Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

If you actually look at the police crime map, you will see they are all over the area. The police are obviously very active there. Yet there are no incidents of crime at the Global Airport Parking garage.

There are dozens at the cruise terminal. That is statistically quite low, but it is hard to beat zero.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I appreciate your caution and concern - and you are very kind to take the time to post it for this anonymous community. I do wonder about your logic on this issue, and I will address that, but thank you for caring enough to share your thoughts.

Are you suggesting that people who have had their vehicles stolen, burgled or vandalized wait around for the parking garage attendant to report a crime? And that would have to apply only to people who park in that particular garage, because there are ample crimes being reported in the area including the cruise terminal itself?

I have found that the other off-site parking lots in that area have lots of negative reviews here and on tripadvisor. Many of those have to do with lack of service and frustrating ends to an otherwise happy cruise. That alone would be enough to put me in the cruise terminal garage. And there are reports of crime. The crime map backs those anecdotal reports up.

And I was surprised to see the number of incidents IN the cruise terminal garages. I gather that there is a Homeland Security checkpoint before you even get into that area. Still, the map shows these sorts of crimes there.

But this Global Airport Parking garage site doesn't have many if any negative reviews, loads of positive ones, and zero crime reported so far this year as well as the end of 2012 (when I first checked it). Their biggest problem is confusion with another company that also uses the word "premier".

I'm a Florida native and resident, I'm quite aware of Miami's seedy side. This place looks as safe or safer than the cruise terminal to me, so the question is whether the minor inconvenience of off-site is worth $60 to me.

I like trying out all the off site lots, call me crazy but I have not had a issue leaving my car at any "shady" lots so far. This cruise Im giving the Global Airport Parking garage a try. For some reason we are always getting to the port early and I will venture to guess this trip will not be any different. To save my self the countless circles around the block:D..... what is the earliest they let you in the garage?

What kind of crime is being reported in the cruise terminal?

I havent' sailed out of Ft. lauderdale in a few years, but I remember having to show ID and proof of a cruise. That hasn't changed, has it?

i just looked at the Miami Police crime mapping website and it looks like there was a drug arrest and a lot of "non criminal" reports made. What they consider non criminal I will have to leave that up for debate.

As far as showing ID and having your cruise ticket.... yes, that is required to enter the terminal.

i just looked at the Miami Police crime mapping website and it looks like there was a drug arrest and a lot of "non criminal" reports made. What they consider non criminal I will have to leave that up for debate.

As far as showing ID and having your cruise ticket.... yes, that is required to enter the terminal.

Hi,

The default on the crime map looks back one week. Once I extended the dates to capture months instead of days a lot more showed up in the terminal itself. My guess is those are mostly stolen luggage incidents and maybe altercations between irritated folks for whatever reasons.

When are you going? Have a great cruise & please post your parking experience.

Tim

Edited by Theologator

I just posted this information on another parking thread and thought I would post it here as well. Parking in Miami is a question allot of people have.

We used the Premire Cruise Parking the one with the garage. Here is a recap.

Booked online through GlobalAirportParking.com total rate was about $55 for a 5 day cruise. The parking garage is the multicolored garage about 4 bocks from the American Airlines Arena (where the Heat play) on 2nd street.

When you book it the computer let's you pick your time to arrive, but the paperwork says that no one will be there till 11:00. (a few negative reviews about this) We got there about noon and there was no one there. There is a small sign downstairs that says cruise parking, but no instructions and no one around (Thanks to an earlier post I knew where to go). Pull in and take a ticket and go up to the 5th floor. There was a chair there but no one there. Go ahead and park under the overhang (after the 5th floor you are parking on the top of the garage) and call the number on your receipt.

An old white van (that had seen better days) with Premire written on it in Blue block lettering will arrive shortly. It looks like there is only one guy running back and forth between the port and handling parking. Leave a copy of your confirmation on your dash when you park.

Getting to the ship will take about 5 minutes after you leave the garage.

Getting back to the garage was a cluster. We were off the ship by 7:30 and it started pouring down rain (monsoon rain). After about 15 minutes we called and were told he was on the way. The driver blew right by us and kept going. (I don't think he saw us in all the confusion). Another Premiere van showed up shortly. This was a newer van with cursive writing. We ended up cathing a ride in another van (more to follow on that in a minute).

Would I use them again, yes. However, I think that I would plan on taking a taxi back after we got of the ship. The taxi ride would have been about $10-15 and I would have tipped the shuttle driver $5 anyway.

Shuttle Return- In all the confusion we got on the other Premire Parking shuttle. After we were leaving I confirmed the addres with the driver had he said no, you are with the competitiors. He said not to worry that he would drop us off after he went by his lot.

The other Premire is an outside lot and it is fenced. It is only about 8 blocks from the garage. It is by and underpass, but it is not parking under the underpass. They had allot more cars than the one at the parkign garage. I would have felt just as secure parking there as in the garage. It may have been a little more secure as the garage is pretty dark and no one can see your car during the day, atleast in the lot it is wide open to see if someone is messign with it.

The driver dropped us off right in front of the garage and even helped pull the bags in under the opening in the rain. He even offered a couple of bottles of water. I did give him a sizeable tip, but his customer service was great. I may even park at this Premire next time just for his customer service.

In summary, I would use either of these places to park again. We travel with small children (6 & 7), but are all experienced travelers. If you have traveled before and used offsite parking at an airport you should have no issues. If this is your first cruise or you are not comfortable with remote parking and being in new areas then I would reccomend a park/stay option or park at the port.

That is such a nice, detailed, thorough review. We had the EXACT same experience (but we didn't hop in the competitor's van on the way back). ;) Getting to the port is a breeze, but coming back is a longer wait. We've booked through globalairportparking.com twice now and will continue to use them to park at Premiere Cruise Parking's garage in Miami.

Thanks for the update, as we haven't parked there in a few months so it's good to get more recent feedback like yours.

Edited by TravlGrl

We have used Premier Cruise Parking twice in the last year with no problems (other than misreading our GPS). Paid in advance $8 per day. They do say the shuttles don't go until 11 a.m. but we got in the van with another couple and were on our way by 10:45 in April. Slight wait for the shuttle back to the garage but no problems.

Going out of POM in a couple weeks and booked a reservation a couple weeks ago. This time the guy on the phone said I could pay then or when we arrived at the garage. I opted for the latter and when I got the confirmation e-mail, it says we have to pay cash on arrival. Told him we would be there at 10:30 a.m.

The ship we are sailing on will be coming out of dry dock so since there will be no delay for departing passengers we want to try to be on board as early as possible; don't want to wait til 11 for the shuttle. May park at the port this time, it's only a 4 night cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
My boyfriend and I had a negative experience using Premier Cruise Parking two weeks ago over Spring Break. We found the garage easily enough. The directions were great, and the garage was marked. We arrived very shortly after 9:30 am like we had sign-up to do.

The attendant at the entrance told us that the person from Premier wouldn't be there until 11 am. I was a little irritated that we would have to wait so long, but we shrugged it off since we were getting the parking at such a great price.

We walked to Burger King and grabbed coffee and settled in the car to wait. Everything was great until about 10:40. An employee walking around told us we had to leave, and we couldn't come back until 11:00 because of the drug trafficking problem. We were even more annoyed now that the website allowed us to book a time before the Premier Parking person got there since we weren't allowed to sit in the parking garage.

We left the garage and drove around the area for 20 minutes. When we returned at 11:00, we were told that the attendant wasn't there yet, but we could park on this level and wait for him. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the guy to get there so we could go up to the parking level. After the Premier guy go there, we were able to get on the second shuttle and made our way quickly to the port.

They seemed a little disorganized, but still not too bad for a cheap parking option. I would still be willing to use this company again if we had gotten picked up in a timely manner. When we got off the ship, we spoke to a man who had been waiting about half an hour for a shuttle. We waited about 15 minutes before we saw the shuttle. We were not able to get on that shuttle. In the next 30 minutes we only saw 1 other shuttle from Premier Cruise Parking, and because it was full, it didn't even slow down. We waved at the shuttle trying to get the driver's attention, but apparently he didn't see us. We finally ended up having to call just to get them to send a shuttle over to the Carnival terminal.

As we waited the 45 minutes for the shuttle, I wrote down the names of the company shuttles that would show up every 5-10 minutes. Next year, I will be using one of those other companies who was running more than 2 shuttles.

To add insult to injury, one block from the parking garage we had to wait 30 minutes for a bike marathon to thin out enough for us to cross the road. While it wasn't the companies fault that there was a bike race going on, if they had picked us up in a timely manner, we wouldn't have had to wait.

If you have had a good experience with this company, you are very lucky. After my experience, I cannot recommend this company to anyone if they expect to work with a company who is organized and professional.

Alayna, Could you please let me know which parking companies you saw that came by more frequently then tha premier parking. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I forgot to post about this.

We dropped our luggage and mom and sister off at the port, then rode to the garage. When we got there, there was a long line of people, who had their luggage with them. So, we had to wait for two more shuttles before we could get on. If the others had dropped their luggage off, there could have been more room. It should be a requirement. Some of the people waiting with us said they would do it that way next time they parked.

So the hour long wait was not fun. They had 3 vans, but only one driver. We were told that the other driver had called off sick. I really believe this is a tactic they use. We had to park on the fifth floor and most of the parking was uncovered, but seemed secure.

On our exit, we waited 20 minutes for the shuttle, with other shuttles coming and going. So we hailed a taxi and went to the garage, which cost $10.00. I personally would rather go ahead and pay the taxi fee and use the parking, because the area was not bad at all.

On the fifth level, there is an area with spray painted words stating that the area was reserved for the USDA. The driver told us we could move from the uncovered area and park there since it is no longer reserved. I think he was impressed that we had dropped our luggage off and he didn't have to load it.

My family is going again in 12/2014 and we'll need more vehicles then, so we'll probably use them again and use the taxis. Even with the taxi, still cheaper than the port. No damage or problems with the car.

Suzan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I would like to clarify the difference between the two parking garages near

the port of Miami.

I called a number for Premier Parking (they have a number of port parking in other cities) the number is 1-877-809-3009 and the lot is located on 1st Ct,

between 7th & 8th St. They have free shuttles to the port in both directions.

the rate is $7.50 per day. + tax.

Is this the lot that people have been having problems with or is it the lot that is booked by Global?

Comments, please.

I would like to clarify the difference between the two parking garages near

the port of Miami.

I called a number for Premier Parking (they have a number of port parking in other cities) the number is 1-877-809-3009 and the lot is located on 1st Ct,

between 7th & 8th St. They have free shuttles to the port in both directions.

the rate is $7.50 per day. + tax.

Is this the lot that people have been having problems with or is it the lot that is booked by Global?

Comments, please.

Global Airport Parking's garage is at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. They are the site getting positive reviews and where we have made our reservation for January.

Their phone number is (954) 828-0242

I hope that is helpful. Have a great trip!

Hello all- We just returned today from parking in Miami @ 1415 NE 2nd Ave. Everything went perfectly. The shutles both ways were fast. The ramp was OK, but we had to park in the sun for $8 each day total. We booked direct with the owner because we had problems with Global last year, they overbooked and left us hanging. Book direct with the owner.

Hello all- We just returned today from parking in Miami @ 1415 NE 2nd Ave. Everything went perfectly. The shutles both ways were fast. The ramp was OK, but we had to park in the sun for $8 each day total. We booked direct with the owner because we had problems with Global last year, they overbooked and left us hanging. Book direct with the owner.

We've already booked online though global. Do you have a local phone number you can share? Maybe we can call to confirm. Thanks!

Yes, call 800-435-3195 or email Premiercruisepark@BellSouth.net but forget about Gobal, they just take a markup for their website. Also, premiercruisepark has a ramp in Ft. Lauderdale which we have used and can recommend, just a few block north of the docks. And, THEY ARE NOT "Premier Parking Ventures", which were on the news last week.

Edited by neptuno

Yes, call 800-435-3195 or email Premiercruisepark@BellSouth.net but forget about Gobal, they just take a markup for their website. Also, premiercruisepark has a ramp in Ft. Lauderdale which we have used and can recommend, just a few block north of the docks.

Thanks - I'll call tomorrow. I don't mind paying Global their small cut since that is how I found this garage. But for those finding it through this forum, you've made it simpler and easier. Thanks again. This is the sort of thing that makes CruiseCritic so helpful.

Yes, I too found them through Global, only to be turned away at the gate due to overbooking after I had prepaid with the credit card. I then had to scramble and park on a dirt lot a bit closer to the port. Fortunately, the vehicle survived unscathed for half the money, about $4.50 daily total. But I like the ramp better. And the owner takes cash at arrival, no prepay required.

With all the Miami cruisers surely someone who has parked at Premiere Cruise Parking for an extended time will kindly, once and for all, REVEAL THE ADDRESS of this parking garage. Screw the lady on the phone and her commission. :mad: I'll consider parking at this place when I know the exact address and only after I arrive in Miami. None of this pay in advance with my credit card over the internet for a pig in the poke. ;):cool:

Yes indeed, please see my previous post. Forget about Global.

Yes, call 800-435-3195 or email Premiercruisepark@BellSouth.net but forget about Gobal, they just take a markup for their website. Also, premiercruisepark has a ramp in Ft. Lauderdale which we have used and can recommend, just a few block north of the docks. And, THEY ARE NOT "Premier Parking Ventures", which were on the news last week.

Dang booked last month. Didn't have a clue about how to contact the owners.

Dang booked last month. Didn't have a clue about how to contact the owners.

Update:

I emailed them using the address given above to confirm my reservation through Global. Here is the reply:

"You have made a reservation and paid thru Global Airport Parking which is our representative, a very reputable company. Your parking space is absolutely confirmed at our Miami garage which includes courtesy round trip shuttle service for up to 4 passengers per reserve parking space. In the future you can contact us directly if you so wish when making reservations."

I'm happy to have that confirmation. Thanks again, Neptuno.

Edited by Theologator

Thanks for the great info, Neptuno, and for all the other posters' research and experience. I just called the 800 number and booked my reservation. $63 all inclusive for the week payable in cash upon arrival.

• 5 weeks later...

There is a website which says they are the closest parking lot to the Port of Miami. Their website is: www.PortofMiamiCruiseParking.com and they charge $6.00 per day. You can go to the website and pay in advance and then owe nothing when you pick up the car.

They say they are within walking distance and their lot has a perimeter fence. Has anyone tried this?