Pearl Harbor with NCL

merle65

Hi,Doing a Pearl Harbor /city tour with NCL when the cruise is over and was wondering who took this tour ?Is it rushed? Our plane doesn't leave til 6:10 pm needed a place to keep luggage so I thought this was best idea.What time it drops you off at airport? Any other ideas til my plane leaves.

Hi,Doing a Pearl Harbor /city tour with NCL when the cruise is over and was wondering who took this tour ?Is it rushed? Our plane doesn't leave til 6:10 pm needed a place to keep luggage so I thought this was best idea.What time it drops you off at airport? Any other ideas til my plane leaves.

If you look at the tour description on NCL, it should tell you the length of the tour and the start time. That should tell you when the drop off at the airport is. Your luggage goes with you.

There is luggage storage at the pier where you can store your luggage while you explore. You could take a taxi to Waikik and walk around, shop, eat and get some beach time, all within walking distance.

There was info posted recently about some rental companies, not located at the airport which do shuttle pickups at the pier, if you want to go out on your own. Or maybe simpler, just taxi to the airport and rent a car. When you return, you are ready to check in.

does your tour include an airport drop off?

we're doing Pearl Harbor & the USS Missouri with NCL. with the start time and estimated duration, I figure we'll be dropped off at the airport around 3pm.

NCL is really lacking in its description of Pearl Harbor tours post cruise. we're not sure what to expect or how much we need to plan four ourselves once we get to Pearl Harbor.

I am assuming that NCL will keep luggage during the day until being dropped

off at the airport.

does your tour include an airport drop off?

we're doing Pearl Harbor & the USS Missouri with NCL. with the start time and estimated duration, I figure we'll be dropped off at the airport around 3pm.

NCL is really lacking in its description of Pearl Harbor tours post cruise. we're not sure what to expect or how much we need to plan four ourselves once we get to Pearl Harbor.

I am assuming that NCL will keep luggage during the day until being dropped

off at the airport.

We want the same tour. When do you go? Report back here? 😉

Our flight back is 730pm

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

We want the same tour. When do you go? Report back here?

Our flight back is 730pm

We'll be home on April 10th and I'll definitely be writing a review. Our flight is at 8:00pm. After checking in and going through security, we'll probably have 3 or 4 hours at the airport. When is your cruise?

We'll be home on April 10th and I'll definitely be writing a review. Our flight is at 8:00pm. After checking in and going through security, we'll probably have 3 or 4 hours at the airport. When is your cruise?

That's awesome sauce! [emoji14]

Not until June 18. 100 days from today. #NotSoonEnough

• 5 weeks later...
Hope you had a great trip! How'd it go?

The trip was great! I just started a review if you're interested:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2341463

Pearl Harbor with NCL was easier than I expected. Our tickets were waiting in the room for us on day one with instructions on when and where to meet on the last day. Later in the week we received another envelope with special tags to put on our suitcases. Friday night we left our suitcases out in the hall, but kept our backpacks and carry on luggage.

Saturday morning we met in the Hollywood Theater and were lead out as a group. We picked up our suitcases, which were in the same room as everyone else's but were in a specific tour area. There was a NCL employee there to tell us where to wait and which bus to get on.

Our bus driver first took us on a city tour through Honolulu. A random tip is to use the bathroom before you pick up your suitcases. He stopped for a break at the request of some passengers, but it was at a sketchy park bathroom with no toilet paper or working sink.

We then went to Pearl Harbor. He handed out our tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial and made sure we knew when and where to get in line. There is a movie first and then the water shuttle to the memorial. Afterwards we had about an hour of free time before meeting the tour guide again. Some people used the time to see tour the submarine with tickets they had to purchase separately. Others went inside buildings that had a lot of information and pictures posted.

We decided to eat lunch. There's a snack shop near the movie theater that has water, soda, chips, nuts, candy and some prepackaged sandwiches. I ate an egg salad sandwich and didn't die. There's a snack bar by the submarine that has hot dogs, nachos and soup. There were enough old missiles and torpedoes on display to look at after we ate.

We met back with our group and guide to take the shuttle to the USS Missouri. We got on the boat as a group, then were split in half with two different boat guides. After 30 or so minutes on a guided tour, we had about 20 minutes to explore on our own before getting back on the shuttle with our original tour guide. We then walked with him to our bus and were dropped off at the airport.

We met at the Hollywood Theater at 8:15 and arrived at the airport around 4:15. It felt like a long day but it was a good option for those with a later flight. The only aspect that could potentially change the tour is the timing of the USS Arizona Memorial tickets. Ours were for 11:45 and I don't know if they try to secure the same time every Saturday. I suppose if the tickets were for earlier in the morning, the Honolulu city tour might be second. I hope this wasn't too much and helped a little!

The trip was great! I just started a review if you're interested:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2341463

Pearl Harbor with NCL was easier than I expected. Our tickets were waiting in the room for us on day one with instructions on when and where to meet on the last day. Later in the week we received another envelope with special tags to put on our suitcases. Friday night we left our suitcases out in the hall, but kept our backpacks and carry on luggage.

Saturday morning we met in the Hollywood Theater and were lead out as a group. We picked up our suitcases, which were in the same room as everyone else's but were in a specific tour area. There was a NCL employee there to tell us where to wait and which bus to get on.

Our bus driver first took us on a city tour through Honolulu. A random tip is to use the bathroom before you pick up your suitcases. He stopped for a break at the request of some passengers, but it was at a sketchy park bathroom with no toilet paper or working sink.

We then went to Pearl Harbor. He handed out our tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial and made sure we knew when and where to get in line. There is a movie first and then the water shuttle to the memorial. Afterwards we had about an hour of free time before meeting the tour guide again. Some people used the time to see tour the submarine with tickets they had to purchase separately. Others went inside buildings that had a lot of information and pictures posted.

We decided to eat lunch. There's a snack shop near the movie theater that has water, soda, chips, nuts, candy and some prepackaged sandwiches. I ate an egg salad sandwich and didn't die. There's a snack bar by the submarine that has hot dogs, nachos and soup. There were enough old missiles and torpedoes on display to look at after we ate.

We met back with our group and guide to take the shuttle to the USS Missouri. We got on the boat as a group, then were split in half with two different boat guides. After 30 or so minutes on a guided tour, we had about 20 minutes to explore on our own before getting back on the shuttle with our original tour guide. We then walked with him to our bus and were dropped off at the airport.

We met at the Hollywood Theater at 8:15 and arrived at the airport around 4:15. It felt like a long day but it was a good option for those with a later flight. The only aspect that could potentially change the tour is the timing of the USS Arizona Memorial tickets. Ours were for 11:45 and I don't know if they try to secure the same time every Saturday. I suppose if the tickets were for earlier in the morning, the Honolulu city tour might be second. I hope this wasn't too much and helped a little!

Price wise, how does this tour rate compared to renting a car and doing the tour on your own? You can pre-"purchase" tickets online for the Memorial (they are free, but a small service charge for the online purchase) plus you can add on tix for the USS Missouri as well as the Pacific Aviation Museum (I think).

We are flying in 3 days before the cruise and we'll probably going to see the memorial and everything one day then - get there early maybe before the crowds.:)

Edited by olemissreb

I am planning on bringing a carry on luggage and a large tote for my trip. If I did a similar excursion would i not put my luggage out the night before but just bring it that morning? The large tote would I leave it on the bus but from what I read you are to leave nothing in your vehicles?

I read that you are not allowed to bring a purse, backpack or camera case to Pearl Harbor for security reasons. Did you use a hidden security belt?

That's awesome sauce! [emoji14]

Not until June 18. 100 days from today. #NotSoonEnough

https://www.nps.gov/valr/learn/news/dock-replacement-at-world-war-ii-valor-in-the-pacific-national-monument.htm

Just a heads - up. They're replacing the dock at the memorial June 13 through June 26. You won't be able to walk onto the memorial, but they'll still have the boats running. Everything else will be fully operational.

Edited by greatlakesgirl

Price wise, how does this tour rate compared to renting a car and doing the tour on your own? You can pre-"purchase" tickets online for the Memorial (they are free, but a small service charge for the online purchase) plus you can add on tix for the USS Missouri as well as the Pacific Aviation Museum (I think).

