Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

Another thumbs up for Premier through "Global Airport Parking".

We arrived around 12:45 p.m. and a shuttle was waiting. We parked and hopped right on. Port was about a 5 minute drive. There were 8 of us comfortably on the shuttle.

On the way back, the instructions said to "flag down" a driver and I did just that after about 10 minutes waiting. He saw me and pulled right in. Was a very easy process. There was a shuttle right after the one I flagged so the 4 people who were left behind on the first shuttle were right behind us.

I only did a 3 night, so I spent $27.XX while at the port it would have been $60.00 . . . so the savings for a 7 day would be around $85.00 w/ Google searching coupon. Well worth it and a secure lot.

I would caution that if you get there late on the day of your cruise, you may not get a "covered" spot. We reserved through "Global" and still the lot was so packed we literally got one of the last spots available on the rooftop with no cover. I was cool with that because my car needs a paint job anyways but I can imagine somebody who has a newer car and is parking in the summer may want a covered spot and it wont be there. Definitely reserve in advance.

Overall a real solid experience. Not one issue, the vans are in good enough shape with good A/C and a great value with savings that can be used on drinks while on the ship :)

We just returned from Miami and used Premier Parking, not the one with the garage, but they one with the lot. They were terrible and I would never park there again. Waited over an hour to get a shuttle to the port. Staff rude and not helpful. They are located at 811 NW 1st Court.

We just got back from our cruise out of Miami and used Premier, which we booked thru globalairportparking.com. We had used them before....all I have to say is we left the ship at 7:15, were picked by shuttle, and we were on I95 at 8:08am....we will use them again in February.

We just returned from Miami and used Premier Parking, not the one with the garage, but they one with the lot. They were terrible and I would never park there again. Waited over an hour to get a shuttle to the port. Staff rude and not helpful. They are located at 811 NW 1st Court.

The lots over there are really seedy. I only park in those when i go to the games, and im coming out in a few hours. Homeless people swarm the area at night. I dont care what anyone says, theres a bunch of homeless people im in miami almost every night

Enclosed please find additional information regarding your upcoming parking reservation. Your rate is $ 8.00 per day including taxes for a total of $ 32.00 with free transportation to and from the Port, for the period of Jan 21 to Jan 25, 2013. Payment is due in cash upon arrival. Please print enclosed attachment.

Please note we also service Ft Lauderdale , Canaveral & Jacksonville Ports.

We appreciate your patronage !!! Happy New Year !!!

Regards,

Chris,

Reservation Dept.

Premier Cruise Parking

800-435-3195

premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net

Copied the email, if anyone wants to book through the company directly.

Enclosed please find additional information regarding your upcoming parking reservation. Your rate is $ 8.00 per day including taxes for a total of $ 32.00 with free transportation to and from the Port, for the period of Jan 21 to Jan 25, 2013. Payment is due in cash upon arrival. Please print enclosed attachment.

Please note we also service Ft Lauderdale , Canaveral & Jacksonville Ports.

We appreciate your patronage !!! Happy New Year !!!

Regards,

Chris,

Reservation Dept.

Premier Cruise Parking

800-435-3195

premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net

Copied the email, if anyone wants to book through the company directly.

Thank you for posting this. If we book direct, we will save from paying the few bucks that Global charges as a service fee. Much appreciated!

Anybody ever parked or considered parking for a cruise at the Earlington Heights Miami Metrorail station parking garage? They allow overnight parking there for $4/day. One could either take a cab from there, or take the metrorail to downtown Miami.

oh god please dont do that. Earlington heights is the hood/ghetto, you might come back to a car on bricks. Just use the one i posted about its $8 and close to the port, the amount of money you would spend on the cab is going to equal out the cost to around $8

Edited by ambam

That ones bad too, its in Hialeah and also very far from the port. The only stations i can recommend that you might have a little assurance is viscaya-which is a nice are close to downtown/port, Coconut grove- which is nice and a little farther then viscaya but still close enough to the port, but there's still some stranglers that hang there and the University of Miami station- which of course is decent because of the school but a good distance from the port. You have to remember this is Miami, were very urbanized and a lot of people are doing nothing with their lives but looking for trouble. Also no one patrols those lots so a criminal could have a field day with no one around to stop.

