my dates, and this is the response I got:

How It Works

We partner with local hotels allowing our customers to park in the hotel lot and use their free shuttle with NO ROOM RESERVATION REQUIRED. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your parking spot is guaranteed instantly when booking online. Upon booking a reservation you are provided with the full address, driving directions, and the phone number to the actual facility. Simply present your confirmation at the front desk and enjoy free round trip shuttle service. Traveling can be stressful but with a guaranteed reservation you don’t have to worry about where to park.

I fully expected to get info on Premiers 2nd ave. parking garage. Is this something new? It sounds like a Priceline type of deal. But it worries me that I may be assigned a not so good parking area.

I have been reading through these posts also stumped by the POM parking options. I went on global airport parking dot com, and entered my dates, and this is the response I got:

How It Works

We partner with local hotels allowing our customers to park in the hotel lot and use their free shuttle with NO ROOM RESERVATION REQUIRED. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your parking spot is guaranteed instantly when booking online. Upon booking a reservation you are provided with the full address, driving directions, and the phone number to the actual facility. Simply present your confirmation at the front desk and enjoy free round trip shuttle service. Traveling can be stressful but with a guaranteed reservation you don’t have to worry about where to park.

I fully expected to get info on Premiers 2nd ave. parking garage. Is this something new? It sounds like a Priceline type of deal. But it worries me that I may be assigned a not so good parking area.

When are you sailing? I hope you'll post your experience, good or bad, on this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
We plan to use the garage at:

1415 NE 2nd Ave,

Miami, FL - 33132

It is a garage, not a lot, has security 24/7, and a complimentary shuttle for up to 4 people.

I gather we aren't supposed to post direct links to vendors, but you'll be able to easily find them through globalairportparking dot com - look under seaports. This is NOT "premiercruiseparkingusa" which by all accounts is a nightmare.

I took the time to check the Miami-Dade police department's crime map. That area of Miami IS pretty rough, but there were no incidents at thus location so far in 2013. However, there were a number (70) of thefts and other crimes at the cruise port. Watch your bags!

http://www.miami-police.org/CrimeMapping.html

Hi,

We are planning a Dec cruise out of Miami and was looking for an alternative to the $20 / day parking at the port. I believe the garage you memtioned is operated by Global Airport Parking and advertised as "premier cruise parking port of Miami".

If you do a Google earth search it allow you a street view. It looks like the featured picture on the reservations site. The cost would be acceptable especially with the security and shuttle.

Are you planning on cruising soon? Have you used this location before?

Email me at gjlx2@yahoo.com. Would like to discuss further.

Thanks

Gary

Hi,

We are planning a Dec cruise out of Miami and was looking for an alternative to the $20 / day parking at the port. I believe the garage you memtioned is operated by Global Airport Parking and advertised as "premier cruise parking port of Miami".

If you do a Google earth search it allow you a street view. It looks like the featured picture on the reservations site. The cost would be acceptable especially with the security and shuttle.

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

Our cruise in January will be our first out of Miami. I did do some research on this but have not parked there before.

I realized that peoples' experiences are anecdotal, so I looked at the Miami-Dade Police Crime Map to see how many incidents actually occur at various parking locations. I haven't checked it in a couple of months, but you can here:

What I noted before was that the lots receiving a lot of negative reviews did indeed have a lot of car-related crimes; vandalism, break-ins, etc. this particular lot (a garage) had none. I also noted a surprising number of crimes reported at the cruise port. Many of those looked to be theft of luggage, but car-related ones as well.

That's the sum of my knowledge to date. I'll recheck the map before I book a parking location in a few weeks.

Please post your decision & experience here when done. And have a great cruise!

Tim

Hi Gary,

Our cruise in January will be our first out of Miami. I did do some research on this but have not parked there before.

I realized that peoples' experiences are anecdotal, so I looked at the Miami-Dade Police Crime Map to see how many incidents actually occur at various parking locations. I haven't checked it in a couple of months, but you can here:

What I noted before was that the lots receiving a lot of negative reviews did indeed have a lot of car-related crimes; vandalism, break-ins, etc. this particular lot (a garage) had none. I also noted a surprising number of crimes reported at the cruise port. Many of those looked to be theft of luggage, but car-related ones as well.

That's the sum of my knowledge to date. I'll recheck the map before I book a parking location in a few weeks.

Please post your decision & experience here when done. And have a great cruise!

Tim

Tim,

You are right about the anecdotal experiences and everyone will have some negative ones, but doing the required research can reduce the chances of having one. I have attached a link to their web site where they have some recent reviews.

http://globalairportparking.com/port_of_miami_seaport_parking_POM/premier_cruise_parking_port_of_miami_489

There appears to be several educational institutions, day care, etc nearby. I will contact this company to learn more about them and their policies, and let you know. Of course should I choose to use them I will return with a review of what I experienced.

I do have some other ideas I am pursuing related to trip down and getting to port. If they pan out I will share them.

Gary

Gary,

From where are you traveling?

We're in the Ocala area, about 5 hours north of Miami. There used to be "Cruise Connection" buses that ran from The Villages to each Florida cruise port including Miami. That ceased last year (I think) but there is some rumor that another company will establish a new route.

Tim

Hi,

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary:

I posted on this conversation earlier....this is a safe place to leave your car for the duration of your cruise...it is, in fact, a parking garage at 1415 E.2nd Street. This is the only place we park when we cruise out of Miami. We have no problems with the shuttle either dropping us off or picking us up. Many people have this confused with Premier Parking USA, which hands out a yellow shirt tag for you to wear for the pick up, and get angry when the Premier Parking van pulls up...it is identified with the words "PREMIER PARKING" with blue lettering...This company hands out a blue sheet of paper when they drop you off at the port and they specifically tell you to have that sheet of paper in your hand and look for their specific vans. We have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for pick up at the port. The vans are in the garage when we pull in to park and we are at the port in no time. Drivers are very courteous and honest...we left our camera (with case and all the lenses) in the van when they dropped us off at the garage after our cruise ended...we called their office, who, in turn, notified the driver. He was on his way to the Miami airport to drop off passengers...he secured our camera and accessories, and drove back to meet us. We have also used this company in Ft. Lauderdale and had the same experience. As I have said, we would use no other company. Hope you have a safe and happy cruise!

Gary,

From where are you traveling?

We're in the Ocala area, about 5 hours north of Miami. There used to be "Cruise Connection" buses that ran from The Villages to each Florida cruise port including Miami. That ceased last year (I think) but there is some rumor that another company will establish a new route.

Tim

I am in Cocoa Beach area, and will be sailing out of Miami in Feb. on NCL Epic. I found on their website a bus that runs Jacksonville to POM. I am considering this as an option, picking up the bus in Melbourne for $50.

Hi Gary:

I posted on this conversation earlier....this is a safe place to leave your car for the duration of your cruise...it is, in fact, a parking garage at 1415 E.2nd Street. This is the only place we park when we cruise out of Miami. We have no problems with the shuttle either dropping us off or picking us up. Many people have this confused with Premier Parking USA, which hands out a yellow shirt tag for you to wear for the pick up, and get angry when the Premier Parking van pulls up...it is identified with the words "PREMIER PARKING" with blue lettering...This company hands out a blue sheet of paper when they drop you off at the port and they specifically tell you to have that sheet of paper in your hand and look for their specific vans. We have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for pick up at the port. The vans are in the garage when we pull in to park and we are at the port in no time. Drivers are very courteous and honest...we left our camera (with case and all the lenses) in the van when they dropped us off at the garage after our cruise ended...we called their office, who, in turn, notified the driver. He was on his way to the Miami airport to drop off passengers...he secured our camera and accessories, and drove back to meet us. We have also used this company in Ft. Lauderdale and had the same experience. As I have said, we would use no other company. Hope you have a safe and happy cruise!

Hi 2flacruisers,

Yours and Theologator's posts make me feel more comfortable with reserving this off-site parking option for our Dec 7th cruise. I could be wrong and they may have since added other parking facilities, but think this is the only garage Global Airport Parking has in Miami. I posted the link in an earlier post.

Is this the site you use to reserve a parking spot or do you call? What if your plans change after reserving a spot, is there a problem with refunds?

There are 5 other ships in port that day. How early do you need to reserve to assure a spot?

I am pursuing other options getting to port but will most likely drive down from Myrtle Beach, SC area and stay overnight in the Orlando area, then use this off-site parking. Will post my experience on return.

If anyone else has recently used this garage recently, let us know what you think.

Were you on last years Celebrity Equinox TA out of Rome on Nov 26th?

Gary

For safety and convenience, we plan on parking our car at the Port of Miami parking for our November cruise. Does anyone know if you have to make a reservation for this or just show up? Do you pay upfront or as you leave? Is it cash only or do they accept credits cards?

Thanks!

For safety and convenience, we plan on parking our car at the Port of Miami parking for our November cruise. Does anyone know if you have to make a reservation for this or just show up? Do you pay upfront or as you leave? Is it cash only or do they accept credits cards?

Thanks!

No reservation necessary. You are very smart.

I cannot believe the amount of people who will blindly park in areas locals have told them is either marginal or dangerous to save $40 just because other cruisers, who live thousands of miles away, had one decent experience.

We plan to use the garage at:

1415 NE 2nd Ave,

Miami, FL - 33132

It is a garage, not a lot, has security 24/7, and a complimentary shuttle for up to 4 people.

I took the time to check the Miami-Dade police department's crime map. That area of Miami IS pretty rough, but there were no incidents at thus location so far in 2013. However, there were a number (70) of thefts and other crimes at the cruise port. Watch your bags!

NO!!!! OMG don't park in that area!! The police crime map is crimes that were charged!!! Half the time the cops don't even show to some of those areas.

Hi 2flacruisers,

Yours and Theologator's posts make me feel more comfortable with reserving this off-site parking option for our Dec 7th cruise. I could be wrong and they may have since added other parking facilities, but think this is the only garage Global Airport Parking has in Miami. I posted the link in an earlier post.

Is this the site you use to reserve a parking spot or do you call? What if your plans change after reserving a spot, is there a problem with refunds?

There are 5 other ships in port that day. How early do you need to reserve to assure a spot?

I am pursuing other options getting to port but will most likely drive down from Myrtle Beach, SC area and stay overnight in the Orlando area, then use this off-site parking. Will post my experience on return.

If anyone else has recently used this garage recently, let us know what you think.

Were you on last years Celebrity Equinox TA out of Rome on Nov 26th?

Gary

No Gary, we weren't on the Equinox...my husband won't travel abroad. Hope you have a good experience with the parking...let us know how it went.

Chris

NO!!!! OMG don't park in that area!! The police crime map is crimes that were charged!!! Half the time the cops don't even show to some of those areas.

This parking garage is secure...they have iron gates that are closed at the entrance every evening....no other way to get in. It's safer than any of the open parking lots that I have seen in Miami.

I've checked around for information regarding parking for a while and was often confused about the differences in companies. After reading 2FLacruisers, I've decided to use the http://www.globalairportparking.com. We're traveling from Naples to the port in two weeks, so I'll let y'all know our experience.

Just remember....there are 2 companies that go by Premier....the one we use is Premier Cruise Parking, their vans are identified by big blue lettering "Premier Parking" on the side of the van...the other is Premier Parking Ventures USA...not sure how their vans are identified, but they will give you a little yellow sticker to place on your shirt...from what I have heard, they are not too prompt, plus a lot of people get the two mixed up and there is confusion...Premier parking will give you the blue sheet of paper...in order to get back on the van at the conclusion of your cruise you must have this blue paper...they are very strict about that. Hope your experience will be a good as ours has been in the past...using them again for our upcoming February cruise out of Miami.

Chris

My boyfriend and I had a negative experience using Premier Cruise Parking two weeks ago over Spring Break. We found the garage easily enough. The directions were great, and the garage was marked. We arrived very shortly after 9:30 am like we had sign-up to do.

The attendant at the entrance told us that the person from Premier wouldn't be there until 11 am. I was a little irritated that we would have to wait so long, but we shrugged it off since we were getting the parking at such a great price.

We walked to Burger King and grabbed coffee and settled in the car to wait. Everything was great until about 10:40. An employee walking around told us we had to leave, and we couldn't come back until 11:00 because of the drug trafficking problem. We were even more annoyed now that the website allowed us to book a time before the Premier Parking person got there since we weren't allowed to sit in the parking garage.

We left the garage and drove around the area for 20 minutes. When we returned at 11:00, we were told that the attendant wasn't there yet, but we could park on this level and wait for him. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the guy to get there so we could go up to the parking level. After the Premier guy go there, we were able to get on the second shuttle and made our way quickly to the port.

They seemed a little disorganized, but still not too bad for a cheap parking option. I would still be willing to use this company again if we had gotten picked up in a timely manner. When we got off the ship, we spoke to a man who had been waiting about half an hour for a shuttle. We waited about 15 minutes before we saw the shuttle. We were not able to get on that shuttle. In the next 30 minutes we only saw 1 other shuttle from Premier Cruise Parking, and because it was full, it didn't even slow down. We waved at the shuttle trying to get the driver's attention, but apparently he didn't see us. We finally ended up having to call just to get them to send a shuttle over to the Carnival terminal.

As we waited the 45 minutes for the shuttle, I wrote down the names of the company shuttles that would show up every 5-10 minutes. Next year, I will be using one of those other companies who was running more than 2 shuttles.

To add insult to injury, one block from the parking garage we had to wait 30 minutes for a bike marathon to thin out enough for us to cross the road. While it wasn't the companies fault that there was a bike race going on, if they had picked us up in a timely manner, we wouldn't have had to wait.

If you have had a good experience with this company, you are very lucky. After my experience, I cannot recommend this company to anyone if they expect to work with a company who is organized and professional.

Sorry you have such a bad experience....but if you read their website, you are told not to arrive until 11:00 a.m. I myself would never leave that garage once you are in it....we arrive around 10:45am and the van is always waiting...we've never had to wait more than 10 minutes.

How It Works

When you use the Globalairportparking.com site, you are offered several parking options, safe garage self parking, valet parking, and I believe a parking lot, which we have driven to see, and it is not all that safe....the self parking garage has always been 1415 E.2nd Avenue, which is off Biscayne Blvd. It is next to the Board of Education and it is clearly marking with a "Cruise Parking" sign. Parking begins on the 5th floor, we usually park on the roof top...secure.

No reservation necessary. You are very smart.

I cannot believe the amount of people who will blindly park in areas locals have told them is either marginal or dangerous to save $40 just because other cruisers, who live thousands of miles away, had one decent experience.

The point of this thread is to avoid blindly parking anywhere. The sharing of information and experience is helpful.

As for saving $40-$60, how is that any less significant than those titillated over getting "free" canapés or drinks for spending thousands on a suite or veranda? If you aren't interested, fine. Why needle those who are?

If you actually look at the police crime map, you will see they are all over the area. The police are obviously very active there. Yet there are no incidents of crime at the Global Airport Parking garage.

There are dozens at the cruise terminal. That is statistically quite low, but it is hard to beat zero.

If you actually look at the police crime map, you will see they are all over the area. The police are obviously very active there. Yet there are no incidents of crime at the Global Airport Parking garage.

There are dozens at the cruise terminal. That is statistically quite low, but it is hard to beat zero.

You just keep thinking that.

Most of the time it is the employees running the scam. They are going to report themselves? If I can save one person from getting ripped off, I've done my job.

Don't forget that business as usual in Miami is very different from the rest of the US, if they can rip you off, they will.