We are flying in 3 days before the cruise and we'll probably going to see the memorial and everything one day then - get there early maybe before the crowds.:)

I honestly didn't price compare. We also had a car 3 days before the cruise, but had so much else we wanted to see and do that there wasn't time for Pearl Harbor then. After the cruise I didn't want to go back to the airport, rent another car, and do Pearl harbor on our own. Going through NCL was more about convenience, luggage storage and a ride to the airport.

I am planning on bringing a carry on luggage and a large tote for my trip. If I did a similar excursion would i not put my luggage out the night before but just bring it that morning? The large tote would I leave it on the bus but from what I read you are to leave nothing in your vehicles?

I read that you are not allowed to bring a purse, backpack or camera case to Pearl Harbor for security reasons. Did you use a hidden security belt?

Are you going before your cruise or after? Are you renting a car and doing it on your own or are you going on a planned excursion?

If you do something planned through the ship, you can do whatever you want with your bags. If you want to put your larger bag out the night before so you don't have to carry it off the ship, just tag it and put it in the hallway. Just make sure you have anything valuable or important with you and clothes to wear in the morning. You'll be reunited with everything before you even get on the bus. There's a compartment under the bus for larger bags or anything you don't need with you during the day. I left my purse on the bus as the guide said he has never had a problem with items being left onboard and he was locking the doors. There are lockers for $3 at Pearl Harbor if you'd prefer to leave something there. I just put my ID and some money in my pockets for the day.

My sister took the "disembarkation day" shore excursion with NCL, since she had a 8PM United flight to Houston. The cost - 120$ pp including taxes.

She was very happy with this tour, they were dropped at around 4.15PM at the airport. Their luggage was kept in the bus during all this time.

The only major disappointment was that they didn't make it to the Arizona Memorial, only to the movie. I understand that the Navy didn't allow this. I recommended her to take this tour on the last day, and warned her that this could happen.

Instead, they were took to Naá pali lookout, which we've done together before the cruise, but they were still happy not to "vegetate" so many hours at the airport.

All in all - they were given a tour of Honolulu, PH (Missouri, Mighty Mo?) and the lookout, starting at 8AM.

As for us, if someone is interested - booked the AM tickets on line 60 days before the embarkation day for noon, got there early (with our rental) and managed to get in with the 11AM tour, were lucky enough not to have the Navy cancel the shuttle to AM, very moving, very well organized. Got a good tip on these boards about bringing with me a see-through bag, since I didn't want to leave our Israeli passports ANYWHERE but with me, and the security man at the gate told me that they even encourage see-through for people who don't want to part with their valuables. I carried with me our passports, credit cards, airline tickets and money. For DH's backpack we paid 3$ to store.

Took the tour, returned the rental and had a free shuttle to pier.

I'll also write a report later, when I'll get over the jet-lag of flying over 22 hours back to Tel Aviv :(

I honestly didn't price compare. We also had a car 3 days before the cruise, but had so much else we wanted to see and do that there wasn't time for Pearl Harbor then. After the cruise I didn't want to go back to the airport, rent another car, and do Pearl harbor on our own. Going through NCL was more about convenience, luggage storage and a ride to the airport.

Thanks. We are planning on doing Pearl Harbor before the cruise along with hiking Diamondhead. We've also got 3 days post cruise, but not sure if we'll stay on Oahu or head to another island (leaning toward going to Lanai).

For those peeps who don't know what flight times are compatible with this excursion, I found this on the NCL site after MUCH digging:

Note: This tour is offered for guests with flights after 6:00 pm and drops-off at the airport only. Guests are responsible for ensuring their debarkation tours are compatible with their flight departure times. Guests have the option to book their flights through our Premium Air Department to ensure that flight departure times do not interfere with debark tours

On another note, if you HAVE to do the Arizona Memorial, don't leave it to the last day if you can help. Because it's an actual boat ride to the Memorial itself, the winds DO play a factor in them being able to safely secure the boat to the Memorial. The Navy will stop the boats if they deem it unsafe. People get real ticked off when this happens, but in todays age where litigation can be over ANYTHING, I think the Navy is playing it super safe for that reason. Especially when elders are involved. If your Memorial tour is cancelled though, the USS Bowfin, the USS Missouri, and the Pacific Aviation Museum are worth a visit. They cost $, but worth it.