Edited by ambam

That ones bad too, its in Hialeah and also very far from the port. The only stations i can recommend that you might have a little assurance is viscaya-which is a nice are close to downtown/port, Coconut grove- which is nice and a little farther then viscaya but still close enough to the port, but there's still some stranglers that hang there and the University of Miami station

Thanks, Abcam. According the metrorail website, the only stations that allow overnight parking are Earlington Heights, Okeechobee, and South Miami. These stations all have parking garages. Perhaps one or all of these garages are better (less chance for vandalism and cheaper) than some of the surface lots cruisers use in downtown miami? Still have to catch a cab or take the train to downtown and then walk/catch a cab to POM... an adventure I wouldn't mind doing but definitely not for everyone.

Thanks, Abcam. According the metrorail website, the only stations that allow overnight parking are Earlington Heights, Okeechobee, and South Miami. These stations all have parking garages. Perhaps one or all of these garages are better (less chance for vandalism and cheaper) than some of the surface lots cruisers use in downtown miami? Still have to catch a cab or take the train to downtown and then walk/catch a cab to POM... an adventure I wouldn't mind doing but definitely not for everyone.

All of those stations are bad, even though their garages homeless people sleep in them. Im telling you, its not worth it for the little bit of $$ your trying to save. But if you do park at the garages you can take the metrorail to downtown and then the metromover which is free to get in front of the stadium and then a $5 taxi to the port. All in all you will spend the same if not more money trying to do what your trying to do instead of just paying $8 by the port

Edited by ambam

My apologies if this is off the topic of the thread but we are flying out of Miami on the 8th of March and arriving back in the port on the 31st. Does any of the parking alternatives offer shuttles to the airport and from the port?

We parked at Premier Cruise Parking (booked via Global Airport Parking) again for the second time last week. We had a good experience again, and we'll continue to park here.

Just a reminder that this is NOT Premier Parking Ventures or Premier Parking USA. This is referencing Premier Cruise Parking.

We arrived to the parking garage about 10:45am, located at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. On the sidewalk, they have a sandwich board that simply says, "Cruise Parking". We showed our pre-paid confirmation, and were directed to park on the 5th level this time (last time we parked on the 3rd level). We got lucky as there were only 2 spots left that were covered. With 7 ships in port this day, the cruise port was PACKED! Even arriving as early as we did barely ensured covered parking this time around.

We parked our car, and were in the van and off to the port in about 5-6 minutes. The vans are the same beat-up looking vans they had last time we parked here, but they do the job and they get us to the port safely. There appears to be no AC in the vans though, as the windows are always down and it's pretty warm. Thankfully, this garage is located so close to the port so it's not unbearable.

Upon return, we got to the curb around 9:05am and waited about 12 minutes or so before a van arrived. A few passengers who tried to get in our van were looking for a Premier Ventures van. It was obvious our driver was accustomed to making sure every passenger had the RIGHT Premier. It took us 5 minutes to get back to the garage where we were dropped off at our car, and we were safely on our way back home.

Though this isn't a pretty looking garage, and their vans aren't sparkly looking, this is the best option we've found in Miami and will continue to park here. Other cities have soooo many good options, but Miami only has ONE in my opinion -- Premier Cruise Parking. Next time around though, we will book direct as a previous poster mentioned, and we'll save a few dollars by not paying a service fee.

My apologies if this is off the topic of the thread but we are flying out of Miami on the 8th of March and arriving back in the port on the 31st. Does any of the parking alternatives offer shuttles to the airport and from the port?

Most of the hotels offering parking deals offer free airport shuttles, but not from POM back to the hotel - a taxi from POM to MIA is $24+tip (flat rate) and a few bucks more to the hotel (on the meter).

Check www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com Good luck! :)

We parked at Premier Cruise Parking (booked via Global Airport Parking) again for the second time last week. We had a good experience again, and we'll continue to park here.

Just a reminder that this is NOT Premier Parking Ventures or Premier Parking USA. This is referencing Premier Cruise Parking.

We arrived to the parking garage about 10:45am, located at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. On the sidewalk, they have a sandwich board that simply says, "Cruise Parking". We showed our pre-paid confirmation, and were directed to park on the 5th level this time (last time we parked on the 3rd level). We got lucky as there were only 2 spots left that were covered. With 7 ships in port this day, the cruise port was PACKED! Even arriving as early as we did barely ensured covered parking this time around.

We parked our car, and were in the van and off to the port in about 5-6 minutes. The vans are the same beat-up looking vans they had last time we parked here, but they do the job and they get us to the port safely. There appears to be no AC in the vans though, as the windows are always down and it's pretty warm. Thankfully, this garage is located so close to the port so it's not unbearable.

Upon return, we got to the curb around 9:05am and waited about 12 minutes or so before a van arrived. A few passengers who tried to get in our van were looking for a Premier Ventures van. It was obvious our driver was accustomed to making sure every passenger had the RIGHT Premier. It took us 5 minutes to get back to the garage where we were dropped off at our car, and we were safely on our way back home.

Though this isn't a pretty looking garage, and their vans aren't sparkly looking, this is the best option we've found in Miami and will continue to park here. Other cities have soooo many good options, but Miami only has ONE in my opinion -- Premier Cruise Parking. Next time around though, we will book direct as a previous poster mentioned, and we'll save a few dollars by not paying a service fee.

thank you for your feedback...went ahead and booked them through the email that was posted on post#206...glad to be saving money instead of parking at the port...this is the first time leaving from Miami all our others have been in Port Canaveral and we use an off port parking place with great service and had been trying to find one there. Did u drop off your luggage first or just take it with you in the shuttle?

These are the garage owners. They have garages in other Florida ports. We just booked them at Port Everglades, I think they said Tampa and Port Canaveral as well. They don't have a direct website (yet), but will answer the phone and email you back. Their flat daily rates of $8-8.50 include taxes and no additional fees paid to middlemen like Global. I discovdered these owners when Global botched my reservation, by overbooking. The owners reservation system lets you pay when you arrive. Please let us know how the vans are doing if you choose to use them.

Premier cruise parking was great, i had the same exact experience last week. We had tons of people trying to jump in our van that parked in the other premier lot. They thought we were ignoring them when we drove off, but they had no idea our van was not the same company, I dont know why they dont change their name. Anyways on arrival, i parked on 5th floor with no cover. I was fine with it as i live here and my car is out in the sun 24/7 anyways. The shuttle came to take us to the port in 5 mins. When i got back i had to wait about 20 mins for the shuttle back to the garage but i think thats because i just missed one. Premier cruise parking was perfect imo, and i felt safe leaving my car there for $38. Just make sure you dont confuse them with those other bad rep premier companies. I posted the direct link to the people i used in a earlier post. If you have more then 1 bag per person i would drop the bags off first, we had a full van and someone almost had to stay behind because of bag space.

Premier cruise parking was great, i had the same exact experience last week. We had tons of people trying to jump in our van that parked in the other premier lot. They thought we were ignoring them when we drove off, but they had no idea our van was not the same company, I dont know why they dont change their name. Anyways on arrival, i parked on 5th floor with no cover. I was fine with it as i live here and my car is out in the sun 24/7 anyways. The shuttle came to take us to the port in 5 mins. When i got back i had to wait about 20 mins for the shuttle back to the garage but i think thats because i just missed one. Premier cruise parking was perfect imo, and i felt safe leaving my car there for $38. Just make sure you dont confuse them with those other bad rep premier companies. I posted the direct link to the people i used in a earlier post. If you have more then 1 bag per person i would drop the bags off first, we had a full van and someone almost had to stay behind because of bag space.

We just got back to Miami today and had good service as well. We booked through Global Parking website without issue. Now that I know the information for the company, I would be willing to book direct. Our only issue is that the garage isn't well marked as a cruise parking garage (it's only the 5th floor+ for cruise parking, so its understandable) so we were unsure we had the right place when we first got there. We were early, around 10:30am, so we kept out luggage with us, because we weren't sure if the porters would be taking luggage that early.

When we got back to Miami today, we didn't wait long for a shuttle. We did notice that the other premier lot company with the yellow logo, gave their customers stickers to wear, that way the porters knew which vans to direct them too. That didn't stop the others from being confused. We knew which van to look for because they gave a printout with a reminder to look for the white van with 'Premiere' lettering in BLUE.

The driver was definitely a pro at packing baggage! I don't know how he did it, but he packed 13 of us in that van (lots of kids as we were DCL), and lots of luggage in the back. As we entered the garage another van was leaving to pick up more people. He dropped us near our car and we were free to go. Very easy and I felt safe at all times. We will book with them again when we sail out Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk